I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
The representative is playing in one of 8 qualifying games, and those 8 games are spread out over the course of 1-3 months (probably 2 months). So it's completely fine if the rep can't play in late April or May, they can just sign up for June in the Doodle that will be sent out. And then of course, if the person is lucky, they might need to play again in the finale game
Well if it is June I could go for it. Given I had to take a free semester for the hospital stay means I got lots of free time afterwards... if the docs don't keep me longer than intended that is. And from what I read there in the mafiauniverse thread it does sound like a lot of fun. Especially because it got this "tournament" feel to it we all know too well due mangas/animes.^^
Yeah, too much fun can be work again, right? xD
Had worse Mafia DC games with 30+ players and 600-700 posts per day till we killed enough people to reduce the post spam. But it was a mafia game with mails allowed between players so I was flooded everyday with questions, suggestions and rumors and what not and if you didn't answer them all you automatically got suspicious. Good times, good times.
Well, if I can get to play at june I would mind signing up for some poll but I would probably vote for somebody else than myself who really has lots of free time between all of april - june and not just june. And even that could be a maybe in my case.
Can't wait to read those qualification mafia matches though. They gonna be a joy. <3
james cant until june he said.....we need someone to represent for the 1st game.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
you do it herms....i would have nominated you but i figured you didn't have time since you didn't bring it up yourself.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
also.....since 1person will be representing mangahelpers community...as a community are we allowed to give input to our rep?....probably not but thought i'd ask.
He can, but not in April. I'll reread the rules but I don't think it's required to be in the three sessions, it's the same game but divided into three.
He can, but not in April. I'll reread the rules but I don't think it's required to be in the three sessions, it's the same game but divided into three.