I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Lambu can give you the Deadpad link as well, Vi-chan, where people discuss the on going game from the shadows. You can solve your doubts there with them as well. Maybe Brand would also want the link, since he was basically mute during the games he played and then disappeared xD
Inviting someone to the Deadpad before they've ever played a game themselves? What is this heresy?! First you play at least one game, then you can get the privileged view from the afterlife, I say.
Besides, hasn't @Vici been following games since... three games ago or so? What's keeping you from trying one yourself? Just join already
(Unless you really don't have any time or something, but usually, if you enough have time to spectate you can play just fine.)
Inviting someone to the Deadpad before they've ever played a game themselves? What is this heresy?! First you play at least one game, then you can get the privileged view from the afterlife, I say.
Besides, hasn't @Vici been following games since... three games ago or so? What's keeping you from trying one yourself? Just join already
(Unless you really don't have any time or something, but usually, if you enough have time to spectate you can play just fine.)
I quite agree with all you said, but hey sometimes you gotta go the distance to drag people here. You’re right that she spectated enough, but vici has some fear of playing this for some reason, doubt pressuring her helps.. Just gotta be patient I suppose.
I quite agree with all you said, but hey sometimes you gotta go the distance to drag people here. You’re right that she spectated enough, but vici has some fear of playing this for some reason, doubt pressuring her helps.. Just gotta be patient I suppose.
I know, I know. I guess I'm not grasping what that reason is, but to each their own. Some people like to get in on the action, others just like to watch
No, the signups are closed but the game will still start on the 22nd, since its the date we all arranged and agreed to.
We will ultimate the stuff for the game till then.