Games Mafia Game 100 - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
@Farfalla can you think of a better use of pirate than confirming you tonight?
I've alrdy said that imo, if the Pirate is fully town, he/she should sit on the role so maybe it can be used to salvage the doctor/hoe role. Others see the use of a suicide to find a mafia without debates. So yeah, no need to talk preferences here, no one has achieved anything so far, let the pirate plays the way he/she prefers. Risking targeting a vanilla doesn't rly achieve much right now, the person can die at any time.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I'm currently backreading (on page 20), but I'm going to say this regardless of what side of the bed I've woken up on this morning: pull your head in. Some of your barbed comments to try and provoke some activity are just needlessly toxic/unnecessary and the type of behaviour that got called out a couple of games ago- do better.
I'm trying to trigger you, for the better.
Sorry if I went overboard with it.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
You avoiding my pirate plan makes me believe you are mafia xD
Don't resist farf, just accept your fate.

If mafia pirate does tonight and we have 2 death, you will be lynched xD
Accept your fate and join me in the dead pad.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

does -> dies*
He/she won't die '-' you can just raise your campaign so people lynch me next if you grow confident on your saying tho, feel free.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
He/she won't die '-' you can just raise your campaign so people lynch me next if you grow confident on your saying tho, feel free.
You are being very defensive on this whole pirate thingy.
Maybe I'm not getting you here.

Doctor is free.
He is protecting a player that has a high chance of dying: meaning Farf / Gry or Lambu.
Since Gry has a high chance of being lynched he won't be targeted.
I'm sure you are the target for a kill.

Since the doctor will protect you anyway, we may as well pirate you since you being confirmed doesn't increase your chance of being killed.

And since the doctor can turn out dead anyday, may as well take your role now than wait for later to save a role, which if I understand correctly is just a 50/50 chance of it even working, add to that the chance of the pirate not dying earlier than that and other things that decrease the likelihood of that being a good move.

But whatever, if the pirate is reading me and agrees it a good plan and does it.
If he flips dead tomorrow while another person is dead.

I think it safe to lynch farf.

I will leave it at this since you are getting mad at me for talking logically.

Dead man talking :D
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,687
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Well, I feel like saying I'm disappointed in the direction of discussion doesn't cut it.

Shad, you're making it very hard for me to trust you. Your antics do reek of desperate/irrational townie convinced he's cracked it all based on a single vote he received, but derailing other possibilities to force it into a Gry vs you situation wasn't constructive in the slightest. Gry could be scum, he's not exactly taking control of the steering wheel as he typically does when town but him being scum wouldn't be the only explanation for it.

I need to give things more thought but throwing you to the wayside wouldn't be the worst thing for the game given you've pulled another one of these stunts.

I'm trying to trigger you, for the better.
Sorry if I went overboard with it.
I honestly don't care for the apology as I'm not offended by what you directed at me, I just find it disappointing to come from you so I called it out. It's on everyone to raise the standard of the game after a decent chunk of us raised issues about toxicity, and calling out that shit is a part of nipping it in the bud.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I think I was insulted more than I insulted anybody.

1 vs 3, I got called delusional / stupid and many many many more things.

It easy to pick on the guy fighting by himself than to direct criticism to the group of players.

I feel confident in my language and I will let the hosts decide if I deserve a penalty this game.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Uh kouhai, idk why I'm being tagged, you said you rly wanna die and my vote is on you alrdy.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Tbh no.
(Inb4 the Fiend bombs me c.c)
Ah, ok, so it was a joke. I was wondering why you said let's lynch Demon when you didn't had your vote on him.

Also a really heated discussion in the last couple pages, hope everyone can cool down a bit before we come to the end part of this phase.

Good night everyone.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,687
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'm guilty as charged on this too with my inactivity, but I feel like there's a decent chunk of the players who haven't had much to say that's been too constructive. Will consider those 'coasting' a bit more as there's likely just as much of a chance, if not a tad more, that there might be some scum hidden amongst those rather than the Shad v Gry debacle.

I think I was insulted more than I insulted anybody.

1 vs 3, I got called delusional / stupid and many many many more things.

It easy to pick on the guy fighting by himself than to direct criticism to the group of players.

I feel confident in my language and I will let the hosts decide if I deserve a penalty this game.
It's easier for me to call it out when I'm directly tagged in it, but you're not the only one who has probably said something unsavoury. Either way I find it unproductive and largely unhealthy for the game.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@SirSamuel016 I will be out in like 1h max.

I was wondering, how do you see me going as much as threatening to use my vote to save you last day phase.
I get the feeling that no matter what I do, even the person I fight for will say I'm not trusted at the first occasion they get.

Can you help me understand this? How did you see the events of D1 after you woke up?

From my perspective, It looks like I did everything to keep you alive, I know nobody can ever be trusted but shouldn't my percentage be high at least from your perspective, since you know that you are town?

Just asking since everybody tells me to not do it but I always think I can get others to trust me and always fail.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,687
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@SirSamuel016 I will be out in like 1h max.

I was wondering, how do you see me going as much as threatening to use my vote to save you last day phase.
I get the feeling that no matter what I do, even the person I fight for will say I'm not trusted at the first occasion they get.

Can you help me understand this? How did you see the events of D1 after you woke up?

From my perspective, It looks like I did everything to keep you alive, I know nobody can ever be trusted but shouldn't my percentage be high at least from your perspective, since you know that you are town?

Just asking since everybody tells me to not do it but I always think I can get others to trust me and always fail.
I appreciated the vote of confidence from D1, I won't lie there.

With how things went D1, it was really just myself (inactive + votes that got questioned) vs Marm (less inactive with a comment that got picked apart) which I feel was near-sighted and town clutching at straws hoping they struck gold with either one of us. They were lynching a green either way there so very much just desperation leading to shooting ourselves in the foot.

Why I said you make it hard to trust you is because of what you've done today. Day 1 I thought the vote tracking program was a marvellous idea and I still do think that, but your actions in Day 2 have left me both disappointed and unsure on where you sit. You've been far too focused on Gry alone and not really taken the time to consider other options or allow the game to breathe and take its natural flow through various discussion points that could've happened, and instead made this a you v Gry situation where even if you do come up green when lynched, there's no guarantee that Gry will pop Red. Could he be Red? Yes. Is he guaranteed to be Red? No. In a game where there's so little information to be able to get in regards to night actions, it's discussions that serve as the pivotal mechanism to making progress and that got derailed to being about one issue instead of being much more diverse. I think that's why people say they don't trust you, but their votes for you can equally just be frustration-based. You do seem town that just went astray to me, but like I've alluded to here, for others it's probably harder to reach the conclusion due to how much you've made the focus about one little thing. Both you and Gry could be green and if both end up getting lynched it just sets us all back even further.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I will leave it at this since you are getting mad at me for talking logically.
I'm... getting mad at you for talking logically? o.o

You pushed lots of people's buttons with your way of thinking and speaking and now I'll be your target because I don't wanna ride your boat?
The Pirate, the Doctor and the Prostitute may act the way they prefer, I've shared my cents on that just like others did, but after all those D1 and D2 antics now you wanna push people on how they should use their roles? Your opinions and perspective, if they're legit, aren't above the ones others have...

If at any point the Pirate drops dead along with someone else and you wanna go around in your grave saying I should be lynched then, I can add this to my signature as a reminder to people on your behalf, if it helps.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ah, ok, so it was a joke. I was wondering why you said let's lynch Demon when you didn't had your vote on him.
I did have my vote on him. I changed it under request (and cause I wanted to test what would come out of it). I also suggested him to Shad to test other things.
I stated before that the vote was following my theory, and even tho no one corrected me when I mentioned the potato not exploding in N1 as a sign that it could have started with a townie, now that it could explode at the end of this day there wouldn't be a point in moving my vote back to him.
Why did voting or not for the Fiend bugged you, tho? It's not like there wasn't multiple people saying he's somewhat suspicious.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@SirSamuel016 It was only natural, you switching your placeholder vote was a life saver for me, I couldn't see you die because of it.
Let call it even, hopefully we can cooperate more in future games.

It a testament to my bad communication skills that everybody says I'm fixated on Gry while he spent D1 trying to get me killed while I didn't even vote him, and started D2 with a vote on me without any reason, I gotta work on that but it practically impossible for me to, it something I've always been bad at without any improvement in the last 10 years.

All this because he is more articulate and knows when to lay low and when to speak, I look like the one that made it about us.

Also sam, it unfair to say that I derailed today's discussion:
- Half of the player are AFK.
- I'm not stopping anybody from talking about anything, there is actually nothing to talk about because the roles are in the open and most people are passive.
- People who talked a lot today, mostly talked about or with me.

I believe I actually generated 10 more pages than this thread would have had if I wasn't here, so I kind of improved the discussion (debatable xD).

Either way I'm not angry and I have no regrets, did what I wanted to do, tried some strategies and saw how they will playout, I'm still learning and doing something new every game, this game for example I was testing a strategy that I'm keeping secret since I need it more for when I'm mafia.

~
@Farfalla I don't control the pirate and neither do you, I just shared a plan that sounded good to me.
And since the pirate can't hint at his target or he will be dead, I felt the need to clarify that if he follows this plan that would mean he went for you, since this is the only plan that was proposed for his action tonight.

If you are a town, you should be happy to be targeted by a pirate.

When you question me, do I get so mad as to add your question to my signature?

I will cheer you from the deadpad no matter what your affiliation is, but since we are still in the game I understand why you would wanna go on the offensive.

Eitherway I'm not so pro town as to fight you for it, I would rather just go to sleep and be a good kohai.

See you, have fun and good night.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
C'mon, Shad, wth ç.ç'

When you question me, do I get so mad as to add your question to my signature?
I didn't mention the signature portion as some sort of punishment or provocation loool. Didn't you say that if the Pirate dies along with someone else it's cause he/she followed your plan, hence I'm mafia? Then I said I can have that always in my sig so people never forget that '-' Since you're so sure that if that happens it's certainly because of me.

If you are a town, you should be happy to be targeted by a pirate.
Not necessarily but I don't feel like explaining myself a third time, you can keep your beliefs then.
Being indifferent, happy or wtv shouldn't matter to the pirate either, the person can do wtv he/she prefers.

I will cheer you from the deadpad no matter what your affiliation is, but since we are still in the game I understand why you would wanna go on the offensive.
How am I going on the offensive :bored

And well yosh, sleep well o/
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Town plan to communicate targets with the pirate.

Everyday the person being lynched should propose a target for the pirate.

After the person being lynched is revealed as town the pirate should decide if they want to go for target the person or no.

If the pirate dies, we lynch the person nominated.

If the pirate lives:
- reveal if you get no role
- hide if you get a role

Simple and secure.

I nominate farfalla.

Reasons:
- her plan to use the role to save doctor or hoe is bad, it a 50/50 chance at best, the pirate can die any night and many more things needs to line up for this to be relevant.
- the doctor is tied protecting her every night, if we confirm her to be scum the doctor would stop being wasted every night, if we confirm her to be townie the doctor can justify protecting her every night, if you steal her role it will be safer on the pirate.
- she was paranoid about demon sending her the bomb but was surprised when I told her that she is probably the best night kill, she said she doesn't need doctor on her.
- she accepted my offer to lynch me today and lynch gry after at the speed of light, but tried to distance her self from the term and condition that came with that, if she was happy to accept, why did she never mention that she will lynch gry the next day, scum try to lay low, it not in her best interest to attract attention to herself.
- when I proposed this plan to her in the middle of the day she ignored it, even tho she was happy to discuss pirate usage today, my plan somehow wasn't worth addressing.

The next person to be lynched tomorrow, please do the same tomorrow if the pirate doesn't die tonight.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Oh Lord those highly distorted reasons...
Hard not to relate to others that argued with you when I'm forced into their shoes...
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,687
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@SirSamuel016 It was only natural, you switching your placeholder vote was a life saver for me, I couldn't see you die because of it.
Let call it even, hopefully we can cooperate more in future games.

It a testament to my bad communication skills that everybody says I'm fixated on Gry while he spent D1 trying to get me killed while I didn't even vote him, and started D2 with a vote on me without any reason, I gotta work on that but it practically impossible for me to, it something I've always been bad at without any improvement in the last 10 years.

All this because he is more articulate and knows when to lay low and when to speak, I look like the one that made it about us.

Also sam, it unfair to say that I derailed today's discussion:
- Half of the player are AFK.
- I'm not stopping anybody from talking about anything, there is actually nothing to talk about because the roles are in the open and most people are passive.
- People who talked a lot today, mostly talked about or with me.

I believe I actually generated 10 more pages than this thread would have had if I wasn't here, so I kind of improved the discussion (debatable xD).

Either way I'm not angry and I have no regrets, did what I wanted to do, tried some strategies and saw how they will playout, I'm still learning and doing something new every game, this game for example I was testing a strategy that I'm keeping secret since I need it more for when I'm mafia.

~
@Farfalla I don't control the pirate and neither do you, I just shared a plan that sounded good to me.
And since the pirate can't hint at his target or he will be dead, I felt the need to clarify that if he follows this plan that would mean he went for you, since this is the only plan that was proposed for his action tonight.

If you are a town, you should be happy to be targeted by a pirate.

When you question me, do I get so mad as to add your question to my signature?

I will cheer you from the deadpad no matter what your affiliation is, but since we are still in the game I understand why you would wanna go on the offensive.

Eitherway I'm not so pro town as to fight you for it, I would rather just go to sleep and be a good kohai.

See you, have fun and good night.
I don't think it's unfair to say you've derailed discussions, like you've said you've been active with a post count of 117 from what is 475 replies when I send this reply off. Of those 117 posts, it's fair to say a majority has been about Gry. So if you look at ~25% of all posts coming from you and then take at least half of that as your Gry-related discussion, then you alone have kept 1/8th of the game focused on something that arose over a vote on you. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and trust you're town because it is somewhat familiar for you to overreact like that, but as harsh as it may sound, it's hard for me not to be frustrated that so much of the game has had to revolve around a vote placed on you and things ensuing from there.

Town could've been asking more questions of the quiet ones, whether they were myself, or others who are flying under the radar like James, Tatsu, Demon, Erin, and DD. At one stage or another they've all felt disengaged for whatever their reasons, but instead of probing them for more activity the focus has largely been on this with reasoning focused solely on one scenario and its implications.

I feel conflicted, because you probably are town just stumbling along but it's also hard to justify keeping you around with this.

Fair to say I don't trust many/any players really, and I don't feel I have much of a reason to at this stage.

Town plan to communicate targets with the pirate.

Everyday the person being lynched should propose a target for the pirate.

After the person being lynched is revealed as town the pirate should decide if they want to go for target the person or no.

If the pirate dies, we lynch the person nominated.

If the pirate lives:
- reveal if you get no role
- hide if you get a role

Simple and secure.

I nominate farfalla.

Reasons:
- her plan to use the role to save doctor or hoe is bad, it a 50/50 chance at best, the pirate can die any night and many more things needs to line up for this to be relevant.
- the doctor is tied protecting her every night, if we confirm her to be scum the doctor would stop being wasted every night, if we confirm her to be townie the doctor can justify protecting her every night, if you steal her role it will be safer on the pirate.
- she was paranoid about demon sending her the bomb but was surprised when I told her that she is probably the best night kill, she said she doesn't need doctor on her.
- she accepted my offer to lynch me today and lynch gry after at the speed of light, but tried to distance her self from the term and condition that came with that, if she was happy to accept, why did she never mention that she will lynch gry the next day, scum try to lay low, it not in her best interest to attract attention to herself.
- when I proposed this plan to her in the middle of the day she ignored it, even tho she was happy to discuss pirate usage today, my plan somehow wasn't worth addressing.

The next person to be lynched tomorrow, please do the same tomorrow if the pirate doesn't die tonight.
huh?
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,049
Gender
Female
Country
France
Goddamnit I'm back so late, I fell asleep while backreading and now it's 4 am!

:dumpster

Can't blame anyone who thinks I'm coasting by at this point.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Shad is still monopolizing the debate it seems.

Someone somewhere asked for my thoughts on players and well, it kinda seems like it's everyone against Shad so not a good way to make opinions about people.
I would need to single out the messages to catch better things that bother me.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,049
Gender
Female
Country
France
Are you able to do that?
Yes. When you read people's posts in "who replied"
Idk I think maybe when you see posts in answers to one another you're just following where the discussion is going and maybe missing some details of the post itself.
For exemple I might have not realised a traitor was sending signals.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Off the bat I would say
That I'm still not good at reading Gry and Farfalla so I to me they feel safe to trust but that might be just my wishful thinking.
Shad is just busy getting everykne mad at him. Personnally I've had enough. And I maintain that this Shad is the same as Omoneko Shad who made two phases an absolute nightmare just like right now. You can't even stop/skim his posts because they're the subjects of most posts.
I kinda trust Riku and Erin.
I'm neutral towards James Rye who is the exception mostly discussing roles since the beginning.
It kinda seems like DD isn't interacting much with others, I'm keeping him in my distrusted list.
Lambu is same as Farf and Gry, + I don't know his playstyle as I think it's only n'y second time playing with him Idk if what I'm getting from him is normal or not.
Nothing noteworthy comes to mind when I think of Sirsam and Demon this dayphase. I'll read them again in priority but defo putting them not on my good side for now.

I'll be back after finishing my night (5am here) and rereading what I need.
Voting Shad in the meantime.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Sad to wake up to this kind of posts, I make this game a nightmare? Good to know, that how you think.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Tatsumaki among the best players there is a scum, the only way we noob win is if we kill him early game, mafia is also trying to kill the best players first.

While I'm doing the hard work of trying to fight them and getting destroyed, I get stabbed by my follow noobs that only care about their life.

At least be neutral, im was dealing with Gry, lambu and farf while you were afk and you are complaining that my posts are hard to read, you should have been reading them in real time, not afk 22 hours then insult me with it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top