Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, I didn't understand why so many Townies were so sure the Mentor would go for us in the night, either. I mean, if we are outnumbered by the Mafia, isn't it also game over for the Third Party? That's like shooting yourself in the foot if I got this right :oh
"so many townies" yeah right... xD
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So it's 6 against 4 now.

 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
I just hope mafias will end this phase quickly. I sure as hell dont want to wait 100 hours.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
"so many townies" yeah right... xD
Naturally, I have a few that could fit "so many Townies", but it shouldn't be brought up in the night phase.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Regarding the timezones thing with the Mentor/Mentee. I think it is a nice kick for the role to give the Mentor a Mentee from the start. However, it takes the choice out of the Mentor's hands. If communication is a key part of the dynamic, not being able to choose someone in your own timezone or more active than some is a disadvantage.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
5 against 4 you mean
ok I'm off, gl townies ^^
Oh right, this could be a crazy night though, so let's wait on the numbers. :O

But the game will get interesting if on day 4 the townies SOMEHOW find a mafia member ..
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Regarding the timezones thing with the Mentor/Mentee. I think it is a nice kick for the role to give the Mentor a Mentee from the start. However, it takes the choice out of the Mentor's hands. If communication is a key part of the dynamic, not being able to choose someone in your own timezone or more active than some is a disadvantage.
Would you like the host to ask the mentor to choose a random player at the start?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Would you like the host to ask the mentor to choose a random player at the start?
That's a double advantage. No.

I think it'd be better if it goes back to a lone Mentor next time. Niichan was just super unlucky. The Mason Recruiter starts with a Mason sometimes, sometimes not.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
There is also a cult that exists in some games they are like anti-masons, but I heard that they get outta hand most games and win them.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Would you like the host to ask the mentor to choose a random player at the start?
After reading Gary's post I was thinking:
The Mentor could be given a starting power, to be able to recruit whoever he/she wants, whenever during the day. That way the Mentor can assess the players for e.g. a few hours, and decide on a Mentee to fit his/her playing style.

Maybe too powerful however...
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
After reading Gary's post I was thinking:
The Mentor could be given a starting power, to be able to recruit whoever he/she wants, whenever during the day. That way the Mentor can assess the players for e.g. a few hours, and decide on a Mentee to fit his/her playing style.

Maybe too powerful however...
Strong players will always end up getting recruited, though.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,231
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
There is also a cult that exists in some games they are like anti-masons, but I heard that they get outta hand most games and win them.
Third-Party Mentors are called Cult Mentors. Townie Mentors are Masons with day communication and kill ability. Mafia Mentors are like Mafia Recruiters. The procedure differs a bit for each though. Cult Mentors kill Mafia by recruiting them, Townie can choose to kill a Mafia the next day if they recruit one or keep them. The one with the least procedural details is the Mafia Mentor. I guess it works like the Serial Killer, but aligned to Mafia with the ability for those two Mafia to speak during the day. I don't think they have the ability to kill in addition to the Mafia kill though...
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,688
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I was considering giving the Lovers the same ability as the Mentor-Mentee duo. In my opinion the Lovers as they are now are pretty useless and hopeless to ever make it far in a game. I think the communication ability could spice things up, as well as for the Town as well as for the Mafia too!
I thought that they couldn't talk so the townie lover wouldn't know who are the others mafia members xD But I guess that wouldn't be that bad, since they die together.

Oh, please, guys, let's have a LOL theme
~we even have a host for that now!
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Probably you will always be recruited since you spam like a mad man.
Well, I would be a candidate, but I'm not the only one who would be called "active".
But those who barely make a point in the first day and evade the talks for much won't be targeted.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
I thought that they couldn't talk so the townie lover wouldn't know who are the others mafia members xD But I guess that wouldn't be that bad, since they die together.

Oh, please, guys, let's have a LOL theme
~we even have a host for that now!
Yeah, now they can't but I want to make them talk. As they both have to get rid of all Townies and Mafia anyway, so how to win if talking is not allowed? You figured it yourself, when we were lovers, it's DAMN complicated! :darn
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top