I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
This thread during a game triggers the fuck out of me, even when I'm not playing. Why can't people not post game shit in here while the game is ongoing? COME ON.
Because, for some highly active forum members, a night phase is terribly long. What a player does at night is (unless they are Mason or Mafia), simply login and PM if they have a role and that's about it.
I know it's somewhat for alleviating timezone discrepancies, but you can't really blame others for getting bored.
Granted, I try to keep posting here to a bare minimum even when I'm bored, but you also can't really ask for that same level of consideration from everyone, I guess, lol. I don't know.
Because, for some highly active forum members, a night phase is terribly long. What a player does at night is (unless they are Mason or Mafia), simply login and PM if they have a role and that's about it.
I know it's somewhat for alleviating timezone discrepancies, but you can't really blame others for getting bored.
Granted, I try to keep posting here to a bare minimum even when I'm bored, but you also can't really ask for that same level of consideration from everyone, I guess, lol. I don't know.
Yeah but isn't this why the private thread thing was created by Pat? I'm not sure if it's being used, since I'm not playing and can't access it either, but judging by Evil's response, I guess not.
I guess it might also be a bit of a hassle to add dead players to a list just so they can access to it. But people have tried multiple things and the only thing that has actually worked is locking this thread rofl.
Yeah but isn't this why the private thread thing was created by Pat? I'm not sure if it's being used, since I'm not playing and can't access it either, but judging by Evil's response, I guess not.
I guess it might also be a bit of a hassle to add dead players to a list just so they can access to it. But people have tried multiple things and the only thing that has actually worked is locking this thread rofl.
It was designed so Mafia and other Third parties could communicate on MH instead of other sites.
---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------
Then there was the idea that a thread for dead players or observers could be made, but like I mentioned before, it might be annoying to add those people as needed...I don't remember the specifics (Pat implemented it).
Sorry, gnut, but hey with 6 votes on you already at half the day it was very likely for you to get lynched anyway. This way we now have more clues in regards of 4 people claiming rules.
Feel so bad for Gnuty, how ironic, being shamefully sold out by Jesus himself, and crucified by plebeians. Next time join Mafia side, we welcome anyone (even whores) at anytime
Feel so bad for Gnuty, how ironic, being shamefully sold out by Jesus himself, and crucified by plebeians. Next time join Mafia side, we welcome anyone (even whores) at anytime
Dont sweat it...i was being lazy that got me killed...
Others are calling me dumb...oh well
Wasnt to dumb to believe you were townie again and grysun was dirty...
Same with pirate panda...but thats for after the game xD
---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------
I even gave a big hint when i said i was your lover and it would be a "blow" to the town if i died