Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.10

Upcoming Themes Voting


  • Total voters
    37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Well unfortunately I can't really procede on with the game just yet. I try my best to get the situation settled.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Well unfortunately I can't really procede on with the game just yet. I try my best to get the situation settled.
Yeah not blaming you. You might benefit from asking Evil if he's available though, to see if the one(s) being slow are known slow pokes/inact fags xD
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I'm sure that those who haven't PMed their night action are mourning my death.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Day 2 guys and gals, in case you didn't notice yet.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Adi isn't a very strong player (no offence).
Well thank you. :sexyarf Makes it even better with that "no offence part".
I could've been useful but oh well.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I think the minimum post number for a phase should be 25 or something. Definitely not 3. With that as the limit, people go exactly this pattern:
Post 1: "Oh, such spam, let me catch up. I was busy"
Post 2a when asked about his role: [Insert something vague here]
Post 2b when he isn't asked: "I also find X suspicious, cause Y"
Post 3: "Well, I got to go now and I won't be able to come back before the phase ends. The best lead I have is bla bla bla bla, so Vote kill X"

And in all honesty, this sucks, when you are trying to figure something out, since it's not a Mafia-only pattern to begin with.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Yeah, 3 is a bit little. But on the other hand, there will always be cases were even with the best intentions player won't have time for as many as 25. As I kept count on day 1 posts, the avarage for person seems to be around 15. so maybe 8 or 10 minimum could work.

Also the top limit of 100 is crazy high. Maybe drop it to 60 or something?
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
True. 25 could be too high if something unexpected comes up. 10 or a number around shouldn't be that tough, though, provided you can login. Since there are many players, posting doesn't take that much time with so many people present. The idea is just to prevent the "afk" players from playing.

There was no limit in the past, and that was crazy, lol. 60 can be a bit too low. You haven't seen gnut's very best yet. We will need 50 alone to keep him under control :frankerz
On an unrelated note, without gnut, it ain't fun :hi5
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,242
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
The 100 posts maximum limit was made because of Hardy's large amount of post in Game 34. And he posted an average of 70-80 posts in two Day Phases in the Fairy Tail Game.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
And that's why when I wake up there's like 50 new pages! :arf Come on, just try not to spam at least. Maybe deleting too offtopic posts and banning people for being too spamful as well?
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
And that's why when I wake up there's like 50 new pages! :arf Come on, just try not to spam at least. Maybe deleting too offtopic posts and banning people for being too spamful as well?
large number of posts do not necessarily mean there's much too read. from those 525 posts (15ppp which you probably use) you usually read 450 posts in less than five seconds each, because they are one-liner posts or votes, the rest is variable pretty much on which phase of the game it is and who is playing.

so simply referring on the amount of posts for reason not to catch up is more than just lazy.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Gotta make smaller avatars next time (if) I host.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
They take some much space in vote count up posts :D

I know, it isn't really a serious issue.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
large number of posts do not necessarily mean there's much too read. from those 525 posts (15ppp which you probably use) you usually read 450 posts in less than five seconds each, because they are one-liner posts or votes, the rest is variable pretty much on which phase of the game it is and who is playing.

so simply referring on the amount of posts for reason not to catch up is more than just lazy.
Ok then call it lazy but I was mostly referring to offtopic, spam posts, which were a lot, and it is written in my post with the same words, so it's not hard to understand.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Ok then call it lazy but I was mostly referring to offtopic, spam posts, which were a lot, and it is written in my post with the same words, so it's not hard to understand.
if its off topic, then you probably won't spend hours and hours to analyze those, you simply skip go to the next one. Which takes even less than the mentioned 5sec.

whats your point
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Ok then.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------


 

Mazino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
3,194
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
didnt the day start around 14 yesterday why is it closed already ...fk i wanted to insult the intelligence of most voters ...too late now :emocat
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top