Discussion - Mael's Sword | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Mael's Sword

Mighty Escanor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
In chapter 282 of nnt, we saw Mael attacking and eliminating a bunch of demons including Glariza. And unlike other depictions of Mael, there seems to be a special kind of sword in his hands:
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/--wUCZ4kO...s1600/The+Seven+Deadly+Sins+282+–+page+11.png

And here we have a blessed sword from the movie:
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/posts/4940581/

I'm not sure if I'm just overthinking things, but I've always expected him to have a weapon specific to himself, mostly because Estarossa had a sword in his chest, and he summoned 7 swords using Rebellion. He seemed to be somehow involved with sword arts, and I guess it has something to do with his true personality.
What do you guys think about the panel and Mael's sword?

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I doubt his sword has any real impact, similiar to Meliodas swords (excluding lostvayne).

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
In chapter 282 of nnt, we saw Mael attacking and eliminating a bunch of demons including Glariza. And unlike other depictions of Mael, there seems to be a special kind of sword in his hands:
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/--wUCZ4kO...s1600/The+Seven+Deadly+Sins+282+–+page+11.png

And here we have a blessed sword from the movie:
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/posts/4940581/

I'm not sure if I'm just overthinking things, but I've always expected him to have a weapon specific to himself, mostly because Estarossa had a sword in his chest, and he summoned 7 swords using Rebellion. He seemed to be somehow involved with sword arts, and I guess it has something to do with his true personality.
What do you guys think about the panel and Mael's sword?
I think it's interesting how his brother just uses his arm to create a blade while Mael the strongest AA needed to use a sword.

Mythoclast

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Excalibur and Courchouse are the only two weapons that'll have any future importance to the plot.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
It is just an random sword .it would have been shown with mael when he introduced himself in ch 274 if it was important
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think it's interesting how his brother just uses his arm to create a blade while Mael the strongest AA needed to use a sword.
He can also do it

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
I don't think using the arm or the sword depends on strength. Then why DK himself wields a giant sword?:hmm:hmm
Its still debTable for that sword because we didnt get a glance of that sword it was hidden
It may have the power of making clones similar to Meliodas's sword

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
My guess at the time was that mael was simply using a sword made out of light tbh. Do we have more concrete evidence that he uses a physical sword? Nakaba isn't particularly consistent when it comes to some weapon users anyways. Remember moonspiet's saber? Escanor has rhitta but when he uses the one he discards it in favor of his fists. Basically the one is so powerful no weapon is useful for him....And ludociel did not seem to use a sword in his real body but he uses one while in margaret's. Which I suppose is meant to compensate for whatever limitations margaret might have.

Estarossa173

Reaction score
Country
United States
The only weapon that matters to the story is Excalibur.

Kimoho

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Iceland
My guess at the time was that mael was simply using a sword made out of light tbh. Do we have more concrete evidence that he uses a physical sword?
That's not a light sword he used it as a kid ( chapter 274 page 4/5 ) .

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
That's not a light sword he used it as a kid ( chapter 274 page 4/5 ) .
Ah, ok, I saw it now. Odds are he simply summons it at his convenience much like how his estarosa persona summoned swords.

Tragicdeath

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah Im pretty sure it meant nothing its just a simple sword unlike Escanor who really has the use of his rhitta tanking his power. When Mael met Bellion he didnt have any sword in him its just brute force that made Bellion damn what the fuck is this guy like I was dominating Goddess's but this dude is like the real deal then Mel came then Bellion was like damn Im out of place of this 2 studs.

Tragicdeath

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
We don't know about the state of Mael during that fight, but Escanor doesn't always use Rhitta too. At high noon, he is powerful enough not to be in need of his axe.

Him, it seems that Ludociel had an exact same sword though.

So it's not like it has something to do with power. But it might just be the standard design for swords in goddess realm, and I was just overthinking things. :hmm
Huh!?! I never said about Maels state but the sword he was using pretty seems non significant. And rhitta is like Escanor's battery extention amplifier so Escanor pretty much needed it in handy just in case.

bighoss

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is it just me, or does the celestial sword from the prisoners of the sky look exactly the same as Mael's sword?

bighoss

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I made the thread when I saw that sword in a trailer, but then I saw a similar one in Ludo's hands, and I end up wondering what is there is any meaning behind this design.

Edited: Removed spoilery contents.
Oh sorry, I just skimmed through the first post so I missed it lol