Games Mafia Game 116 - Ghiblification - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
🍃 Night Actions 🎥

Here are this game's night actions! Players are sorted by the order they die as usual.




This game was largely designed around trialling the new Serial Killer as well as trying out a new role, the Clown. Despite being solo parties, we thought it would be interesting to see if the comp itself rather than specific roles could aid and hamper these two parties. There was a faux mafia party in three death millers, as well as a freeman that the two non-towns could hide behind. We deemed this little core of semi-pro-towns necessary for the single SK to hide behind + create some competition for the Clown in terms of sus candidates. Police Officer is there to catch the criminal serial killer (only the workday of the cop ends around dinner while the serial killer prowls around at midnight 😔).

We thought the standard core of Doc, Det and Prost complemented by Cowboy would be sufficient for the town to win with, aside from their numerical superiority. Troublemaker is a double-edged sword involved for everybody. NVD and Bomb are passed along town and can completely debilitate any of the TP's; especially the Bomb could have coldly ended the careers of either one of them. The strongest asset Town had was their numbers; SK would have to survive 4~5 phases whereas Clown has to inversely fight impatience while getting lynched early. If not, the town has enough bodies to throw at the Clown timer.

Overall, maybe aside the PO, we thought the comp was relatively balanced; it was also pretty close. The Clown almost died D1 but then deflated around D5. DD was on the chopping block the whole game, and could have still died rather easily had the last vote been unplaced or just stacked on Faust. Very entertaining! Hope to see all of you guys next game again.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hermit actually provided very lil, basically just mocked the hosts about the NVD
Yeah, 3 one-liners (well more like 2 one-liners and one half-line) ain't that much to work with, lol.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Welp, how big are the chances that Mafia starts with a non voter disease day 1 to pass it around for the coming nights? <.<
Well if mafia can possibly bond to lynch the Clown on D1 (ik they can't properly coordinate but they can adjust to danger lvls), then maybe that's why. Also cause maybe the game has 4 scums (3+1) and 2+ vanillas. Who knows, quite early to grasp the setup and say that's alignment indicative.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's not like I trust you since I disagree on your reasoning about Asako as I've said before (but so far thats basically perspective I guess), but again people has been too quiet, so maybe that's complacency... and we just lost a townie, I'd rather avoid losing a doctor... we got some time to talk

I guess Holtie has been quiet as well
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
im happy to lock james given his testimonials so far but dont want to force it
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Staying quiet on day 1 pays off a lot in most cases. Lean outside the window with an assumption and you are in the spotlight like I did.^^
Like you said, it's a belief thing. With a Cowboy, who can be a two-sided sword as just shown, and a Vanilla, it really reduces the numbers of potentially useful roles town got under their belt to 8 assuming we got 4 anti-towns ingame. It just feels too weak as a townie combination to me, it's why I don't trust Asako's claim. With only 10 townies, having a Vanilla is a loss in roles we could have had instead.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Dets, feel free to check me out tonight :hi

Honestly if I could vote I'd have voted Asako. But oh well, c'est la vie.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Staying quiet on day 1 pays off a lot in most cases. Lean outside the window with an assumption and you are in the spotlight like I did.^^
Like you said, it's a belief thing. With a Cowboy, who can be a two-sided sword as just shown, and a Vanilla, it really reduces the numbers of potentially useful roles town got under their belt to 8 assuming we got 4 anti-towns ingame. It just feels too weak as a townie combination to me, it's why I don't trust Asako's claim. With only 10 townies, having a Vanilla is a loss in roles we could have had instead.
asako + wojak
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dets, feel free to check me out tonight :hi

Honestly if I could vote I'd have voted Asako. But oh well, c'est la vie.
you want to get found out, eh?
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
asako + wojak
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



you want to get found out, eh?
2 Vanilla claims day 1? Which means two less targets for Mafia to worry about? My my, town really got the masterplan for this game, doesn't it? XD XD XD
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Staying quiet on day 1 pays off a lot in most cases. Lean outside the window with an assumption and you are in the spotlight like I did.^^
Like you said, it's a belief thing. With a Cowboy, who can be a two-sided sword as just shown, and a Vanilla, it really reduces the numbers of potentially useful roles town got under their belt to 8 assuming we got 4 anti-towns ingame. It just feels too weak as a townie combination to me, it's why I don't trust Asako's claim. With only 10 townies, having a Vanilla is a loss in roles we could have had instead.
Yeah I agree that it's almost a given for me that we get mafia among the bottom posters. Did we have any recent game when that wasnt the case? But I'm taking you don't rly feel good about lynching someone else if it aint Asako?
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah I agree that it's almost a given for me that we get mafia among the bottom posters. Did we have any recent game when that wasnt the case? But I'm taking you don't rly feel good about lynching someone else if it aint Asako?
I just feel that if we don't lynch Asako today, I will not vote for her again the coming days. But eh, I could vote for any of the lower aka inactive posters.

Come to think of it, how do we know that the Clown "lost" the game once the designated day arrived and passed? Does the Clown commit suicide or do we still need to find him/her and lynch him/her?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
movie ends in 24min ill be back in 14mins
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah yeah, he dies automatically, good good.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I just feel that if we don't lynch Asako today, I will not vote for her again the coming days. But eh, I could vote for any of the lower aka inactive posters.

Come to think of it, how do we know that the Clown "lost" the game once the designated day arrived and passed? Does the Clown commit suicide or do we still need to find him/her and lynch him/her?
The Clown dies automatically at the start of the Day Phase after Day X.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
the Clown wants to be lynched and inviting a read is well prolly too clumsy

maybe you're just regular m.boss :teehee
I'm not competent enough to last this long as a Mafia Boss lmao.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Day X could be around Day 4/5 if it is 3er Maifa plus Clown. I guess they would want to keep it close to what the hosts would expect to be almost the potential mafia win in case of a perfect mafia run/townie run instead of a mixed one.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Well I still think it's lazy that we risk a doc death on D1 but I don't feel like Koko is scum. Was she an early claimer last time BTW?
Based on the latest games, Id say we'll find scum among Holt, Tatsu and Hermit. I'm not confident enough to take a gamble alone tho so yeah.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well I still think it's lazy that we risk a doc death on D1 but I don't feel like Koko is scum. Was she an early claimer last time BTW?
Based on the latest games, Id say we'll find scum among Holt, Tatsu and Hermit. I'm not confident enough to take a gamble alone tho so yeah.
To me Tatsu feels the most town from the three based on her reasoning to vote for Gry, very Tatsuish when she is town. So if I had to chose between the three I would lean to either Holt of Hermit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top