Predictions Lola's Spouse

GodOfDestruction

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2015
Messages
230
Reaction score
228
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now the big thing we need to figure out is who is the person Lola was supposed to marry that would
A. Give Big Mom immense power
And
B. Allow her to take down all Yonkou with the exception of Blackbeard.


So who do you think Lola was bound to marry.
 

Shobu_Yoruichi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
731
Reaction score
4,330
Gender
Hidden
Country
Chile
For the second requirement, this fits:


The first, it might be her reason to only threaten because in One Piece nobody is undefeatable. I guess it's there when Giants come to play their act, the army of them as Law said, possibly it's to just discourage enemies:


If you ask me, i don't want Giants much to be involved, in fact i've a theory where Elbaf is directly related with Uranus' Poneglyph location type, and really want them to take protagonism there.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
When I first read this in the spoilers, I felt the level of hype for such a claim by LinLin exceeded combat ability of any one person. So I think it comes down to influence, or some specialty.

1) Vegapunk - we seen Caesar already boost Kaido's army. So a genius like Vegapunk could have made BM even bigger.
2) Ancient Weapon owner - this fills the hype requirement, I just don't know if anyone possesses one. Poseidon is a woman, so I rule that weapon out.

I thought the government/Gorosei for a moment, but I doubt they would desire a great shift in power balance.
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
I've had this discussion with someone, and they suggested it has something to do with someone from Elbaf. I mean, the nation is mostly composed of Warriors and other powerful beings, so them being part of BM's subordinates would be huge (no pun intended).
On top of that, it might also have something to do with the reasoning as to why Big Mom hates Giants, because it reminds her of the incident that Lola escaped from such an important wedding.
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
what I find weird about this is that if this alliance was so important why didn't the other party simply marry to a different big mom daughter. The only explanation I have right now is that the other party specifically wanted to marry lola....

Whoever this was supposed to be probably was part of a rather large organization... It can't have been even something like luffy's pirate armada considering that would not be nearly enough to give big mom that big a boost in military power. It can't have been vegapunk, IMO, because the world government already has him and even with him they barely won against WB.... If vegapunk was that big a factor then the world government would have already defeated the yonko and ended the age of pirates altogether. We don't really know of any one pirate organization which would actually give big mom that much power so it makes sense that it would not be a pirate organization. Maybe the new world has more kingdoms with this amount of power. Perhaps it relates to wano?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
My guess is that it could be Whitebeard's son, maybe. I forgot his name, but if Big Mom had Whitebeard as an in-law, she'd probably be the second or third most powerful.
 

MOYcano 0.23

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Messages
325
Reaction score
190
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I'm voting for a giant and I think Lola turned down this arranged marriage because she wants *coff* physical love *coff* ... but being this a shonen manga, we will never get this honest answer as part of the official story (I'm not discarding a SBS answer).
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I also agree to the Giants theory.

As I have stated before in another thread, while the Giants we have seen so far have not had a great battle record (Oars, Oars Jr, Jaguar, Droggy, etc), we have not witnessed neither a Giant Devil Fruit User, a GOOD giant haki user, or a 6 arts Giant user, in all of 800+ Chapters.

Think about it, if a Giant was capable of using Soru (or a equivalent), had a good df, like say, Akainu´s, plus a powerfull amount of haki on top of the common bulk,size, and power of a Giant, how unstopable would he/she be?

Even the aformentioned bad record of the giants, lets look at it shall we?

-Oars was as dumb as Luffy while being controled by a deranged Moria. Still required ALL of the strawhats (pre timeskip) + Nightmare Luffy to defeat, a feat that no enemy has yet to need to be defeated so far. (More on this below, for the sake of order)

-Oars Jr teared his way all through the marine forces, getting the closest any of the WB pirates, even Marco, had from reaching Ace. And that was tanking hits from pretty much all of the Shichibukai present there.

-Hajrudin took on freaking 10,000 tons. And that was after being exhausted from fighting in the coliseu, decked by Luffy, being turned into a toy, and running around dressrosa.

All of those required (at the time of writing the story. I am sure most if not all of the current SH could solo Oars [no moria] now) absurd power level conditions to be beaten: DF users, Admirals, Another Giants, Plot convinence, being exhausted, etc.

We still have not seen ANYTHING close to the Giants full potential.

(On the "required all SH" to beat him thing on Oars, I am trying to say is that while Luffy and the others right now could beat most of pre-time skip by themselfes, Oars was a situation that required all of their manpower at the time, which is still a lot. Sure, other characters that prob won´t need all the SH grouping, like say Luffy vs Akainu/Teach are LEAGUES above Oars, but they still don´t need the full might of the SH to bring them down. Dunno if I sound too confusing with this argument)
 
Top