Love or hate Blackbeard

Do you like BB

  • Yes I like BB

    Votes: 44 51.8%
  • No I don't like BB

    Votes: 7 8.2%
  • He is an interesting character but I don't like him as a person

    Votes: 31 36.5%
  • I like him as a person but don't think he is an interesting character

    Votes: 3 3.5%

  • Total voters
    85

Immo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
81
Reaction score
51
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
BB is showman. I think it wasnt crying for life, it was rather part of his show.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
i'm pretty sure if we were in the OP world we wouldn't like a lot of characters we love:eyeroll
Nah, I mostly like all the characters that I know I would be friend of. D:
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Nah, I mostly like all the characters that I know I would be friend of. D:
myself for example i like Croc but i know i'd probably despise him if i lived there:notrust
 

RichardMNixon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
908
Reaction score
285
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So there was some discussion in the spoiler thread regarding whether or not Blackbeard should be considered a coward. Someone complained it was off-topic so I figured I'd divert it here. Just remember to keep 577 out of it til the weekend.

In my mind the fact that BB begged for his life in front of WB doesn't make BB a coward, it makes WB a beast.
Crocodile and the admirals/VAs never begged for their lives. When he was blasting Akainu to pieces, Akainu hit him back.

Some of you say that it's obvious that he is a coward. I say It is obvious that getting this far required bravery, staring death in the eye many times as did every pirate who wanted to survive in the race to become the strongest.
He's not brave, he's overconfident. Overconfident and cowardly is an odd combination but then he's an odd fellow.

When Luffy and Roger saw their inevitable deaths coming they laughed: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/99/17/

Blackbeard contrarily begged Whitebeard for his life. He's got the balls but not the spine.
 

Aikidoka

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2008
Messages
758
Reaction score
498
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hate his guts. He is a monster, he is a bastard, he is a douchebag, and he is a coward.

But as a character, I like his concept. I think BB is one of the rarer villains in literature who believe in the same romantic notions of dreams as the hero does, but has those qualities juxtaposed with traditional qualities of villains.
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
BB is the main antagonist its normal if you guys hate him as he is meant to be hated .
 

strawhatsarah

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
75
Reaction score
18
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
United States
BB is the main antagonist its normal if you guys hate him as he is meant to be hated .
Very true. Though I really like where Oda took him, I can't help but fall into the stereotypical "OMG I hate him!" way of thinking. He was made to be thought of that way, but at the same time you can't help but feel for Blackbeard. I dont know about anyone else, but when reading the latest chapter I couldn't help but feel maybe just a tiny bit for him. Even though I hate him, I understand that he would do nearly anything to see his dreams come true. When you think of a pirate, he really does fit the classical sense of one. I am just wondering if we ever see his true heart... for now he just fits the stereotypical villain whom is easy to hate. However, never forget that villains can often be sympathized with, which seems to be the case here with BB.
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I dont know if anyone here watches wrestling entertainment, but BB is the classic Heel. He is the guy that is made to be hated. He has everything he needs to dominate the word!! its also a way to show how much farther the main guy has to change to win the title, in this case the PK title.
 

Yans86

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
942
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Bad guys aren't necessarily meant to be hated or disliked!!Beside BB,I can list many bad guys that I loved!!
ex.Cell,Freezer,Majin bu in DGZ
.Dio Brando and King crimson in JOJO
.Gin Ichimaru in BLEACH
.Lord Grifith in BERSERK
ecc...ecc....
 

kuropop

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 24, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
BB is a BIG BASTARD, but he is type of bastard that you will like bacause he is The Best in what he doing.:kukuku:kukuku
 
Top