Discussion - Long-Term Predictions [Beware Spoilers] | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Long-Term Predictions [Beware Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

0FR

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Now that D.Gray-man is on a longish break, I thought it'd be fun if we started a couple of new discussions to wile away the time. Even though we have predictions discussions after each chapter, I'm interested to know what everyone thinks will happen more distantly in the series. Think someone's marked for death? Think Lenalee's dream will come true? Think the Earl will reveal that he is secretly blown up with helium? Think Krory and Miranda are totally gonna make out? Post your theories here.

This is the thread introductory post, but I'll post my predictions below to start us off.

And as a postscript, I'd like to add that this thread will likely have lots of **SPOILERS**, as it's hard to talk about what's going to happen without alluding to what has happened before. So don't worry about tagging your spoilers; it'll get tedious after a while. We'll just have this one huge colorful warning in the first post so readers will know what to expect here. Mods, if this is against policy, I guess do your modding thing or whatever.

Ok, here goes:

I think it's pretty clear that Allen and the Earl are being set up for a grand confrontation in the end, with their yin-yang weapons and all. Before that, though, I think the Black Order is going to have to do some recruiting. They've lost numbers, and are too shorthanded right now for an apocalyptic battle. Allen may help with this, as Hebraska and Komui have intimated that he has the ability to become a general. If that's the case, after the current arc, he will probably have to take some time to get trained up for that. I think the Earl's forces and the Order will both need time to regroup soon. We may even be coming up on a small timeskip, and I think we can expect to see a few more new characters.

As for character backstory, I think we'll find out something important about Mana. He's too much of an enigma, and he's brought up too often for there to be nothing else to him. Some people have said that he might have been the 'traitor Noah' the Earl mentions; I think that's possible, and would elegantly explain how Cross found Allen right after Mana's death. Don't know how strongly I really believe that, though.

I think the person that Kanda is looking for was a teacher or mentor of his before he was acquired by the Order. (It would be too Sasuke-like for them to be a family member.) The fact that his weapon is a katana makes me think that he was somehow a part of samurai culture before meeting Tiedoll; maybe he came from a family of warriors, or was training under/serving older fighters. However, the nenju he wears, the lotus, and the omkar mark on his breast all suggest something Buddhist about him, but that could still just be reinforcing his samurai-ness. We don't know how old he was when he joined the Order, we only know that he got there before Lavi, and so he must've been decently young.

Aaaand, I think Allen's Innocence is the 'heart'. After all, it is literally a part of his heart now. But I think that the 'exceptions' that Bookman spoke of, like Lenalee, will keep appearing. Innocence shards will keep saving their conformers.

Eh, maybe I'll post more later, but that's all I can think of now.

Last edited:

hweein

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Please register to see the content of this post.

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Last edited:

0FR

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Cyrus Drake

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

luna_wolf

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
England

Punky fish

Reaction score
Country
Finland

luna_wolf

Reaction score
Country
England

Punky fish

Reaction score
Country
Finland

Last edited:

sexybeast95

Reaction score
Country
United States

kat_at_heart

Reaction score
Country
England

Last edited:

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Fallen.

Reaction score
Country
United States

Status
Not open for further replies.