Mael vs Meliodas | SPOILERS OUT !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by TarXan, Jul 4, 2018.

?

Who will win ?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2018.
  1. Meliodas

15 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. Mael

12 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Someone will interrupt

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  4. The battle will end in a tie

12 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    So according to scans translated by FKS

Mael & Meliodas fought each other in the previous holy war

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The chapter will be released when the 7DS movie comes out this summer

I took the liberty of creating this thread just in case this subject derails other threads

What’re your predictions? Who won ? Who is stronger ? Did Mael do a better job fighting Meliodas than Escanor?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Mighty Escanor likes this.
  2. Estarossa173

Estarossa173 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    Can’t be sure who won. Depending on the time of day, either one of them could’ve won. It’s safe to say that mael at noon is stronger than meliodas

I’m very curious to see how mael fought meliodas and if he did a better job than escanor.

lindananahayashida likes this.
  3. Shutensatsu

Shutensatsu Registered User

United States
    Couple different options.

1. Mel won, keeping with the theme of Mael taking L’s, and got driven off by other archangels arriving, or other circumstances.

2. It’s definitely going to be late morning at a minimum. Ludo confirmed it had to at least be near noon for Mael to surpass him let alone Mel. So he put on a Indura vs. Ludo performance. Clearly getting overpowered, but the gap isn’t big enough to be oneshot like he did to Late Morning Escanor. Driven off due to circumstances before they finish. Not a conclusive victory for either.

3. Late Morning Mael is stronger than Mel, and drives him off.

4. Option 2, but he survived until High Noon, and drove Mel off.

If I had to assume I’d think it’d be inconclusive, and nobody lost.

It’s a good chance to see how he performs with Sunshine. Cause if Ludo is saying it needs to be late morning for Mael to surpass him, then Mael has to either be like sub 10K with his own power with the exact same increases, or sunshine draws more strength with Escanor as a vessel even if it’s slowly destroying him, which has to due with the reason he can even can use it all to begin with.

I mean there’s no other way the numbers work out. He can’t be strong with his own power(like 60K), and have the same increases as Escanor. Otherwise he’d be as strong as or even stronger than Ludo anytime the sun was up period(starting the day at a whopping 110K).

Mel was 32K with no mark, and 56K with a mark before he died. Estarossa is 60K with his Demon mark(it was off when he was getting healed in the pod). So Mael has got to be like 30K or less with his own power.

The breakdown has gotta be something like to make any kind of sense.

A lot of this also depends on whether or not Mel even uses the Assault mode though. If Mael is struggling at late Morning against the version in this picture, without being “The One”, or Mel using AM, it’d mean Escanor is stronger somehow.

4. OtakuFreak

OtakuFreak Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Fun Forum
    Depends on the circumstances:

A) If sunshine is active and it's close to somewhat near noon, then Mael will win

B) Chandler doesn't exist or interfere

C) Meliodas is on Assault Mode or not. From the picture he looks like he's just second demon mark stage (which is 90-100k imo).

5. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    Ludociel never said he could match Mael until it reached late morning/Noon, I need @FKS to clear up the confusion

I mean it’s clear nobody died or anything but you gotta put things in perspective

Escanor is a human while Mael is an ArcAngel

Even if he has a base of 30k, that’d still be enough for him to stomp Mel at 10:30+

Not to mention Mael can heal instantaneous unlike Escanor plus Sun gives him immense durability so he’s practically invulnerable in a sense

There’s no way Mel had it easy like his fight with Escanor tbh

lindananahayashida and Kimoho like this.
  6. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Registered User

Germany
    Or it'd mean that Mael is doing a great job against the original, fully-powered Meliodas. Escanor fought a still-reverting Meliodas ... so says the manga.
    Anyway, can't wait to see Meliodas unleashing the true power of "Love".

7. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    I don’t think A & C matters

I think we fail to realize Mael isn’t Escanor

Unlike Escanor the instantaneous healing alone makes him impossible to defeat or put down

Kimoho and OtakuFreak like this.
  8. Demonspeed

Demonspeed High Commander

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Commandments don't work on Archangels.

Kimoho likes this.
  9. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    Dude Commandments don’t work against ArcAngels

I’m a huge Mel fanboy but I think Mael would stomp him

If Meliodas wins this fight it’s horrible writing

10. OtakuFreak

OtakuFreak Registered User

Fun Forum
    Then Mael wins.

Tell that to the Hardcore Meliodas fans who don't want to hear any of it

11. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Registered User

Germany
    How can you be sure of that? Did you ever see what I would call the "PEAK" of Meliodas? I guess not, so I believe Meliodas' peak has to surpass the One ... since he's the DK-to-be.

12. Chibi Moon

Chibi Moon Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United Kingdom
    Random question here but wouldn't Mel know about Sunshine?

He's a very smart and tactical fighter. I would have expected him to have at least watched or investigated one of his most strongest enemies.
    Plus someone kindly correct me if I'm wrong but isn't demon power greater at night?
    I would think he would just wait until noon has come and gone and then fight him. Even at noon because Mel is so good at battle and very dangerous I'm not sure having a higher PL is enough against him ... you would need a very good plan.

However, this is based on what we have seen as Sunshine in Escanor. Mael may be completely different, his version most likely would be stronger or he may just be a more crafty fighter. I think it is best to wait until we can see what Mael can do before answering this question.

13. Shutensatsu

Shutensatsu Registered User

United States
    Commandmnets don’t work on Archangels.

Unless he gets a transformation, or a new power level number whatever kind of increase he got is worthless.

He was rendered unconscious by a single wave of the hand that didn’t even touch him.

He’s nothing to “ The One” version of any character.

You’re constant harping about Mel still growing stronger meaning he can beat “The One” makes about as much sense as saying Ban can defeat Cusack and Chandler because he said to have gotten stronger since he went to purgatory.

It’s nonsensical, ridiculous, and a massive leap in logic.

The fight was a year ago, and he’s inferior to sunshine for minute.

Move on.

14. Darksiders

Darksiders Registered User

England
    Like a little bit more power will make a difference.

15. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    I mean it’s hard to accept but Escanor is a fodder human that fodderizes literally everyone

Now we have an Arc Angel who has a potential higher base than Escanor, instantaneous healing and proficient Sunshine use

There’s absolutely no way Mel is taking the W
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 4, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 4, 2018 ---
    Well put

Meliodas is def the best fighter in the entire series but most of his battles rely heavily on CQC + FC

The only way to beat a Sunshine user is brute force (which is impossible) or bringing true night

Kimoho and OtakuFreak like this.
  16. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Registered User

Germany
    Your logic is flawed, dude! Drawing that line of analogy to Ban is nonsensical by all means. Bear in mind (1) that we are talking about an individual who has the potential to be on par with God, and (2) that Sunshine (the One included) is still a fraction of SD, nothing near the "invinciple" or "omnipotent" power you're trying to make out of it.
    Move on!

17. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    If Mael fights Meliodas near noon or noon he should logically win.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 4, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 4, 2018 ---
    Do you know there is a difference between "potential" and "being actually the thing"?

18. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Registered User

Germany
    Yes I do! Per contra, do you know that potentiality depends on someone's actuality? I mean, not anyone can have the potential to be god afterall! He who already has the potential to be a god should actually be god-like, I would say!

19. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    He still isn't god otherwise he would not be rushing after the Commandments instead would have devoted his time in lifting the curses all by himself.

20. GreedHunt

GreedHunt Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Spain
    Gonna be honest, I don't really care a lot since we know how both of them end after the war is over, but anyways...

Knowing Nakaba, it will either be an inconclused battle with no real winner, or Meliodas will win and Mael be rescued somehow. It would be cool if it was actually the opposite, but I don't see it happening because of how much Nakaba loves to hype Meliodas on all his edgy prime.
    So I would say Mael for the story itself, but I will actually say Meliodas will win thanks for being the main character and how the author threats him.
    However, I didn't consider this. It's true that unlike Escanor, Mael should have self healing so even if Meliodas goes for the kill before high noon it would not be as easy and Mael could manage to survive until becoming The One and defeating him. The interesting thing is that on that scan we see Meliodas without using AM so he probably will fuck around again...

But that's just assuming Sunshine worked for Mael like it does with Escanor. So far everything points to that being the case, but maybe there is something different about it since Escanor is a human after all. Maybe Mael had a way stronger base but that just meant that his power was more consistent instead of going up and down like crazy. This could be a very interesting fight and I would not assume Mael is way stronger than Escanor until we get confirmation on it.

However this raises the question, why didn't Meliodas ever mentioned Escanor's Sunshine is Mael's magic if he had direct contact with it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.