I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
I want to play, but a day after Christmas is a bit too close for comfort. A week later (after New Years) would be great. I'm going to have to pass on the 26th though.
Damn it guys and I purposely told elu to tag those who could try to avoid it and bring the excuse of tags (looking at syx especially )
I'm going to say this now, but if a lot of you won't be able to play because it's close to Christmas I don't mind delaying the game (I need 18 players at least ) if it helps everyone
(The game still going to be xmas themed tho, imagine it being helped in Christmas even if it got delayed)
Given you want people to play between Christmas and new year, I think you announced a bit on the late side, so the later the better I think, preferably after nye. I think it would be good if you had a third host, maybe a bit more experienced, to help with balance and/or active moderation so it doesn't all fall on your shoulders. It's better to move up the timeline than spend time preparing for a game but it's inactive.
I'm fine with playing at the Original Date,even though it'll be a tad stressful, but if you're gonna move the game i'd prefer for it to be post NYE's. Voted for 3rd of January.
Boo boo, sorry for being difficult and wanting you to join the game and don't use those on me now syx, I also started playing FGO for you
Tho just have tamamo cat, to think my first servant is a cat, I feel honored
Tho the question if I stay is a matter if I be blessed or not in the future