Lost in translation: Number 513

boyakist4649

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
283
Reaction score
2,989
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Looks like a lot of interpretation, rather than translation this week. There's a lot of text during the first half which may have been problematic... No big differences here, I changed some subtleties as usual... My translations in bold, and comments in italics. If it's not mentioned here, I felt that the text was sufficiently translated without mixing messages. You can always post specific questions, and I will be happy to clarify.

p1

Tsuchikage: We're at the ocean ...time to take off.
Tsuchikage: It's the ocean from here on out... we'll need to fly.
Slight differences... I think the Japanese text was more detailed.

Kurotsuchi: Don't be so excited, Akatsuchi! We might be off to war!
Kurotsuchi: Don't get excited Akatsuchi! We might be going into battle, you know...!
The tone of her words imply that she too is trying to keep her emotions in check. Kurotsuchi, too seems excited about the notion of flying into the air...

Kurotsuchi: Stop having fun, you're acting like a kid!
Kurotsuchi: [Man, that looks fun... stupid Akatsuchi, now I'M excited...]
Kurotsuchi: (I said) don't get excited! You're like a kid, it's embarassing!
Kurotuchi: [...crap!...it looks like so much fun! ...but I can't get all excited TOO.... damn it Akatsuchi...]
Again, Kurotsuchi is trying to keep her emotions in check and keeping her 'cool'

Kabuto: Finally awake, are you...
Kabuto: Looks like you're finally waking up...
Kabuto's words have always been polite and gentle... almost never has been harsh-sounding.

p3
Kabuto: This is a slightly different talisman than the kind Orochimaru-sama used.
Kabuto: I'm using a slightly different tag than Orochimaru-sama...
Not much of a difference - Although it is noteworthy that Kabuto still refers to Orochimaru with ~sama suffix. A sign of respect, a habit - or is it to deceive Deidara?

Kabuto: I won't completely bind you to my will... Deidara.
Kabuto: I won't completely restrict you, Deidara.
Never mentions 'bind you to my will' - another bit of added text.


Deidara: Yeah, well... it takes a certain kind of person to understand my artistic ninjutsu... mmm...
Deidara: I guess so... It's not easy for someone to fully understand (appreciate) my Artisic Ninjutsu... mmm...
Deidara does not say that only a 'certain' kind of person would understand - rather he says that his artwork is too 'complex' for a lay-person to appreciate. Deidara's not aiming to appreciate these 'certain' individuals, rather he implies that the rest of the world will appreciate it, they just need to catch up.

Deidara: I completed my masterwork...
Deidara: I completed my ultimate masterpiece...
Masterpiece was used to describe a piece of artwork - rather than masterwork.

Kabuto: You know, that's not really how people regard your final explosion...
Kabuto: Yes, by the way - that last explosion of yours... it wasn't really talked about much
Kabuto is being sarcastic in his own subtle way, and it didn't come out in the English trans.

Deidara: I told you, it takes a certain kind of person to understand my art! It's just... a matter of time...! mmmm...
Deidara: I told you! It's (Art) not something that's easily understood!! Those things take...!! Take time..!! mmm...
Same as above - although the meaning does not change, no reference to 'certain' people that understand Art.

Naruto: I said line up single file!!
Naruto: I said line up properly!!
No mention of single file... translation added text.

p4
Bee: I win again, you can't beat me man!
Bee: I win again - jyanken (paper, scissors and rocks)
I'll win again you know - jyan jyan (lots and lots - uncommonly used 'sound' as slang describing a "lot of a successive quantity" for lack of a better description.)


Yamato: He'll run straight for the battlefield.
Yamato: He won't stay quiet, and he'll try to run straight for the battlefield.
Yamato's decription describes Naruto's personality in greater detail. Shows that he has a good understanding of Naruto.

Yamato: We have to keep him in the dark... because we're fighting this war to protect him.
Yamata: ...we must avoid that... (refering to Naruto joining the battlefield). This war is about protecting Naruto.

p5
Kabuto: what a weak punch...
Kabuto: that was a light punch...
Not weak - Kabuto knows that the punch was purposefully light.

Kabuto: How do you like that, being ambushed by the Tsuchikage himself.
Kabuto: (How do you like that), the ambush being done by the Tsuchikage himself.
Kabuto is surprised that the ambush was done by Tsuchikage. He hints that he expected an ambush.

Tsuchikage: Normally I'd feel you out first. but I didn't feel much... you're a clone, aren't ya?
Tsuchikage: ...Just feeling you out at first, but this lack of resistance (to the punch), you must be a clone!
The punch Tsuchikage threw was intentially light, because he was feeling him out.

Tsuchikage: [So he wasn't Madara]
Tsuchikage: [So it wasn't Madara after all.]
This text suggested that Tsuchikage had a feeling that Madara was not the only one participating in this battle, he had other allies.

p7
Bee: This armadillo's always been shy, it won't show it's junk so don't even try!
Bee: This guy's always been a shy, Arumajiro (armadillo)
Checking its gender, Arumajiki (are you serious? - loose translation)


Bee: It doesn't matter either way
Let's call it a female and call it a day
Bee: Either way, Kamawanai (don't care)
Just report it as female, Kamashiteoke (and just go with it - loose translation)


p8
Naruto: But but but! it's got "male" written all over it's shell!
Naruto: But, But! it's written very clearly "male" right on its back.
the character "男" appears on its back

Bee: That's just a natural shell pattern.
Bee: That's just a natural pattern
As with Naruto's statement, no mention of the shell.

Naruto: Come on dude, just ask it for me.
Naruto: Could you ask it... you're the boss here (on this island), right?

Bee: Male or female ...some people dunno, ya now, yo?
It's not like knowing what's the ground and what's the sky motha-fucka!
Bee: Male and female... even if something happens to flip their gender, yo
It's not as if the heavens and earth flip, bakayarou, konoyarou


p10
Kurotsuchi: Deidara! I thought you died in a huge explosion, how are you still alive?
Kurotsuchi: Deidara-nii! You were supposed to have blown up, but how are you still alive?
Deidara-nii, as she calls him, means that she respects/respected Deidara like an older brother. Likely not related by blood though.

Tsuchikage: Maybe it looks like he's been revived by Orochimaru or some kind of clay-reanimation. but that's not the real Deidara!
Tsuchikage: After Orochimaru's jutsu, called something like "Edo Tensei," it looks as if Deidara is alive, but that's not really him.
Tsuchikage clearly knows about Orochimaru's Edo Tensei.

Deidara: And you're next, you art-hating sack of wrinkles!
Deidara: And since you've always mocked my art, you're next old man! mmm!
Translation leaves out a bit of history that is apparent between them.

Tsuchikage: Deidara has no idea what's going on... enough! I'll capture the both of you!
Tsuchikage: [It looks like Deidara knows nothing of what's going on...]
Enough! I'll capture the both of you!!

Brackets are a thought bubble.

p15
Bee: The land and the sky actually switched places, motha-fucka!
Bee: The Heavens and Earth really DID flip over, bakayarou, konoyarou!
 
Last edited:

Biassed

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2010
Messages
64
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

boyakist4649

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
283
Reaction score
2,989
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

ryzvonusef

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
100
Reaction score
368
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

boyakist4649

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
283
Reaction score
2,989
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Thabor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
1,264
Reaction score
1,139
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

ryzvonusef

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
100
Reaction score
368
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Top