Discussion Long Distance Tier Debate

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok usually when there is battle debates the characters are within close proximity of each
other. But what about long distance fights? Basically ones that rely on real hunting skill.
Who is the ultimate hunter?

(I actually made this for a Narutoverse battles but I think it can work here too)

RULES:

It's one on one fights. Character X vs Character Y

Each character starts off 10 miles away from each other.

Each character gets a day of prep. However they can't use
that day of prep to search for their opponent. They can
however fortified themselves from enemy attack.

Each character doesn't know where there opponent is
but when the fight starts they can look for them.

Each character does not know their opponents abilities.
However they do know they are fighting their opponent.
They know who their opponent is. But that's about it.

Each character is allowed one conventional weapon and limited ammo.
Basically if they have a gun then they get a single clip.

Location is a forest that is 50 miles in radius.
There are no animals in the forest for some strange reason.
Just to clarify SUMMONS are allowed.
Neither character is familiar with the forest.

Weather is sunny for 5 minutes and rainy the next 5 minutes. Repeat.

Time of day is Midnight.

If there's anything else I should add just tell me.

Note: Filler characters and/or game characters get whatever power they had in that filler/game.

Canon characters only get canon powers.

Nen is of course allowed. Not sure any specific rules there.

First Fight:

Kalluto vs Ponzu

Who's the better hunter

Remember to not just take battle and nen into consideration but tracking skills as well.
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I was about to say "Meruem" :dancin
Then I saw Kaluto vs Ponzu and got like :disappoint
No idea who would win between the two. Though I bet Kaluto could find a way to torture Ponzu without activating her secret.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Okay now this is a tough one. Does anyone know the distance Ponzu's bees can travel? I presume they can travel fairly long distances as she tried using them to send a tiny letter in the Chimera Ants arc. Kalluto seems more of a support role than an offensive, which leads me to believe that Ponzu may have the upper hand. That is until you take into account Kalluto's ability. Kalluto would see Ponzu's bees coming. But pertaining Kalluto does not understand the level of danger of these bees and how exactly Ponzu controls them, Ponzu could win.

This is a tough one but I'm gonna give it to Ponzu. Kalluto just seems to be the weakest of the Zoldycks in my eyes and Ponzu's ability is well suited to this style of battle. I thing Kalluto would have trouble dealing with a large quantity of bees and has not shown any hint of long distance attacks. So the winner would be Ponzu.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ah so you want a Meryem fight.


Ok...

Poisoned Meryem with about a minute left to live vs

ALL 3 Royal Guards.

(Yeah it says one on one but hey I made up the rules. I can adjust them however I wish)
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Meryem wins. lol
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Okay, Meryem showed no signs of any loss of power during his poisoned state. I strongly believe he could take all 3 royal guards in less than 30 seconds.
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Or the royals just surrender their bodies to him and he turns god.
What about another choice of fighters? This time, it could be between Franklin and Razor.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Okay, Meryem showed no signs of any loss of power during his poisoned state. I strongly believe he could take all 3 royal guards in less than 30 seconds.
How far is his En? Because remember they are 10 miles away from each other in a forest with a 50 mile radius. Also in case it needs to be explained they don't know they are 10 miles
within range of each other. They just know someone else is in the forest.

It's not really a combat question but whether or not Mereyem can find them all
before he dies.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Or the royals just surrender their bodies to him and he turns god.
What about another choice of fighters? This time, it could be between Franklin and Razor.
Hm interesting choice.

Now Razor's weapon would probably be a dodegeball...But I see no reason why he couldn't apply the same concept to say...a rock.

Not sure who the better tracker is though. And they both seem to have good range. Razor seems to be a better evader though.

I say Razor wins.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
How far is his En? Because remember they are 10 miles away from each other in a forest with a 50 mile radius. Also in case it needs to be explained they don't know they are 10 miles
within range of each other. They just know someone else is in the forest.

It's not really a combat question but whether or not Mereyem can find them all
before he dies.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------



Hm interesting choice.

Now Razor's weapon would probably be a dodegeball...But I see no reason why he couldn't apply the same concept to say...a rock.

Not sure who the better tracker is though. And they both seem to have good range. Razor seems to be a better evader though.

I say Razor wins.
I gotta agree, I think Razor is much quicker than Franklin as well and his strength seems to be much more than Franklins. Also I always felt that Franklin was kinda stupid. I don't know why lol.

How about this one, Hisoka vs Illumi in long distance battle?
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Illumi. If Hisoka has no proper place to put his gum in order to accelerate his movement when the encounter starts, he has no range at all. In this condition, Illumi's needles have the upper hand.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does anyone know how far Meryem's en is?

Is it anywhere near 10 miles?

If not then I think Meryem dies from the poison. and the at least 1 of the 3 guards survive.

Why?

Finding Pitou and Youpi is simple enough. But how about Pouf who can split apart?

Though I wonder if the whole mind reading might come into play here?

Anywho I'm not saying for a second the royal guards are stronger than Meryem.
I had to poison the ant king to give them any remote strand of a chance.

as for Hisoka vs Illumi

Could Deceitful Texture come into play somehow?

like Hisoka could make foot prints that lead Illumi into an ambush?
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What about Franklin seems stupid, or slower then Razor? He seems to be one of the more level headed spiders, very brutish at times but not on the level of hotheadedness that is Uvogin or Nobunaga. This is hard to judge since we've really never seen him in anything close to a real fight. But purely judging based off their abilities I think Razors seems a lot trickier, so I'd give it to him. Franklin's hatsu seems strickly used for combat and crowd control, I really have no idea what he'd do in any other combat situation (long or close range)
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How about this one

Zepile vs Tonpa

Weapon of choice for each

Zepile: Benz Knife

Tonpa: Poison berries (He has about a handful in a bag he carries)
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have no clue what Zepile is capable of, so as much as I wanna give it to my man. I'll go with Tonpa. He's surived 35 Hunter exams I know he has some tricks up his sleeve. Now if there was an action going on around them perhaps Zepile can haggle and buy more weapons to defend himself. ;P
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have no clue what Zepile is capable of, so as much as I wanna give it to my man. I'll go with Tonpa. He's surived 35 Hunter exams I know he has some tricks up his sleeve. Now if there was an action going on around them perhaps Zepile can haggle and buy more weapons to defend himself. ;P
Yeah, I say Tonpa. The Hunter Exams would have given an advantage in he probably knows more about living in the wild than Zepile does.

Tonpa probably could make a make shift poison weapon.

Though I think it's a matter of whoever finds who first. Which would probably be Tonpa due to his experience.
Though Zepile might be good at tracking since he has a good eye for detail. Zepile would have the weapons advantage with the benz knife.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Next fight

Amori Brothers vs Majitani
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Amori Brothers, definitely. Majitani was just a loser, the Brothers were implied to be (relatively) skillful, or have at least been described as such by Tonpa. Killua was just on a entirely different level.
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Amori Brothers, definitely. Majitani was just a loser, the Brothers were implied to be (relatively) skillful, or have at least been described as such by Tonpa. Killua was just on a entirely different level.
Alright next...

Zushi vs Geretta

or

Wing vs Canary
 
Top