Games Mafia Game 100 - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
She did? Sam was btw "saved" by Tatsus vote, and Asa did also question Tatsu right?
I think she did because of this thing she said " For Sam I'm confused why he trusted, geniually" which means she didn't trust him personally either.
If Sam flips scum it wont look good for Shad too.

As for the second thing that is correct. Tatsu and DD's reasons to go for Marm over Sam didn't sit well with me, but ofc it sounds cheap coming from someone that voted Marm aswell lol.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
So if we lynch Demon, we lose the potato. I haven't played a potato game before. Is it usually a good asset or is it too random to make use of and we could as well get rid of it?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I haven't played a hot potato game before. Is it usually more beneficial to mafia or town? Or is it just random?
I think it historically always exploded on a townie, but doesn‘t have to be pro-mafia. You generally give it to a person you‘d want to die to it if you suspect it will explode.

Hard to predict anything but ideally you keep it/give to a town until it‘s late enough that it will explode and then give it to a mafia, but one can‘t know when it is set to explode. I think historically it was rather early-ish, after 1-2 passings.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
So it maybe slightly favors mafia, but not enough to abandon the prospect of a traitor I guess.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So if we lynch Demon, we lose the potato. I haven't played a potato game before. Is it usually a good asset or is it too random to make use of and we could as well get rid of it?
It‘s certainly not something great to actively not lynch a player for, though he may just explode with it regardless so at most we lose out on a kill that could‘ve hit a mafia if Demon isn‘t one. But it also could hit a Doc at worst so.. :catshrug

If Demon doesn‘t become more active or says anything more relevant than he did last day he‘s a pretty fine lynch imo.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@Riku But doesn't your argument why Mafia didn't killed Sam also go for me? They left me alive because I didn't vote so they can use it to call me sus though it makes no sense for me to not vote if I were Mafia as Mafia only got 3 votes and depending on who is on the lynch block my vote might be super important to keep a buddy safe for one more phase. So personally I'd like to see my mistake more as something that confirms me having a "boring" role than having an exciting one aka actual townie role or being one of the murder team where every kill and vote counts. As Vanilla Townie with no way of knowing who could be who on day 1, I would have either voted randomly or tried to stick with my gut feeling of Digi's quiet votechange being a bit sus. Thus I don't see me not voting on day 1 as that big of a lose.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So it maybe slightly favors mafia, but not enough to abandon the prospect of a traitor I guess.
Hm I don‘t think it‘s anywhere near as strong as a Traitor, and given it can kill a mafia it doesn‘t exclude Traitor or a Sleeper no.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Morning, will be making a coffee and reading for the next 30 min.

I think the most likely theory is that both the top pics yesterday were town (Sam and marm).

Currently I suspect gry, he usually tries to make his vote count but was very happy to let it play out, something town gry would never do usually.

Since he voted me and I vauched for Sam, he should be just as much Sus of Sam who had 3 votes but he did nothing, this fit the profile of somebody who is happy with either being lynched.

@votekill gry
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Do you guys think, with this setup, it's more likely it was set to start with a mafia or a townie?
Actually scratch what I told Riku, if there isn‘t a Traitor or Sleeper they could have given mafia an early freeman-ish guaranteed double-kill by having them start with a Potato that explodes immediately, say D2.

But otherwise as a host I‘d tend to start it on a town if it‘s to explode early and on a mafia if it needs 2 or 3 bounces.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Do you guys think, with this setup, it's more likely it was set to start with a mafia or a townie?
If I were the host, which I am not, for a Vanilla Mafia game then i would have given the secondary hot potato role to a townie as that gives them a night kill ability basically. If they were to keep the potato within their grasp and use it on the correct time on a mafia. Considering our size, if everything goes good for mafia, mafia wins on day 4 with the 4th lynched townie and 3 killed townies, so night 3 seems a good night for me to set up the hot potato timer. Until then we would have 4 players less and if all were townies that would mean 33% chance of giving a mafia the deadly gift.
Seems fair to me.
If the potato doesn't end in a mafia hand before that who then acts as sad panda when the 66% chance happened on night 3.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Morning, will be making a coffee and reading for the next 30 min.

I think the most likely theory is that both the top pics yesterday were town (Sam and marm).

Currently I suspect gry, he usually tries to make his vote count but was very happy to let it play out, something town gry would never do usually.

Since he voted me and I vauched for Sam, he should be just as much Sus of Sam who had 3 votes but he did nothing, this fit the profile of somebody who is happy with either being lynched.

@votekill gry
I told somewhere above I was considering it but didn‘t have any strong feelings on Marm and I could be wrong so I let it play out while watching.

Funny because you did the same. And for how heavily you townread Sam you sure didn‘t vote Tatsu to prevent him from being lynched by a snipe or tie 🤔
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Actually scratch what I told Riku, if there isn‘t a Traitor or Sleeper they could have given mafia an early freeman-ish guaranteed double-kill by having them start with a Potato that explodes immediately, say D2.

But otherwise as a host I‘d tend to start it on a town if it‘s to explode early and on a mafia if it needs 2 or 3 bounces.
Even considering that number wise mafia is lacking? So you're leaning towards potato on a townie and recruitable in game?
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I told somewhere above I was considering it but didn‘t have any strong feelings on Marm and I could be wrong so I let it play out while watching.

Funny because you did the same. And for how heavily you townread Sam you sure didn‘t vote Tatsu to prevent him from being lynched by a snipe or tie 🤔
Why did you not try to kill Sam, why did you keep your vote on me? If you believe im scum and that I was defending him?

For why I didn't move my vote?
Show me a game in the last 10 I played where I voted last, you in the other hand you do it most of the time
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Even considering that number wise mafia is lacking? So you're leaning towards potato on a townie and recruitable in game?
Depends on when it is meant to explode. If it starts on mafia:
Uneven(1,3) explosion time: means that mafia can pass, receive it back and pass again safely if it comes to it.
Even explosion time: mafia can pass it but dies if it‘s sent back right away.

So if it‘s even explosion time more likely to start on town, else mafia. How I‘d maybe do it as a host.

What do you think?
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
@Riku But doesn't your argument why Mafia didn't killed Sam also go for me? They left me alive because I didn't vote so they can use it to call me sus though it makes no sense for me to not vote if I were Mafia as Mafia only got 3 votes and depending on who is on the lynch block my vote might be super important to keep a buddy safe for one more phase. So personally I'd like to see my mistake more as something that confirms me having a "boring" role than having an exciting one aka actual townie role or being one of the murder team where every kill and vote counts. As Vanilla Townie with no way of knowing who could be who on day 1, I would have either voted randomly or tried to stick with my gut feeling of Digi's quiet votechange being a bit sus. Thus I don't see me not voting on day 1 as that big of a lose.
Basicly yes, but Sam isn't off the hook either. He is also on my lowkey-sus list.

I can see the mafia to not vote/lwillingly be absent, if the the heat is going to suitable direction. With Shads accurate system, the mob might also want to avoid a lot of vote moving to leave as little trace as plausible. You argument of a "boring role" doesn't really help in a vanilla game. A player of your caliber wasting his chance to have an effect, even with just a little gut feeling, and not even a doing a temp vote seems off-puttingly odd. I know there is little to go by on day 1, but there isn't that much more on day 2 either, if everyone just stays passive d1.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Why did you not try to kill Sam, why did you keep your vote on me? If you believe im scum and that I was defending him?

For why I didn't move my vote?
Show me a game in the last 10 I played where I voted last, you in the other hand you do it most of the time
Mafia can defend a townie to pocket them(or be in their pocket, forgot the correct usage of the term), so your actions speak little for Sam. He did switch off of you so that was my main consideration to vote him, but not because of any weird text you said.

How do past games matter? You telling me you have this code where you never vote last even if your Mason buddy is being lynched and you could save them? Because that‘s about how hard you were believing in Sam yesterday. But maybe I just don‘t get you.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Depends on when it is meant to explode. If it starts on mafia:
Uneven(1,3) explosion time: means that mafia can pass, receive it back and pass again safely if it comes to it.
Even explosion time: mafia can pass it but dies if it‘s sent back right away.

So if it‘s even explosion time more likely to start on town, else mafia. How I‘d maybe do it as a host.

What do you think?
Since it didn't explode in N1, I'm with you and James - so far - and also think it could have been set to start with a townie.

On the other hand, since there's a chance this might kill a mafia, I think it's another indication we have 'off radar' mafia help in game.
2/7 vanillas are gone and weren't sleepers (they do die as "sleeper" right? don't recall) and Pirate looks interesting but also odd in the setup, so wondering if it could be the traitor working to not only serve the mafia number-wise but also with the ability to weak town a bit if he/she is lucky enough. So I'd trust the potato holder (DD) more than a Pirate we find out about later on (just my cents for future record).
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Basicly yes, but Sam isn't off the hook either. He is also on my lowkey-sus list.

I can see the mafia to not vote/lwillingly be absent, if the the heat is going to suitable direction. With Shads accurate system, the mob might also want to avoid a lot of vote moving to leave as little trace as plausible. You argument of a "boring role" doesn't really help in a vanilla game. A player of your caliber wasting his chance to have an effect, even with just a little gut feeling, and not even a doing a temp vote seems off-puttingly odd. I know there is little to go by on day 1, but there isn't that much more on day 2 either, if everyone just stays passive d1.
Eh, fine by me. Without det, spies, investigators and so on, it's not like we got anything hard fact based to make use of our votes. Tbf to me though I waited years for WHIII to come out and I had been missing for 1/3 of the day/left during the middle of it, aka it's not like I came online before day end, wondered if I should vote or not and decided against it. I know, you can see the threat as a "hidden visitor" as we have right now with only me and Gry by name and 7 others not, but I have never used that option and never will, I find it pretty stupid to hide your name when reading the Game Thread.

And with that, I go back to gaming and saving Kislev from the demon hordes. This time I put down a place-holder vote on my gut-feelings DigitalDude first.^^
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top