Games Mafia Game 103 - Chainsam Pan: End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,812
Gender
Female
Country
China

I thank you all for playing! It was an entertaining game to spectate. I hope most enjoyed the gameplay as well! Thank you to my fellow co-host @SirSamuel016 (and briefly @Farfalla) for providing the necessary support and inputs during the game! Once again thank you @Valhalla for the avatars! And most of all, congratulations mafia team (as the kids say nowadays) for copping the W! Also shoutouts to @GB for not speaking the truth once this game!

It was a simple but engaging experience. As you can see, the ???? was just another townie. In hindsight perhaps not as impactful but it was very omo seeing you all speculate over the identity of this mystery role. Unfortunately, in this sterile environment, we didn't get to trial the devil properly, as they both passed quickly. I think in special circumstances the potential is there, it is rather powerful in a more role-heavy comp. There are just enough secondaries for the psychiatrist to put IQ into analyzing their result (a difficult role to play in this game). Bomb's dominant strategy I think was somehow getting the mafia to kill them (feigning devil? 😈). Freeman... Died uncovered. And also came out quite early. If they had to die, that was probably the best time. The traitors deployed interesting strategies. Very exotic approach. Mafia overall played pretty decent; the first few nights town mislynched and only towards the mid-to-end did non-towns start perishing.

I am curious what you thought of the game and each other's performances! Was town too lazy? Was ???? too spicy? Did non-town play strong enough? Curious what you guys think of such role- and mechanicless comps ~

Once again, thank you, everyone! It was super spicy 👿 😈 🌶



​
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Less than 1.5h, people are so quiet even tho we have many readers.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Before there's 30 mins left I'll likely move my vote and it could fall on another person that alrdy has a vote, based on the ones I currently have in mind.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Copied my thoughts I shared earlier today onto this post, to make it things a bit more easy to view :3

- Asako as Hirofumi - Feels town to me so far. I said in a post earlier today: "just a feeling/the way she's been acting so far in game. Feel like my hunches on her have been alright when it comes to her lately. Could be wrong this time though, time will tell."
- Belserion as Makima - Seems to be more talkative this game than previous ones on Day 1, feel like this is mostly because her being quiet has been talked about a few times during the game. I get not wanting to comment or repeat everything others have said so far, it feels a bit redundant. That said, do feel like Mafia/TP Belse or having a good role Belse would have ignored these comments more (as this isn't the first game this has been addressed. Neutral, possibly green but not entirely convinced of that just yet.
- DD as Angel - Feels distant to this game, though his posts he did make didn't stand out much. Hard to tell what side he is on, based on this.
- Farfalla as Power. Leaning town. What I said earlier: "Farfs for her engagement, overall way of approaching a vanilla game she says she isn't very good at." - Also want to add the way she comes across when trying to make her points in regards to the dets vs docs debate. Feels genuine.
- GB as Mitaka. Not much to comment on, typical Lawl I think. That does make me more wary, as this is a mystery I'd rather get out of the way perhaps.
- Gnut as Himeno - Hasn't really been that much here so far, again I don't really see why others would trust him with the little posts he has made so far. Personally can't judge on his allegiance with what he say. I'll decide what to think of him when he does get here.
- GrySun as Aki. I said the following about him: "Gry is neutral to me, nothing going against him so far but always on my toes." - During backreading I noticed the whole debate about Docs/Dets kind of rubbed me the wrong way, but I'm unsure if this says anything about his allegiance. It did stand out to me.
- James as Beam. More talkative than he has been in recent games, participative. I don't get the panic and why he'd hint about his role, interesting reaction to me - there is still plenty of time left for things to change voting wise.
- Lambu as Galgali. "As for Lambu, while I don't necessarily agree with how he was trying to get people to talk - do appreciate his efforts and I can't say it makes me want to vote for him. Neutral." - Actually with backreading he does feel a bit different for me this game so far, perhaps its the way he's been approaching things.
- Marmalade as Michiko - That's me, a cute 🍊
- Mazino as Yutaro - Has no thoughts for now, doesn't like a vanilla game. I get that, but on the other hand i do remember him not having thoughts/much to say for a whole game while he wasn't town in the end (unless I'm remembering it incorrectly).
- Pom as Princi: What I said about her so far: " Pommie seem neutral to me. No overly green feelings, but definitely not scummy ones either. Participative, asking questions and so on. Thought it was interesting how you questioned Shad about his first post regarding wanting to vote Gry (I personally just thought Shad was making a joke - that's why it kind of stood out to me, but can't say that says anything about your allegiance to me)."
- Seraph as Denji - what I said about him, nothing to add to this. " I'm happy to see Seraph join the MG with such enthusiasm again, it kind of reminds me of early Seraph (when he first started playing MG, with his MC power and so on). That's why I'm kinda leaning green to him so far."
- Shad as Quanxi - Active, asking questions and trying to make the most out of the time he has I feel. Sometimes a bit over-enthusiastic in stating things. Can't say I'm convinced he's a townie yet, but feel better about him than a lot of other neutral zoned people.
- Shinobi as Reze - Shinobi being Shinobi. Not much to comment on
- Tatsu as Kobeni - Tatsu feels more present this game than I remember from before, but that's okay. I don't mind that. Nothing stands out though, so neutral it is.

As for the mechanic, I feel we can discuss for hours what the best pick on roles would be and how to approach it - but in the end it's up to the people that actually have to use the devil role. We can't plan or predict what will happen at night, I don't think we should want to plan everything.

Considering of simply making this a ranking next time (most trusted to least or something), but ofcourse I think of this after I've already typed the mycute wall, so goign to go ahead and post it anyway
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

On another note, my internet is beign painfully slow today. It doesn't even want to load the avatars properly aaaah
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Back

~
@MarmaladeSky I'm always left out from your list xD

I will soon take it personal :twitch

~
So we have a reveal, I first was wondering why reveal so soon.
But I just realized seraph still has his vote to use, james is technically at 3 votes if nothing happens and if seraph wants to go that road.

But I don't feel strongly about any player so I don't mind just watching this play out.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,407
Country
Japan
Going to vote, will leave thoughts on the remaining players I haven't addressed yet afterwards

Votekill GB.
Such a mysterious player, I'm never sure how to read you. With the posts you have made so far this game, it's hard to tell which side you are on. So for the lack of one I find overly sus so far, I'll go for you. For now at least, a lot of things can happen in a dayphase.
Keep your redness to youself:verily
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Votelock marma scum scumalade
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Sorry I don't have time to participate, ironically I will have free time exactly when day phase ends. fug.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Kouhai would you promise me you're town ^_^ what are your thoughts on people
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Right now I feel like doing something funny people will either enjoy me or hate me for lmao.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
What do you mean "sorry Seraph"? I am not the one trying to lynch you man. :XD
Yeah, but vote-switching to me could have saved your bacon but since I got something no Mafia would dare claim this Vanilla game, I don't think I gonna die today.

Sorry I don't have time to participate, ironically I will have free time exactly when day phase ends. fug.
Mmmmmaybe I was too optimistic, lol.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Kouhai would you promise me you're town ^_^ what are your thoughts on people
I will be working on my post now, it may take 30 minutes!

~
I know Gry is not the kind to not have an opinion, he said he will be back but isn't posting even tho he has been back for +30 minutes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh yeah I promise! for what that is worth in a lying game xD
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,812
Gender
Female
Country
China


👿 45 minutes left 😈


Let me know if I missed your vote!​
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Yeah, but vote-switching to me could have saved your bacon but since I got something no Mafia would dare claim this Vanilla game, I don't think I gonna die today.



Mmmmmaybe I was too optimistic, lol.
Why do you just assume that i'll remain high up with you? :XD
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
So, some of my thoughts

-Asako- So far, nothing much stands out, she entered the discussion about going all out with det usage and has been looking green imo, too soon to say, maybe.
- Belserion - She has the same reserved playstyle as usual, but after being called, she did start participating more, not sure what to make of her, but doesn’t come off as strange to me.
- DD - He didn;t say much, but it seems he was busy. unusual DD for day 1 for sure, it doesn't tell me much about his allegiance though.
- Farfalla - Has been adressing the mechanics and getting some people to talk here and there, my opinion that she’s more prone to green stands.
- GB - Didn;t say much and suddenly voted Marm, he does have good guts, but aside that nothing stood out to me.
- Gnut - Barely said something, I think in the confirmation Pms he said smthing about being busy, ya`ll can check too. Said he doesn;t have a secndary, while it sounds like he’s telling something, it could be a way to reduce number of suspects of being devils to reduce a list from or just a bait to mafia.
- GrySun - Has been moving conversations, I don;t get why he’s stuck with Lambu in the idea having everyone play det, but doesn’t strike me as mafia so far.
- James - Except his strange theory of mafia having 2 devils which could be a slip, his other posts were pretty normal to me.
- Lambu - Like Gry was stuck with using dets for results, I always have the gun aimed at the bird in case it poops, but I’d rather observe him more for now, neutral to me.
- Marmalade - Has given her opinion in a previous post and otherwise mostly exchanged messages with Lambu, also neutral to me.
- Mazino - Didn’t say much and was also not sharing reads, I don;t know how he plays, but expect him to participate more on D2 if the only problem is not having info enough.
- Seraph - Doesn’t sound like mafia to me, after he ame and posted more, he seems chill, more bending for town than mafia imo.
- Shad - Strangely focusing on Gry right at the beginning, he explained himself and I give him credit for pulling discussions, but not good in my eyes, more inclined for mafia in my books.
- Shinobi - Too quiet, I’d not be surprised if she’s mafia or has a secondary as town.
- Tatsu - Didn’t say much, but was also trying to pull discussions. neutral so far.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Bia, who busy is Marcie?
He’s typing as fast as a derailed locomotive.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

So far I’m the most inclined to lynch James for the early suspicion, but I shall reread before making a decision.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
@Seraph when I move my vote, you could die and imo so far you seem townish. Any take on people?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So far I’m the most inclined to lynch James for the early suspicion, but I shall reread before making a decision.
He's saying he's either Psy, Freeman or Bomb tho. How willing are you to gamble on that?
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Who would you move your vote onto? If you've decided yet
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
@Seraph when I move my vote, you could die and imo so far you seem townish. Any take on people?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



He's saying he's either Psy, Freeman or Bomb tho. How willing are you to gamble on that?
Huh, I need to read this. And Hey, better lynch Freeman early than later. I can be the last one to put a vote on him if he’s bomb too. This willing to gamble.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,677
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Ok I'm back, thoughts first:

Asako - First posts of hers I liked, all others since I didn't. She took like every questionable stance this day phase so far(imo). The gnut trusting, the no-mass-dets, and then top it all off with lots of unrelated posts about other games and the theme/avis.
Belserion - I never like Bel in any MG's D1, ever. Her playstyle and mine are too different, and I can't tell what she is due to low posting and just keeping her thoughts to herself. Nothing much of value said. Putting her above other low-posters simply because she's kinda always like this.
DD - neutral. Seems like he really is very busy since regardless of alignment DD tends to post a lot more. So no relevant posts to judge him on.
Farfalla - neutral/leaning scum. I don't like several of her posts this phase, and I'm not sure if we're just not seeing eye-to-eye or if I caught her more odd early posts and that made her shift to a more combative style. Townreads gnut mainly from comparing his posting to that of very old games.
GB - neutral. Haven't seen anything wrong yet, want to see more posts until I can rate him as a good boy.
Gnut - My main problems with gnut is how quick some people happened to rate him as town when he did nothing noteworthy yet. He himself I am neutral on, but the weird association of others is.. odd.
James - I still think it is very odd he is much more enthusiastic this game than he usually is, in a game largely filled with vanillas. I don't buy the "everyone's in the same boat" reasoning, at most it should leave him indifferent.
Lambu - I find myself agreeing to most of everything Lambu said this phase. While that alone isn't grounds to townread someone, he clearly looks to me like he is playing as town.
Marmalade - I don't feel anything much about Marmalade. I liked that she also disagrees with many gnut townreads, and overall seeing her give a list on all players this early is a rarity. Neutral, but leaning town for now.
Mazino - Barely participated. While neutral, I could see myself vote him, as I wouldn't put it past anyone to just take the afk route this game.
Pom - No thoughts on her yet, didn't post too much.
Seraph - I have been wrong about Seraph many times I townread him in the past, but I really am very fine with his way of wording himself this game. Looks very green to me.
Shad - Idk if he'll eventually spice up his mafia playstyle, but for now this whole Day he looks like genuine town Shad.
Shinobi - I know I saw her posting a bit, but still feels largely afk. Not many feelings on her yet.
Tatsu - Nothing on Tatsu either, apart from some interaction with James that was interesting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top