Games Mafia Game 115 - Inscryption - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
There's no fun to this game if everyone just spits everything out. I've always played like this. I like hinting, I dislike flat out telling.

Woj is the only one that did understand I was joking, it seems.. I mean, I'm rusty, but if I was a mafia, that would've been a fucking dead-ass mistake. I'm not that rusty. :lmao

You're hung up.
Unfortunately, a similar thing happened last game, so always good to keep things in mind. But really Xad, there was no indication that you were joking and you didn't correct us about it until later when it was starting to look worse for you. If wojak disagrees then that makes him also sus in my eyes.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Unfortunately, a similar thing happened last game, so always good to keep things in mind. But really Xad, there was no indication that you were joking and you didn't correct us about it until later when it was starting to look worse for you. If wojak disagrees then that makes him also sus in my eyes.
I was only 'correcting' because I didn't know that the joke wasn't understood until that very moment and it needed clarification.

I just thought it didn't land and everyone kind of ignored it. :oh
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Unfortunately, a similar thing happened last game, so always good to keep things in mind.
Understandable, but I have no knowledge of any previous games, especially not the ones I haven't played in.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
The 3 vanilla claims happened within the first 12 posts if I am not mistaken. So by susing super early vanilla claims, do you mean Shad's first post or Sam's? Out of the 3 of them, Xadyu claimed it last (waited like 10 posts to join Shad and Sam) - is that not suspicious to you then?
If I understood his post correctly, then he did not claim vanilla. But was pointing fingers at others claiming vanilla. I mean that’s how it sounded to me or to my sarcastic self.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
over here ooh sort of a joke but not rly; a bit like you're trying to avoid responsibility for a potential mislynch ka
You said I was backpedalling from my vote but I said that and then voted for Xadyu a bit later so your accusation doesn't make sense chronologically. I don't see how it's possible to fumble that sequence of events when there's also post numbers right there to help you out.

@SirSamuel016 help me decide between you and xadyu.

Did you believe everybody to be vanilla? Or just more than usual?

Do you believe the mechanic complement an normal game or even doc/detective/spy are locked behind the mechanic?

Just to be clear for now I think sam misread of the game setup triggered xadyu to think it safe to claim (if I ignore the sarcastic reason he gave).
I made the assumption there could be a few more Vanillas other than myself based on the game mechanics with paths offering boons to players so that stuck out to me. In hindsight there are also banes to nerf players potentially so it'd make more sense to have some actives and non-vanilla townies amongst us all.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Your reasoning sounds too safe, you agree one is mafia, but that all, you aren't taking it a step further by saying who it is.
Because I do not know who it is? Could be anyone. Sam or you.
Xad didn’t really claim “hey, look at me..I am a vanilla latte” like you two
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Btw I am not saying Xad is townie…All I am saying is his post wasn’t a vanilla town claim the way I read. Which people seem to read too much into.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,673
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Hi all. I have the Bomb Defuser role, not a vanilla, but this shit so weak so is definitely upgradeable. But don't kill me pls.

VOTE KILL SHAD

Best D1 choice as always.
oh a confirmed townie already
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Gonna head to bedge, good night town~
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
If I understood his post correctly, then he did not claim vanilla. But was pointing fingers at others claiming vanilla. I mean that’s how it sounded to me or to my sarcastic self.
That is okay, but then why didn't he say it was sarcastic earlier and instead let us believe he'd actually claimed vanilla? And "I thought people got the joke" is invalid because nobody thought it was a joke (except maybe you) and we all actually took the hint seriously. Besides a townie shouldn't be misleading his teammates like this.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
That is okay, but then why didn't he say it was sarcastic earlier and instead let us believe he'd actually claimed vanilla? And "I thought people got the joke" is invalid because nobody thought it was a joke (except maybe you) and we all actually took the hint seriously. Besides a townie shouldn't be misleading his teammates like this.
Speaks more about people’s sense of humour than anything else.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,673
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
The only question then is if xadyu slipped up
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also can't put a random vote when its this late
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Why would a mafia claim vanilla, after two people already claimed and were viewed as sus?
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
Why would a mafia claim vanilla, after two people already claimed and were viewed as sus?
Sam did say it makes sense to be vanilla since you can get things through the mechanic before Xad "claimed" vanilla, so maybe he thought it was a safe claim?
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@GrySun not sure what your status is now, but can you add the post # next to the vote, it makes our possible to order events
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Rereading xadyu I'm starting to have doubts.

If they are only 2 vanilla claim, I don't mind checking sam, as I know I'm real, let me think more.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Sam did say it makes sense to be vanilla since you can get things through the mechanic before Xad "claimed" vanilla, so maybe he thought it was a safe claim?
Okay. You have your way of looking at posts. And I have mine. Let’s see how things unfold.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If he did slip up then it is really a rookie play
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Sam did say it makes sense to be vanilla since you can get things through the mechanic before Xad "claimed" vanilla, so maybe he thought it was a safe claim?
Yes but if xadyu didn't claim vanilla.
Then this put sam in a bad light.

Because sam believed the game is likely to have many vanilla because of mechanic.

It standard mafia play to try and guess the setup and make an early claim based on that, it a good gamble.
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
Okay. You have your way of looking at posts. And I have mine. Let’s see how things unfold.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If he did slip up then it is really a rookie play
Well I am not saying I am 100% sure about him. I did reread the "claim" post and I can see how that could be sarcastic, but I am more worried about the behavior afterwards.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Yes but if xadyu didn't claim vanilla.
Then this put sam in a bad light.

Because sam believed the game is likely to have many vanilla because of mechanic.

It standard mafia play to try and guess the setup and make an early claim based on that, it a good gamble.
Maybe Sam just saw you were also vanilla just like him and simply assumed without thinking too much about it. But yes I can also see your point making sense.

Do you think there is one mafia there? Between Sam and Xad, I mean.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
  1. @SirSamuel016 - Stoat
  2. @Erinyes - River Snapper
  3. @Evil3ye - Opossum
  4. @Xadyu - Raven Egg
  5. @Copy Panda - Grizzly
  6. @Marmalade - Ant Queen
  7. @GB - Alpha
  8. @digitaldude - Skink
  9. @Shad - Black Goat
  10. @wojak - Kingfisher
  11. @Asako - Pronghorn
  12. @desin24 - Great White
  13. @Kat - Cat
People I town read until this post.
Evil3ye:
- He voted me because I screwed him once so bad, he can't live without taking revenge, completely understandable.
- If he was mafia, he would let me kill myself, he knows I'm a suicidal player, no reason to get my blood on his hand.
- I knew already that bomb defuser was no longer a 1 time use ability and I don't follow the rules thread, so I don't see why Gry felt the need to tell us, if Evil just made this gamble claim then... it may backfire later if Bomb and Bomb defuser are somehow effects given by the mechanic.

Kat:
- Seems genuinely searching for the truth, focused mainly on Xadyu issue, but then considered wojak argument and started doubting.
- I can't see any difference between the way she is playing this phase compared to the 2 other game where she was town.

Wojak:
- Defended Xadyu, if Xadyu is town, it would make more sense for mafia to let him trip on his own, why help him? when nobody was doing it?

Sharing this so everybody can track my vote intentions.
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
Let us move on from this vanilla situation for a moment - @digitaldude @GB @desin24 care to share something about your roles?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top