I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
As Hydra, we frequently encounter situations we can make neither heads nor tails out of. It's tricky. You might wish you had a second head to consult in those moments—a partner of a sort.
And so on this next instalment of "Hello Hydra!" we will be interviewing players looking, relooking or settling for a second head to giddy up with!
Today features the Organized Shinigami, hoping to find someone to host a game with!
I. Describe your playstyle in 3 words or less Dumb
Raging Instinctive
II. What is your ideal partner like? Someone opposite; Smart, Calm and Sensible
III. What must someone do to win your trust (aside from having self-confirming roles)? I don't trust anyone... even myself.
IV. How do you deal with (justifiably) being suspected? Suspect them back 'cause I'm always Townie.
Good luck contestant! We hope you head out safely!
This Faust guy goes roid rage on HM's in the Top 10 game, yet, when asked to describe his playstyle in =<3 words he's dropping fucking emoji's?! Unfuckingorganized Shinigami.
I forgive them. I hope to see some better play in the future though.
Between work, writing, and church stuff, it's been pretty active over here lately. So, as much as I care about one of the animes I grew up with, I think it'd be better to sit this one out.
As Hydra, we frequently encounter situations we can make neither heads nor tails out of. It's tricky. You might wish you had a second head to consult in those moments—a partner of a sort.
And so on this next instalment of "Hello Hydra!" we will be interviewing players looking, relooking or settling for a second head to giddy up with!
Today features the Astro Shinigami, hoping to find someone to do a tarot reading for her!
I. Describe your playstyle in 3 words or less Controlled chaos
II. What is your ideal partner like? Someone easy going, with a different approach to complement me and that I can brainstorm with
III. What must someone do to win your trust (aside from having self-confirming roles)? kill Gry No Trust
IV. How do you deal with (justifiably) being suspected? I write their names on a death note. Jk jk. It's kinda bad, but I've been working on it.
Good luck contestant! We hope you head out safely!
As Hydra, we frequently encounter situations we can make neither heads nor tails out of. It's tricky. You might wish you had a second head to consult in those moments—a partner of a sort.
And so on this next instalment of "Hello Hydra!" we will be interviewing players looking, relooking or settling for a second head to giddy up with!
Today features the Mighty Shinigami, hoping to find someone to fight his rival with!
I. Describe your playstyle in 3 words or less Inquisitive, weighing options
II. What is your ideal partner like? Someone who wants to win and is serious about it
III. What must someone do to win your trust (aside from having self-confirming roles)? Act and sound genuine™. No really, we don‘t have that many professional liars so coming off as genuine shouldn‘t be too hard.
IV. How do you deal with (justifiably) being suspected? See it from their perspective, this usually lets me see where they made an assumption or otherwise jumped to conclusions without a full link between thoughts.
Good luck contestant! We hope you head out safely!