Discussion Long Distance Tier Debate

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I sort of realized that after I said it too Host, but elaborate. How do you think it might go down? I think Morel has one of the best long distance hatsu in the series. And if somehow Morel could get first strike I think he might stand an ounce of a chance. Maybe saying Silva would have been slightly more fair :p. I wanted to make a match up of two characters who we know a fair amount about of their Hatsu, but it still seems like a mismatch.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I also agree on Zeno taking this one easily.

Let's see... Kurapika VS Hisoka. Hisoka counts as a Ryodan for the purposes of this fight.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This isn't even a fair fight. Zeno takes this one hands down, even though Morel is a good tactician. But against an experiecend Zoldyck, who is also versatile with his abilities plus his assasination skills. I'd favor Zeno all the way.
While I do think Zeno would win I think it would be an EXCELLENT battle to watch.

Which Zoldyck do you think Morel could beat?

I say either Illumi or Silva. I think the Zoldycks get stronger the older they are.

Maha is likely a beast amongst beasts.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
While I do think Zeno would win I think it would be an EXCELLENT battle to watch.

Which Zoldyck do you think Morel could beat?

I say either Illumi or Silva. I think the Zoldycks get stronger the older they are.

Maha is likely a beast amongst beasts.
Not necessarily, the great great grandfather is implied to have been stronger when he was younger.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kurapika takes Hisoka. Hisoka likes to play around, and if he didn't know his ability he wouldn't watch out for it.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not necessarily, the great great grandfather is implied to have been stronger when he was younger.

I think he's STILL strong.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Okay I'll rapid fire a few, lemme know how you think one of these fights might turn out:

Bodoro vs Gozu (spear hunter examinee hisoka killed)

Flutter vs Ikalgo

Bloster vs Franklin

Machi vs Biscuit

Shizuku vs Cheetu

Colt (koruto) vs Gorain (Goreinu)

More: Gon, Killua, Meloreon, Kurapika, Ikalgo, Basho, Squala, Leorio Shoot and Knuckle vs all 10 Shadowbeasts :p

Knife wielding Assassin (Indoor fish fodder from Yorknew) vs Tsezguerra
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bodoro vs Gozu (spear hunter examinee hisoka killed)
In close quarters combat. I think I would go with Bodoro, but I think Gozu could fend him off at a distance with his spear. So my pick would be Gozu

Flutter vs Ikalgo
I think Ikalgo would win.

Bloster vs Franklin
Franklin.

Machi vs Biscuit
Biscuit.

Shizuku vs Cheetu
I believe Cheetu takes this easily due to his insane speed.

Colt (koruto) vs Gorain (Goreinu)
Note sure on this one, but I'll go with Colt.

More: Gon, Killua, Meloreon, Kurapika, Ikalgo, Basho, Squala, Leorio Shoot and Knuckle vs all 10 Shadowbeasts :p
Killua alone would fodderize the Shadow Beasts. Godspeed son.

Knife wielding Assassin (Indoor fish fodder from Yorknew) vs Tsezguerra
Battle of the fodder? ummm. I think I'm going to pick Tsezguerra. Knife guy had almost no screen time lol.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Heheh, basically the right answers to me too. Godspeed would probably destroy MOST human average level nen users. But I wonder whether or not he could kill ALL the shadow beasts himself. IDK, they are still somewhat of a mystery. But In the end i'd at the very least give it to Gon and Killua's team.

I was thinking Machi might stand a chance against biscuit only because her threads seem like they'd be effective from a distance. Set up trip wires, try to choke her. Though Biscuit is freaking experienced as hell! She'd probably win at least at close range with great ease. Still It came to my mind and I was thinking I'd be neat to see Machi just in general in a real fight for her life, show off what sort of crazy traps the threads could set up. So far we've mostly only seen the Phantom troupe vs fodder characters.

In hindsight, Bloster would probably be trashed by a more experienced Emission user with essentially the same ability. The non Royal Guard Chimera ants just don't seem that tough.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How about Gido, Rielhlvelt and Sadaso

vs

The Amori Brothers...all armed with submachine guns.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Brothers always fight together and are good at tracking, but the 3 gimps are also determined sneaky guys themselves. Hmmm quite the match up! Still I think the gimps would come out on top because lol Nen. There ability to sense the Amori brothers and endure their attacks is probably to their advantage. Not only that they could use the Amori brothers inability to see Nen to their advantage. Gido is probably the most impressive of the 3 to me, though Reihlvelt's electric whips seem kinda scary to me too. Even Gon didn't want to approach them. I think if the Amori brothers just knew how to master Ten and Ren, they could probably make this a much more interesting match up.
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Bodoro vs Gozu
I think Gozu. He looks a bit younger and stronger than Bodoro.

Flutter vs Ikalgo
Ikarugo. Flutter is only good at surveillance.

Bloster vs Franklin
Franklin. Because Franklin seems to also have some amount of brains besides brawl, while Bloster not. And I'm pretty sure, Franklin is faster and a lot more experienced, so dodging is an option.

Machi vs Biscuit
Ah, what an intersting one. I'd love to see this one. If Biscuit can land a punch, Machi is probably finished. But Machi is probably faster and her nen threads, while not exactly combat-oriented weapon, can very well shred her opponent's body if not carefully avoided... But I'll go with Biscuit as experience is on her side as well as the element of surprise when she switches to her true form.

Shizuku vs Cheetu
It'll be tough for Shizuku... Cheetu is superior in speed, clearly, but stupid, sucks at tactics and plays instead of fighting, while Shizuku, even if she's a ditz most of the time, demonstrated she can think and knows how to fight. So Shizuku in the end.

Colt vs Gorain
Goreinu. Colt seems weak, to be honest, and Goreinu, while clearly nowhere near the beast tier, has an effective ability that can even work against opponents a lot stronger than him (although probably they fall for his trick only once...), and it allows him to outclass weak opponents.

Gon, Killua, Meloreon, Kurapika, Ikalgo, Basho, Squala, Leorio Shoot and Knuckle vs all 10 Shadowbeasts
Although we saw the abilities of only half of Injuu, I think they're more likely to win. They weren't guardian dogs for mafia bosses for nothing, it's just Genei Ryodan even without Kuroro are slightly more than majority of even well-trained nen-users can handle...

Knife wielding Assassin vs Tsezguerra
Tsezuguerra. That assassin was able to see Kuroro's strike, sure, but seeing is not the same as possessing necessary reactions to do something about it. It does seem that the assassin didn't give Kuroro even the slightest of trouble, Danchou simply pinned him to the wall like a butterfly and let out his nen fish to finish the boring business for him. Well, sure, Kuroro is a beast who far far outclasses that nameless assassin (and Tsezuguerra), but still, it shows that the guy was nothing special. Tsezuguerra is a one star hunter (this has to count for something), cautious and rational, while he's not among the strongest, I'm sure he's not among the weakest either. He didn't fight Gensuru, but it's likely because Gensuru had a tricky ability.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Heh, thanks for guessing for all the fights I suggested. :)

When Long distance was mentioned I just had it in my head to propose Machi vs someone out of her league. I have this feeling her ability would be really advantageous to setting traps, I know greater distance weakens the strength of the thread. But imagine she hides using zetsu Gon style and lays a bunch of threads near herself to spring on a victim hunting her. I'd still give this to Biscuit since with her experience she might be able to sense even Machi's threads and get the first hit. And like you said if Biscuit gets a hit in her true form I think its lights out for really anyone weaker then say Uvogin or Phinx.

With Killua and the gang vs the Shadow beasts, should we assume Godspeed could allow killua the first strike against even the likes of Hisoka now? I am really curious to see Killua and Gon in battle against higher level Nen using Humans who just aren't as durable as the Ants. Still, we could believe the Shadowbeasts bodies are really tough too like Killua perhaps? In terms of overall skill, I don't think thats impossible since they were meant to represent top of the line bodyguards. Uvogin was just that much tougher then them, and even then he almost died!

Okay here are a few others:
I like the idea of group battles, both groups could come up with strategies and roles for their group (observation, front lines and back up or offense and defense)
Nobunaga Machi and Uvo against Morel, Knuckle and Shoot

Pokkle and Kastro vs Basho and Tochino (Neon's mafia bodyguards)

Porcupine Wolf and Owl (Shadowbeasts) vs Bat Owl (ants) and Welfin

Yupi Palm and Squala vs Pitou Shalnark and Melody (assuming both parties formed a well functioning team)


Gon and Killua vs Knucle and Shoot (for real this time post NGL arc (no macho gon obviously and shoot is in top mental condition))
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Moderator Notice:
I'll close this thread, but for a reason. You'll see the why soon, don't worry.~ Uriel
 
Top