I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Dont worry man, just say "I had my role before" or hint Spy if its not the case.
Then post 6 times a day saying in your first post "Rip" to the people who died in the night and votekill in your last post.
You will make it to Day 5 without doing nothing.
In light of the size that this game is likely to be (since I don't want to limit players) and the nature of the holiday season, I'm now open to bringing on a second host. If anyone is willing to forsake playing the game for hosting it, please let me know.
Hah? Now this is interesting.
So you throw this little suspicion bomb here like a classic innocent pompom would do, but what you really are thinking is something on the line of this:
Erin and Lambu are always mafia > they frame gnut and I defend him > when he dies and shows as townie I'll get credibility and throw the lights off me > if he shows as mafia I'll just say I attacked them based on a meme." The perfect plan
Im starting to see you using that mafia way of thinking, good.
@WithYouInSpirit I might not have enough free time for hosting a game but if you dont find anyone I would gladly help you, at least with the votecount, answering doubts, sending pms ans stuff.
25 sure things and 6 pending? And that’s just so far.. Yeaaaah, sorry minna but despite everything this game has going for it, I’ll hate myself later if I don’t sign off now. (Even though part of me just tells me “fuck it, play anyway”.)
25 sure things and 6 pending? And that’s just so far.. Yeaaaah, sorry minna but despite everything this game has going for it, I’ll hate myself later if I don’t sign off now. (Even though part of me just tells me “fuck it, play anyway”.)
No need to be sarcastic. Just confirming I won’t be playing, so I can’t change my mind any more about it (which I’ve done like twenty times a day already).
No need to be sarcastic. Just confirming I won’t be playing, so I can’t change my mind any more about it (which I’ve done like twenty times a day already).