I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Well I understand that as mafia you had no choice but to take the deal, because otherwise you would have been questioned. So I'll let you you with just a week.
I asked him to write the PM content, which I made clear after he said that print screens were complicated, but sure '-' I was ¨forcing him to show the PM¨.
I don't think you can post a screenshot and I don't see the difficulty in re-writing a sentence you got.
Tbh I had a talk about 'how we shouldnt use the host to find answers in the game, but solely the players' but I guess I just got too used to play by 'beating the system', like when Imp spent a whole night phase following profiles and PM activities before we had the piratepad. I see how asking to re-write a host PM is going beyond what the player alone is providing but didn't think that would break rules so it didnt cross my mind, at that point, that it would harm the game. I still think it didn't but I also don't think that 'beating the system' is a clean strategy either so I dont mind paying a visit to the hall of shame.
I asked him to write the PM content, which I made clear after he said that print screens were complicated, but sure '-' I was ¨forcing him to show the PM¨.
Tbh I had a talk about 'how we shouldnt use the host to find answers in the game, but solely the players' but I guess I just got too used to play by 'beating the system', like when Imp spent a whole night phase following profiles and PM activities before we had the piratepad. I see how asking to re-write a host PM is going beyond what the player alone is providing but didn't think that would break rules so it didnt cross my mind, at that point, that it would harm the game. I still think it didn't but I also don't think that 'beating the system' is a clean strategy either so I dont mind paying a visit to the hall of shame.
It doesn't matter, it's clearly stated in the rules not to do it. Goading people into doing it probably shouldn't be done either, but there's no rule against that I guess. But still, it's on the player to know what's allowed and what isn't, so while I don't remember your posts I don't really blame you necessarily or anything.
You are not allowed to post any screenshots, PMs or anything similar that can reveal your role, or the role of others. If you do, you will be hostkilled and banned from future games (Hall of Shame).
You are not allowed to pretend being a Daytime Vigilant, Cowboy, or other roles, that have Day Commands. If you do that regardlessly, you will get a Penality Vote.
These rules go hand in hand with each other. It isn't just screenshots either, it applies to quoting it as well. A player can't be allowed to damn themselves based off of what the host does/doesn't do in response. If Evil went by these rules, he would have let lawlett live and killed Grysun, which would confirm lawlett as a liar, something that can't ever happen. What lawlett did was ambiguous and I think he did it out of desperation without thinking, no one really objected to it or people just missed it and I guess a newer player like Gry thought it was acceptable to do so as well, when it clearly isn't. But honestly, even if he hostkilled both, the damage was done, as a hostkill can't really erase knowledge, I guess (hence me being screwed even more than I already was). If people were allowed to fake stuff like that, the game would be even a larger mess than it already can be. And then the GM is put in a position to where they're influencing the game in a way they never should.
That's why it's similar to stuff like false Vigilante claims, something that was disallowed due to digitaldude doing it in the past. Not as severe, but can be also be intentionally misleading and chaos-inducing.
I see your point, Gary, cause of what happened next (with Gry quoting). As I said solely in my defense after being atked, I was specific about re-writing the PM when the matter came out, but I do agree that quoting shouldn't be allowed and that everything that happened as a chain (as my request at the beginning) shouldn't either, hence why I don't mind the hall of shame. Its just that when it started, I didn't think that writing something would be against the rules, didnt see its consequences, but after discussing it I do see how we can fabricate PMs and quotes quite easily, so it's just the same as re-writing a sentence, I don't disagree with that now.