I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Here is a pm from yesterday. What he said is nothing new, I already know that i'm still a newbie but at least i'm trying, His reply is just mean and poorly written. He could have worded it better without being mean. Also it's just a game, Not a matter of life and death or will cause financial loses.
w.e I have changed my mind, I remembered why i was against this idea in the first place. The time and effort that i will invest will not worth.
Is there anyone who would like to be my co-host for a November game or is everyone already tired from all the mafia games we played? If we do School Rumble: Battle Royal I might do a Game mechanic though it will be probably more complicated than the Magic Spell one.
Also when will the rule suggestion thread open again so that I can suggest new roles again? I think I got some that might have a 10% chance to get accepted. :3
Is there anyone who would like to be my co-host for a November game or is everyone already tired from all the mafia games we played? If we do School Rumble: Battle Royal I might do a Game mechanic though it will be probably more complicated than the Magic Spell one.
Also when will the rule suggestion thread open again so that I can suggest new roles again? I think I got some that might have a 10% chance to get accepted. :3
Let's be real, 99 will fail but one gonna make it through at least. Maybe two. Maybe even three.
Hope the Werewolf one makes it.
If Bk doesn't make it as townie I gonna go the TP way with him.^^
Still, those are 97+ roles we gotta read just to fail them =-= Wich take a gigantic amount of time and effort.
Imo, that even makes us more averted to accept the few that could be interesting and fun, so when you flood the suggestion thread with those unappealing filler ones, you're just sabotaging the possible good aditions in the process...
First of all, it ain't 100 roles and you all know it. Even if we were to count all roles suggestions I made over the years we wouldn't get to 50.
Second of all, Quantity and Quality have nothing to do with each other. If there is a role that's good, it is good, no matter by how many other roles it is surrounded, it will stick out. Plus "quality" is objective, there are still plenty players who found the BK role interesting or fun, same goes for the roles suggested, some like, some don't, some make it after testing, others don't. You cannot know what role is 100% a keeper until you suggest it and either face the heat and ridicule of everyone or until it makes it into a couple games to be tested out.
Third, if you don't want me to make any role suggestions anymore then just say so and I stop. And I stop playing Mafia. And I stop the game for November as well. Alright? Good.