Games - Mafia Game 116 - Ghiblification - End Game | Page 59 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 116 - Ghiblification - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
🍃 Night Actions 🎥

Here are this game's night actions! Players are sorted by the order they die as usual.

This game was largely designed around trialling the new Serial Killer as well as trying out a new role, the Clown. Despite being solo parties, we thought it would be interesting to see if the comp itself rather than specific roles could aid and hamper these two parties. There was a faux mafia party in three death millers, as well as a freeman that the two non-towns could hide behind. We deemed this little core of semi-pro-towns necessary for the single SK to hide behind + create some competition for the Clown in terms of sus candidates. Police Officer is there to catch the criminal serial killer (only the workday of the cop ends around dinner while the serial killer prowls around at midnight 😔).

We thought the standard core of Doc, Det and Prost complemented by Cowboy would be sufficient for the town to win with, aside from their numerical superiority. Troublemaker is a double-edged sword involved for everybody. NVD and Bomb are passed along town and can completely debilitate any of the TP's; especially the Bomb could have coldly ended the careers of either one of them. The strongest asset Town had was their numbers; SK would have to survive 4~5 phases whereas Clown has to inversely fight impatience while getting lynched early. If not, the town has enough bodies to throw at the Clown timer.

Overall, maybe aside the PO, we thought the comp was relatively balanced; it was also pretty close. The Clown almost died D1 but then deflated around D5. DD was on the chopping block the whole game, and could have still died rather easily had the last vote been unplaced or just stacked on Faust. Very entertaining! Hope to see all of you guys next game again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
Serial killer list is a big buff but wojak still bamboozled me.
Hmm yeah as the first Serial Killer with a list, what did you think? This was a trial run for both this role and Clown, so the list was adapted to face this configuration specifically, but do you think with a list SK can now compete properly against other TP? Did you find that the list gave it a meaningfully different identity from just being a lonely mafia?

@SirSamuel016 what did you think about Clown in the end/

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Hmm yeah as the first Serial Killer with a list, what did you think? This was a trial run for both this role and Clown, so the list was adapted to face this configuration specifically, but do you think with a list SK can now compete properly against other TP? Did you find that the list gave it a meaningfully different identity from just being a lonely mafia?

Yeah, serial killer got a lot stronger, it's much easier to make informed kills that can help win.

wojak

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
how could we fck this game up.....
sorry Guys....your detective failed you

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks for the game hosts, it was a fun one but one that was challenging for me to approach with such a different role that really had me thinking and going back and forth over how I'd approach it.

When I received the role, my honest first thought was "What the fuck have you cooked up this time?????" :lmao I was a little anxious initially about it because I had no clue how to play it, so it required a lot of thought about how I'd try and play it. I initially claimed active to give myself options for role claims if I had to fake some shit, but ultimately the role had me thinking about every possible approach from faking a role to try and get lynched to even asking if it was 'legal' to "play" for penalty votes to help my cause which you did say was an okay thing to do 🤔 Ultimately, it was a challenge trying to figure out the best course of action and I don't think I got it right- I certainly made an impact at least falling back on the ol' GB move of faking spy only for Hermit to pop like that but after that day was when I felt stuck and like if I abandoned the spy claim I had no chance of getting lynched, but equally screwed if I stayed it with it.

Probably the right circumstances for the role to be in the game, but it's something I think is still very hard to play- not that being hard to play is a bad thing but I'd say I didn't do it justice. Maybe some room for tweaking it, but overall the role while challenging has potential for the future.

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia

Edit: damn, I should had used Ponyo
I mean who read the votelynch post before there actually votes in there
Should been in dead posts
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

how could we fck this game up.....
sorry Guys....your detective failed you
To be honest in this game sucks for dets, they mess things up for townie with all the DM :emocat

wojak

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
This chud gave no quarter to his friends or enemies. Up until the end, he steadfastly chudded along, challenging the perspectives of proponents and opponents alike. Now at the end of the line, the chud has been laid to rest. Was it enough? What will he leave behind? What could have he shared had he lived another phase? It is unclear what was true about the Detective pair, and what was a falsehood brought along by chudness.

Perhaps we shall never know.
This was a great death post....

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I liked questioning Gry
Why? I'm genuinely curious. You took nothing from the prolonged exchange but to have your own fun, forced us into a lynch between me and Farf when DD was the suggested alternative and overall learned nothing from the questioning and your mistakes. I certainly didn't have fun with you and Faust but glad to hear you at least liked it at others' expense.

wojak

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Why? I'm genuinely curious. You took nothing from the prolonged exchange but to have your own fun, forced us into a lynch between me and Farf when DD was the suggested alternative and overall learned nothing from the questioning and your mistakes. I certainly didn't have fun with you and Faust but glad to hear you at least liked it at others' expense.
Dude, I had the same role as you and could counter claim. And Sam who was involved in the maifa(dm) lynch the day before said, he had dirt on you.
In a situation like this, were you not supposed to be questioned?

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Dude, I had the same role as you and could counter claim. And Sam who was involved in the maifa(dm) lynch the day before said, he had dirt on you.
In a situation like this, were you not supposed to be questioned?
What I'm saying is that the questioning was pointless as you never cared for the responses and walked into the mistake all the same, so I'm not sure what you liked about it other than to take the piss I guess. Not wanting to argue anything, just wondering.

wojak

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
What I'm saying is that the questioning was pointless as you never cared for the responses and walked into the mistake all the same, so I'm not sure what you liked about it other than to take the piss I guess. Not wanting to argue anything, just wondering.
I hoped you'd slip somewhere...and you did not. Had you slipped, I would not have revealed my night actions and provide an alternate lynch option in Farfalla.
Because you did not slip, I was less keen on lynching you and went for Farfalla.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Oh I see. I didn’t know about the SK buff at all. I couldn’t factor it in. Was playing with ancient knowledge of the SK pretty much being a lone mafia. Really wish I had looked it up.
Panda can testify to this but I was trying to figure out why the game hadn’t ended. My traitor really through me off tbh, and it didn’t help that Asako and Faust were still alive. In the end, it was sort of pettiness that made me tie and go for a coin flip. Faust’s sudden change on his stance with DD really made me think they were lovers. Asako ghosting afterwards made me think she was scum. The traitor not being able to win unless recruited was also a huge contribution. Felt like I couldn’t win either way so I decided to coin toss. My list had Asako, Faust and Hermit as scum so this made struggle a ton on how to proceed in the final stages. When I saw both Asako and DD pretty much point at each other but tacitly approve Faust, it gave a lot more credence to my theory of lovers, with Faust being the lover. Also with DD seemingly confirming Fausts role could’ve easily been explained with SK when I was thinking of TP. I should probably re-read all the roles now.

Anyway, I had fun. I almost thought mafia allowed me live for some nights because I hadn’t played in a while. Jokes on me XD

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
On the list that the Serial Killer received, is it just a list of primary Townie Roles or/and did it have info about Primary Mafia/TP roles as well?

Is there enough info/clue on that list which can lead to the Serial Killer to realize that there was no Mafia in game and it's multiple deathmiller + 2 tp setup?

Please show the Serial Killer list.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My traitor really through me off tbh
Who did you have on your Traitor PM?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

My list had Asako, Faust and Hermit as scum
Nevermind haha

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
I mean who read the votelynch post before there actually votes in there
Should been in dead posts
But it was in the dead post, it was even in a different colour to draw attention to it .-.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
hmm, this setup looks super contrived which im not a fan of but i do like me some fairy tail so its all good(?). takes a bit of courage to build a game that way tho which deserves recognition.

very surprised with how many vanilla milla was in the game. and another tp. never would see that coming so all the flowers and kisses are rightfully yours digitaldude.

i am very disappointed in my role play and apologise to town (small ways), i selfishly wanted to be killer doc even after helping lynch a doc. might have to adjust for next time.

the avi i got is nice and made me a pure boy again. thanks.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I hoped you'd slip somewhere...and you did not. Had you slipped, I would not have revealed my night actions and provide an alternate lynch option in Farfalla.
Because you did not slip, I was less keen on lynching you and went for Farfalla.
Yeah maybe I should've slipped thrice like Sam to improve how people see me.

wojak

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah maybe I should've slipped thrice like Sam to improve how people see me.
what can I say....I was less sus of you after talking....and I did change my vote to Farfalla....what else could I have done? I just did not change my vote, I also gave everyoone a viable alternative...what else was I supposed to do after the talk we had?

Status
Not open for further replies.