- Joined
- Jan 5, 2006
- Messages
- 283
- Reaction score
- 2,989
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
My iterations in bold again, comments in italics. Some noteworthy items 'lost in translation' but pretty good for the most part. As always, I will be happy to help in any individual questions ^^
p3
Shinobi: Yeah, I never would've expected Tsuchikage-sama to be so ridiculous.
Shinobi: Yeah... I didn't think Tsuchikage-sama was THIS ridiculous...
There is an implication here that Tsuchikage was already known to be a little ridiculous (or over the top).
Shinobi: He's actually CARRYING the entire turtle island!
Shinobi: He's actually moving the turtle island by lifting the entire thing up!
No differences in meaning here, but the latter translation clarifies that this 'ridiculous' action is with purpose - to move the island - not just to carry it.
Kurotsuchi: How dumb ARE you Akatsuchi? THe giant snake would just track us down again!
Kurotsuchi: Don't speak with such stupidity, Akatsuchi. That giant snake would just detect us again!
Subtle difference here - Kurotsuchi refers to Akatsuchi's statement as being foolish, not Akatsuchi himself.
p5
Naruto: He might be trapped under a bunch of debris or something...
Naruto: He better not be trapped under a boulder or something because of that earthquake...
Naruto does appear to whole-heartedly believe that this was an earthquake...
Aoba: He's just investigating something, nothing you need to worry about.
Aoba: (we're) looking into it in more detail, so you don't worry about it.
No mention of Yamato doing anything, Aoba is saying that they are investigating the matter in further detail, therefore not flat-out lying to Naruto's face (although we can't say the same thing about the whole earthquake thing
p6
Aburame shinobi: Look down Tokuma! 4 o'clock! A byakugan of your caliber should be able to see everything!
Aburame shinobi: Look down Tokuma! 4 o'clock! Your Byakugan is the best of the Hyuuga, so you should be able to capture this (to confirm the living entities).
Important bit of information here - Kishimoto kindly tells us that Hyuuga Tokuma has the best Byakugan of the Hyuuga clan.
p7
Bee: NAruto's angry, never meek. But sometime's it can make ya weak! You ain't got full control of your beast's chakra, so it's time for more of my training to rock ya!
Bee: (by) panicking Naruto, you're wasting your time. You haven't mastered the control of the Bijyuu chakra, so that's why I'll guide your training.
Sorry, the rhymes are such a stretch, I decided to go with a straight translation.
p8
Bee: use the chakra to grab on tight
Bee: catch it with your Bijyuu chakra
Bee: Stack up the blocks, and use watcha got
Bee: Stack up the blocks, and balance it with the Bijyuu chakra and yours (chakra).
Bee: to get the balance just right.
Bee: (you) give it a shot.
A bit of freelance interpretation here by the translators...
Naruto: I'll do the same with the Nine-tails' chakra!
Naruto: Do it with the nine-tails' chakra, right?
p9
Aoba: He obliterated that stone... is holding it actually more difficult?
Aoba: He obliterated the stone... is simply holding it (the stone) so difficult?
I hope I clarified the meaning here.
p11
Kabuto: But I'd prefer not to kill him. As I'd like to make the Zetsus even stronger.
Kabuto: However, I'd like for you NOT to kill him. That is if you want the Zetsus to be even stronger.
Kabuto once again has a polite way of threatening.
Madara: I could use the Rinnegan's human path ability to learn everything he knows in an instant... but it would kill him.
Madara: If I use the Rinnegan's Ningen-dou (human path) Jutsu, I can easily extract information... but he'll die (in the process).
Slight differences in translation: the information is easily extracted, not learned in an instant.
Madara: and you're saying leaving him alive would help you strengthen Zetsu?
Madara: and you're saying that keeping him alive is better for strengthening Zetsu?
Another subtle difference. It's already assumed that Yamato will strengthen Zetsu, but somehow Kabuto has convinced Madara that he can better strengthen Zetsu if Yamato is still alive.
Kabuto: It's a special drug I invented to nullify Hashirama's powers.
Kabuto: It's a drug that I created to control Hashirama's powers.
Key concept that may have been missed here: the drug controls, not nullifies Hashirama's powers. Kishimoto cleverly leaves the window open for Kabuto to back-stab Madara.
p13
Shikaku: According to the Advance recon squad...
Shikaku: According to the Infiltration recon squad...
The term infiltration is used here... likely talking about Tokuma and company.
p14
First panel: keep in mind that Tsuchikage is saying "Well, well..." Although Gaara is pictured.
p15
Cee: Hoo... it's really war
Cee: (sigh)... war, huh...
p16
Kakashi: Gaara-kun. Being our commander general, I think you should try to relax and say a few words.
Kakashi: Well, Gaara-kun, You're the Commander General of this Alliance. Could you say a few words when they settle down?
There seems to be a slight misunderstanding in the subtleties. Gaara is not nervous. Kakashi tells him to say a word or two when the Alliance army settles down.
Chouji's dad mentions the "sluggish-looking" guy. The term for 'sluggish' in Japanese is Darui.
To clarify the organization of the Alliance army:
奇襲部隊 隊長 カンクロウ
Ambush Unit - Captain: Kankurou
後方支援医療部隊 隊長 ジスネ
Backup Medical Assistance Unit - Captain: Shizune
情報部隊 隊長 山中いのいち
Intelligence Unit - Captain: Yamanaka Inoichi
感知部隊 隊長 青
Sensory Unit - Captain: Ao
戦闘大連隊 連隊長 我愛羅
Attack Regimen - Regimen Captain: Gaara
第一部隊・戦闘中距離部隊 隊長 ダルイ
First Unit (Mid-range Attack Unit) - Captain: Darui
第二部隊・戦闘近距離部隊 隊長 黄ツチ
Second Unit (Close-range Attack Unit) - Captain: Kitsuchi (means yellow-soil)
第三部隊・戦闘近中距離部隊 隊長 はたけカカシ
Third Unit (Close-mid range Attack Unit) - Captain: Hatake Kakashi
第四部隊・戦闘遠距離部隊 隊長 我愛羅
Fourth Unit (Long-range Attack Unit) - Captain: Gaara
第五部隊・戦闘特別部隊 隊長 ミフネ
Fifth Unit (Special Attack Unit) - Captain: Mifune
Map:
p3
Shinobi: Yeah, I never would've expected Tsuchikage-sama to be so ridiculous.
Shinobi: Yeah... I didn't think Tsuchikage-sama was THIS ridiculous...
There is an implication here that Tsuchikage was already known to be a little ridiculous (or over the top).
Shinobi: He's actually CARRYING the entire turtle island!
Shinobi: He's actually moving the turtle island by lifting the entire thing up!
No differences in meaning here, but the latter translation clarifies that this 'ridiculous' action is with purpose - to move the island - not just to carry it.
Kurotsuchi: How dumb ARE you Akatsuchi? THe giant snake would just track us down again!
Kurotsuchi: Don't speak with such stupidity, Akatsuchi. That giant snake would just detect us again!
Subtle difference here - Kurotsuchi refers to Akatsuchi's statement as being foolish, not Akatsuchi himself.
p5
Naruto: He might be trapped under a bunch of debris or something...
Naruto: He better not be trapped under a boulder or something because of that earthquake...
Naruto does appear to whole-heartedly believe that this was an earthquake...
Aoba: He's just investigating something, nothing you need to worry about.
Aoba: (we're) looking into it in more detail, so you don't worry about it.
No mention of Yamato doing anything, Aoba is saying that they are investigating the matter in further detail, therefore not flat-out lying to Naruto's face (although we can't say the same thing about the whole earthquake thing
p6
Aburame shinobi: Look down Tokuma! 4 o'clock! A byakugan of your caliber should be able to see everything!
Aburame shinobi: Look down Tokuma! 4 o'clock! Your Byakugan is the best of the Hyuuga, so you should be able to capture this (to confirm the living entities).
Important bit of information here - Kishimoto kindly tells us that Hyuuga Tokuma has the best Byakugan of the Hyuuga clan.
p7
Bee: NAruto's angry, never meek. But sometime's it can make ya weak! You ain't got full control of your beast's chakra, so it's time for more of my training to rock ya!
Bee: (by) panicking Naruto, you're wasting your time. You haven't mastered the control of the Bijyuu chakra, so that's why I'll guide your training.
Sorry, the rhymes are such a stretch, I decided to go with a straight translation.
p8
Bee: use the chakra to grab on tight
Bee: catch it with your Bijyuu chakra
Bee: Stack up the blocks, and use watcha got
Bee: Stack up the blocks, and balance it with the Bijyuu chakra and yours (chakra).
Bee: to get the balance just right.
Bee: (you) give it a shot.
A bit of freelance interpretation here by the translators...
Naruto: I'll do the same with the Nine-tails' chakra!
Naruto: Do it with the nine-tails' chakra, right?
p9
Aoba: He obliterated that stone... is holding it actually more difficult?
Aoba: He obliterated the stone... is simply holding it (the stone) so difficult?
I hope I clarified the meaning here.
p11
Kabuto: But I'd prefer not to kill him. As I'd like to make the Zetsus even stronger.
Kabuto: However, I'd like for you NOT to kill him. That is if you want the Zetsus to be even stronger.
Kabuto once again has a polite way of threatening.
Madara: I could use the Rinnegan's human path ability to learn everything he knows in an instant... but it would kill him.
Madara: If I use the Rinnegan's Ningen-dou (human path) Jutsu, I can easily extract information... but he'll die (in the process).
Slight differences in translation: the information is easily extracted, not learned in an instant.
Madara: and you're saying leaving him alive would help you strengthen Zetsu?
Madara: and you're saying that keeping him alive is better for strengthening Zetsu?
Another subtle difference. It's already assumed that Yamato will strengthen Zetsu, but somehow Kabuto has convinced Madara that he can better strengthen Zetsu if Yamato is still alive.
Kabuto: It's a special drug I invented to nullify Hashirama's powers.
Kabuto: It's a drug that I created to control Hashirama's powers.
Key concept that may have been missed here: the drug controls, not nullifies Hashirama's powers. Kishimoto cleverly leaves the window open for Kabuto to back-stab Madara.
p13
Shikaku: According to the Advance recon squad...
Shikaku: According to the Infiltration recon squad...
The term infiltration is used here... likely talking about Tokuma and company.
p14
First panel: keep in mind that Tsuchikage is saying "Well, well..." Although Gaara is pictured.
p15
Cee: Hoo... it's really war
Cee: (sigh)... war, huh...
p16
Kakashi: Gaara-kun. Being our commander general, I think you should try to relax and say a few words.
Kakashi: Well, Gaara-kun, You're the Commander General of this Alliance. Could you say a few words when they settle down?
There seems to be a slight misunderstanding in the subtleties. Gaara is not nervous. Kakashi tells him to say a word or two when the Alliance army settles down.
Chouji's dad mentions the "sluggish-looking" guy. The term for 'sluggish' in Japanese is Darui.
To clarify the organization of the Alliance army:
奇襲部隊 隊長 カンクロウ
Ambush Unit - Captain: Kankurou
後方支援医療部隊 隊長 ジスネ
Backup Medical Assistance Unit - Captain: Shizune
情報部隊 隊長 山中いのいち
Intelligence Unit - Captain: Yamanaka Inoichi
感知部隊 隊長 青
Sensory Unit - Captain: Ao
戦闘大連隊 連隊長 我愛羅
Attack Regimen - Regimen Captain: Gaara
第一部隊・戦闘中距離部隊 隊長 ダルイ
First Unit (Mid-range Attack Unit) - Captain: Darui
第二部隊・戦闘近距離部隊 隊長 黄ツチ
Second Unit (Close-range Attack Unit) - Captain: Kitsuchi (means yellow-soil)
第三部隊・戦闘近中距離部隊 隊長 はたけカカシ
Third Unit (Close-mid range Attack Unit) - Captain: Hatake Kakashi
第四部隊・戦闘遠距離部隊 隊長 我愛羅
Fourth Unit (Long-range Attack Unit) - Captain: Gaara
第五部隊・戦闘特別部隊 隊長 ミフネ
Fifth Unit (Special Attack Unit) - Captain: Mifune
Map:
Attachments
-
19.4 KB Views: 101
Last edited: