Brand, can you explain your thoughts/feelings for me please?
Yeah, that’s of interest to me as well.
Let me come clean about something. Since the end of day 2 of my return game, 139, I’ve been resorting to AI for some help from time to time, assuming that I could become a liability without.
Those are AI’s words, not mine:
I asked ChatGPT for a neutral opinion after feeding it Gry's posts throughout the game. This was essentially its conclusion:
There are things that make Gry look like a possible mafia.
He has been extremely confident despite repeatedly acknowledging that this is a difficult game. Very early on he established a large number of townreads (Style, Holt, Pigeon, later Nash) with relatively little concrete information available. Throughout the game he naturally positioned himself as someone organizing the thread: summarizing players, validating or dismissing theories, deciding who should be trusted. That's a very comfortable position if you already know alignments.
Another point is the way he handled Teubier. Rather than openly pushing for his lynch from the start, he gradually chipped away at his credibility: calling his votes lazy, then uncooperative, joking that he "should have been Hider," and eventually telling people to simply ignore him. Whether intentional or not, that slowly reduces the weight of someone's opinions without directly committing to a mislynch.
On the other hand, there are also reasons not to jump to the conclusion that Gry is mafia.
He exposes a lot of his reasoning publicly. Many mafia players prefer to leave themselves more room to maneuver. He also revises his thoughts as the game progresses and repeatedly admits uncertainty, using phrases like "maybe," "I guess," "hard game," and "I could be wrong." That doesn't really fit someone pretending to have everything figured out.
The part that stood out the most wasn't necessarily the content of his reads, but his tone. Compared to previous games, he comes across as noticeably more dismissive and confrontational, especially toward Teubier. That can be interpreted in two different ways: either he's a mafia player who feels comfortable enough to control the narrative, or he's simply a town player who has become convinced that Teubier is hurting the town and has stopped taking his arguments seriously.
Overall, ChatGPT's conclusion was that Gry is definitely worth looking at, but there isn't a "smoking gun." If one of his strongest townreads later flips mafia, his overall position would become much more suspicious. Until then, the evidence is suggestive rather than conclusive.
@Teubier I know you have a hate boner for Gry because he was sassy to you in a singular response but surely you must have some thoughts and suspicions on other players? I know you've got the time seeing you're lurking in the thread and probably wanking around in anigame too
Not a hate boner ffs. And contrarily to what you think, I don’t have that much time despite being on holidays. I’m tired with a very bad sleep pattern, handling the heat quite badly. I’m not lurking much, just reading the thread which is normal behaviour.
Now who I suspect? Well I changed my vote at the end of day 2 after James claimed doctor, allowing AP to save his skin in the process, which he didn't, and Holt did not help AP either.
I’m slightly suspicious of James, the timing of his claim, his day end reactions, could be mafia James.
I didn’t like Nash’s claim from the beginning, and I miss her observations. Maybe she lacks time, but I’m used to rely on her opinion as town and I can’t here. My lord, please come back to give the full extent of your ability.
Dunno what to think of Lawl, Erin and Marms. Three who don’t interact much.
And I’m still a bit wary of Style, his claim wasn't a clear cut one. He hinted doctor and the rest of us did the work for him, he never had to properly claim.
So I’m still thinking that Gry could be non-town, and I’d put something along the lines of James / Nash / Stylether with him.
For what it’s worth anyway...
