Games MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE ENDGAME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

Oh, not that it was a hell of a puzzle or I'm underestimating you, but many people won't bother to have a look, that's why :amuse
Well, I could be assuming the wrong thing...so who knows
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

So Haku is a detective, ok. Jorpy, what is your place in this game?
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,628
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

Well, I could be assuming the wrong thing...so who knows
I'd say it's difficult to guess it wrong, but things happen.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

f7u12
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

lol

I don't think anyone knows. I've always wondered as it's a pretty pointless role. Someone who was creating roles for internet mafia came up with it as you needed a large number of roles more than just the basic mafia, doctor, detective, and regular (read: role-less) townie. You just need a lot of unique roles and some of them, such as Lovers and Paranoid Gun Owner, are a bit odd.
Actually, playing as lover is quite fun and pretty challenging! I think that about other third party roles as well. Sometimes it's not about having an useful role, but giving people chances of coming up with new strategies. If winning the game was all about the basic, it would be just really boring... (at least, I'd get bored after playing it sometimes)
 
Last edited:

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

So Haku is a detective, ok. Jorpy, what is your place in this game?
I am a townie. But at this phase of the game why are you already so interested on other's people roles?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

I am a townie. But at this phase of the game why are you already so interested on other's people roles?
Because that's the entire point... :oh
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

Saying Milly refused to wear her avatar when she never made one. Doesn't really matter...she was drunk :delerium
I made 21 (not that I had the exact number in my mind at the time), and didn't know that we had more players than avys. DD never PMed me saying he needed some moar '-'
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,628
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

I am a townie. But at this phase of the game why are you already so interested on other's people roles?
He could be a third party with less chance to win it all. If I were one, I'd love to get all the cards open first to play.
Or perhaps he's just the attacking type of player. I don't know about the past games, so, can't comment any further than that.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

I am a townie. But at this phase of the game why are you already so interested on other's people roles?
Because you don't contribute nothing, not behaviour wise, nor in any other form, so I'm asking you right away.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

Usually on Day 1 I go with the reasoning "vote for whoever will be the biggest liability whether they're mafia or not", unless there's someone really suspicious of course. This time there's no one very suspicious and no one who seems to be a nuisance to the game. Maybe it's because DD is hosting this time...

Thus, I'll cast a random vote upon someone who hasn't already gotten any. Vote kill Naomi. Sorry, darling.
I'm hoping that's the "dee" one ç.ç!
You fucking dog @.@ You always turn your back at me!

I'll just keep reading to see if I have to defend myself from something xD cause, that was just pretty random, so...

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

A game with that many players is not easy. I cannot decide whether it makes most sense to go after the active player, who talk a lot (Mej, Faust, Haku, xi0), the discreetly active, who make a constant appearance but don't contribute much (niichan, Imp, Midoban, Xadyu and Moa) or the rather very passive rest.

However, I will make some vote to get something started now. VOTEKILL FARFALLA

It not because of her saying she would be busy during the beginning period, except on weekends (if I remember correctly), it the unwillingness to read all posts, and limiting herself to those which received some thanks. This I thought is something really odd, especially for Farfalla. I can see her having a mafia role this time and that being the reason.

As for Imp, his playing style reminds me a lot of when he was the Serial Killer. I am having an eye on him, he could very well have the Mentor role, but I will not vote him out yet, before having something more to go by.
Well, I found out I'm screwed (again) at work, so when people invited me out, I accepted. I had more drinks than I should, came back not sobber, and found out a PM that the game started '-' Just posted and voted so I wouldn't be hostkilled. I woke up, had 15 mins to try to check something, couldn't do that, so I posted I'd check it later. Now I have some time and I'm managing to read things meanwhile. So there!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

That was kinda a dumb question jorped... :oh
 
Last edited:

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

Because that's the entire point... :oh
What i mean, is that at this point there isn't really much he or any of us could gather with such questions. Revealing the roles at this point wont help in anything, except making that person an easy target for Mafia, right?
Even though i participated on previous Mafia games i was host killed, so this is basically my first game, so i might prolly not understand all the game mechanics and details on my very first day
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

Well, for the start he is overlooking anything said about him, like not caring at all, nor following up questions about his role. It is like he has a special position that is standing out of the mass again. Either self-motivated in form of a third party, or some vengeful, or bomb-like role, which benefits from being killed.

And I don't really recall what Farfalla meant by the one hour a day, if it's only one hour during lunch break, or one hour internet time per day generally (if latter, then what Imp said might make sense), but either way, it's weird. And maybe we are better off killing this potential threat of having an inactive mafia player sooner than later.
1h, when I get home after work '-' I can't check the game during the day (at work) at all, cause they are really strict about the internet in this project.
Also, the internet in the hotel where I'm living sucks balls. I gotta come to the lobby to post so I do that for 1h or something and then go back home to do my other things. Not saying it will always be 1h/day xD That was just a reference.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

Well, I found out I'm screwed (again) at work, so when people invited me out, I accepted. I had more drinks than I should, came back not sobber, and found out a PM that the game started '-' Just posted and voted so I wouldn't be hostkilled. I woke up, had 15 mins to try to check something, couldn't do that, so I posted I'd check it later. Now I have some time and I'm managing to read things meanwhile. So there!
Your effort to catch up and comment on it speaks for you. Xadyu on the other hand... hmm... :rolleyes:
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

What i mean, is that at this point there isn't really much he or any of us could gather with such questions. Revealing the roles at this point wont help in anything, except making that person an easy target for Mafia, right?
Even though i participated on previous Mafia games i was host killed, so this is basically my first game, so i might prolly not understand all the game mechanics and details on my very first day
Hm, okay. But it isn't about what they say when the question is asked, it's how they say it :p
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

That was kinda a dumb question jorped...
It's my first game, give me a break :XD
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,628
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

It depends on who it is whether I'd give them a break. Maybe it's a compliment?
Like the ones you give to Milly. They almost never end.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top