- Joined
- Jan 5, 2006
- Messages
- 283
- Reaction score
- 2,989
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
Wow, I love these battle scenes... makes my life easier ^^
I only have the rough LQ raws at the moment, but I thought I would give it a shot. I will edit once I get the HQ raws in hand.
My iterations in bold again, comments in italics. Per usual, I will be happy to help in any individual questions ^^
p1
Deidara: Dodging is useless too, mmm!
Deidara: Not worth dodging it, mmm!
Deidara is saying that dodging the attack is not worth the effort (likely because he regenerates, and maybe he underestimates the attack as well), but not saying that the act of dodging is useless.
p3
Deidara: Tricky Bastard!
Deidara: That was nothing!!
Strange dialog here. Deidara's 'that was nothing' statement refers back to his underestimating the attack...
p4
Ittan: Earth-element tectonic core!
Ittan: Do-ton Chidou-Kaku
Trans is actually spot on.
p5
Sasori: You connected your own threads to mine and dragged me down...
Sasori: You actually tied your own threads onto mine and pulled me in...
Sasori is surprised at this action, as it was unexpected.
He almost sounds like he is praising Kankurou.
Kankurou: I'm honored to be getting praise from the master of the red secret technique...
but I've surpassed you, with my black secret technique
Kankurou: Although I'm honored to be complimented from the master of the Akahigi (red secret technique)
but my Kurohigi (black secret technique) has now surpassed you.
Not a difference in meaning... but Kankurou genuinely shows respect in his tone.
p7
Shinobi: I've heard Deidara's explosive clay is deactivated by lightning element techniques...
Shinobi: I've heard that Deidara's explosive clay is weak against lightning elements...
The shinobi (forgot his name) didn't know specifics... he just knew that Deidara's explosive techniques were weak against lightning elements.
p10
Fat Edo tensei shinobi: Explosion... must back up... crush enemies
Fat Edo tensei shinobi: An explosion... in any case, reinforcements.... crush enemies
Interesting bit... because of the incomplete stuttering speech by this shinobi, the meaning here is (purposefully) unclear. He does mention reinforcements. I am guessing that he himself is not the reinforcement we are talking about here.
p11
Sasori: That would be Sanshouo... I made it a long time ago
Sasori: That's the Defensive Sanshou-uo... I made it a long time ago.
Sanshou-uo is apparently made specifically for defensive measures.
Sai: "the bomb"
Sai: a... bomb...?
Sai is appalled at the fact that they put a bomb in his brother.
p12
Deidara: I can turn him into a bomb again, hahahaha
Deidara: I'll turn him into a bomb again (for you), hahaha
Slight difference, Deidara is actually more annoying that what the original translation would suggest.
Deidara: What, are you drawing? You think you're an artist? Art is something that explodes! Lemmie give you a clear example!
Deidara: What are you doing, drawing as if you are an artist! Explosions are art! Let's give you a big one!
p14
Sai: Brother, I'm drawing a picture for you... it's not done yet, you'll have to wait a little more.
Sai: There's a drawing I want to show you, brother... it's not done yet, so youll have to (wait)...
p15
Deidara: Shit! That does it, I'm suicide bombing these guys!
Deidara: Crap! If that's the case, I should have (already) suicide bombed!
p16
Deidara: Lightning?
Deidara: Raiton? (Lighting-element)
Kankurou: Machine triple shot
Kankurou: Kiki-San patsu
Sai: I see... So eventually I would have had to fight you...
Sai: I knew... that (as long as) we were in "root," I would eventually have to fight you...
Brother: I guess finally getting to see your drawing...
has freed my soul from its binds...
Brother: I finally got to see the drawing I wanted to see...
Your drawing has freed my soul from its binds...
p18
Kankurou: I know this because you put your heart and soul into the puppets you created... that's the part of them that never rots or decays
Kankurou: There is an unwithering soul residing within the puppets that you created, I can feel it.
Kankurou said that the puppets Sasori had created - had a heart and soul of their own, probably because Sasori deeply cared about his works of art.
Kankurou: You were supposed to be a top-class Ninja Puppeteer,
Kankurou: You were a top-class Ninja Puppeteer,
Again, showing respect to Sasori...
I only have the rough LQ raws at the moment, but I thought I would give it a shot. I will edit once I get the HQ raws in hand.
My iterations in bold again, comments in italics. Per usual, I will be happy to help in any individual questions ^^
p1
Deidara: Dodging is useless too, mmm!
Deidara: Not worth dodging it, mmm!
Deidara is saying that dodging the attack is not worth the effort (likely because he regenerates, and maybe he underestimates the attack as well), but not saying that the act of dodging is useless.
p3
Deidara: Tricky Bastard!
Deidara: That was nothing!!
Strange dialog here. Deidara's 'that was nothing' statement refers back to his underestimating the attack...
p4
Ittan: Earth-element tectonic core!
Ittan: Do-ton Chidou-Kaku
Trans is actually spot on.
p5
Sasori: You connected your own threads to mine and dragged me down...
Sasori: You actually tied your own threads onto mine and pulled me in...
Sasori is surprised at this action, as it was unexpected.
He almost sounds like he is praising Kankurou.
Kankurou: I'm honored to be getting praise from the master of the red secret technique...
but I've surpassed you, with my black secret technique
Kankurou: Although I'm honored to be complimented from the master of the Akahigi (red secret technique)
but my Kurohigi (black secret technique) has now surpassed you.
Not a difference in meaning... but Kankurou genuinely shows respect in his tone.
p7
Shinobi: I've heard Deidara's explosive clay is deactivated by lightning element techniques...
Shinobi: I've heard that Deidara's explosive clay is weak against lightning elements...
The shinobi (forgot his name) didn't know specifics... he just knew that Deidara's explosive techniques were weak against lightning elements.
p10
Fat Edo tensei shinobi: Explosion... must back up... crush enemies
Fat Edo tensei shinobi: An explosion... in any case, reinforcements.... crush enemies
Interesting bit... because of the incomplete stuttering speech by this shinobi, the meaning here is (purposefully) unclear. He does mention reinforcements. I am guessing that he himself is not the reinforcement we are talking about here.
p11
Sasori: That would be Sanshouo... I made it a long time ago
Sasori: That's the Defensive Sanshou-uo... I made it a long time ago.
Sanshou-uo is apparently made specifically for defensive measures.
Sai: "the bomb"
Sai: a... bomb...?
Sai is appalled at the fact that they put a bomb in his brother.
p12
Deidara: I can turn him into a bomb again, hahahaha
Deidara: I'll turn him into a bomb again (for you), hahaha
Slight difference, Deidara is actually more annoying that what the original translation would suggest.
Deidara: What, are you drawing? You think you're an artist? Art is something that explodes! Lemmie give you a clear example!
Deidara: What are you doing, drawing as if you are an artist! Explosions are art! Let's give you a big one!
p14
Sai: Brother, I'm drawing a picture for you... it's not done yet, you'll have to wait a little more.
Sai: There's a drawing I want to show you, brother... it's not done yet, so youll have to (wait)...
p15
Deidara: Shit! That does it, I'm suicide bombing these guys!
Deidara: Crap! If that's the case, I should have (already) suicide bombed!
p16
Deidara: Lightning?
Deidara: Raiton? (Lighting-element)
Kankurou: Machine triple shot
Kankurou: Kiki-San patsu
Sai: I see... So eventually I would have had to fight you...
Sai: I knew... that (as long as) we were in "root," I would eventually have to fight you...
Brother: I guess finally getting to see your drawing...
has freed my soul from its binds...
Brother: I finally got to see the drawing I wanted to see...
Your drawing has freed my soul from its binds...
p18
Kankurou: I know this because you put your heart and soul into the puppets you created... that's the part of them that never rots or decays
Kankurou: There is an unwithering soul residing within the puppets that you created, I can feel it.
Kankurou said that the puppets Sasori had created - had a heart and soul of their own, probably because Sasori deeply cared about his works of art.
Kankurou: You were supposed to be a top-class Ninja Puppeteer,
Kankurou: You were a top-class Ninja Puppeteer,
Again, showing respect to Sasori...
Last edited: