I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
What? No. Gry+Magi got you killed, you were mafia confrmed by a confirmed sane detective (cause demon was a confirmed townie). The PM shit affected Misho solely...
People killed you because he said you were guilty ... he only posted the pms to compare the style Evil wrote the pm so we could see if lawlett was lying or not
The intention doesn't matter, it was still against the rules and made people voting differently 99% stupid. There was no alternative to dealing with it.
What? No. Gry+Magi got you killed, you were mafia confrmed by a confirmed sane detective (cause demon was a confirmed townie). The PM shit affected Misho solely...
Affected him solely? How? I mean, I put in somewhat of an effort when I got on, but there was 0 room for me to defend myself because everyone votelocked and left. How exactly is that affecting lawl solely?
I'm not saying I would have lasted much longer or anything, or even played all that well, but that doesn't mean I deserved those conditions.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And listen, I'm not playing sides here. If Evil simply made an executive decision and hostkilled Lawl for his fake PM, I don't think Gry would have done the same thing and this never would have been an issue.
Can't we like all forget about it this one time? It wasn't clear just like the post editting. Now we know what we should and shouldn't do so it won't happen again. I mean, I don't really think there is need for anyone to go to hall of shame and skip a game. Like, I think everybody who played the game now understands what we've done wrong and we will prevent it from happening again. So maybe let's forgive and not forget about it for the future games. It was Christmas after all!!!
Can't we like all forget about it this one time? It wasn't clear just like the post editting. Now we know what we should and shouldn't do so it won't happen again. I mean, I don't really think there is need for anyone to go to hall of shame and skip a game. Like, I think everybody who played the game now understands what we've done wrong and we will prevent it from happening again. So maybe let's forgive and not forget about it for the future games. It was Christmas after all!!!
*Or anything similar* very specific ... but I mean when you rewrite the pms it doesn't clearly show whether you are lying or not. It's just that this time there was +h15 pr08l3m that showed us who was lying. In any case, I don't think it was the right thing to do but now we learned our lesson so let's just forget about it. I mean there were more mistakes in the game not just this one. So I think it wouldn't hurt if we just forgot about it and let's prevent it from happening again. But it's up to Evil ofc so
*Or anything similar* very specific ... but I mean when you rewrite the pms it doesn't clearly show whether you are lying or not. It's just that this time there was +h15 pr08l3m that showed us who was lying. In any case, I don't think it was the right thing to do but now we learned our lesson so let's just forget about it. I mean there were more mistakes in the game not just this one. So I think it wouldn't hurt if we just forgot about it and let's prevent it from happening again. But it's up to Evil ofc so
The flavor-text that Evil did definitely contributed to why people were fixated on PMs, for sure. But it's still breaking the rules...sharing PMs.
Ultimately I don't really care, but the game was definitely negatively effected by things that the players did, completely independent of scheduling or whatever Evil screwed up in the night actions. He already said he's done hosting for a while himself, "banning" himself effectively.
Well I was just saying that maybe banning is not necessery since things weren't clear enough buuut if you decide its better to ban (But like banning ppl from future game won't make it any different tbh) then be it.
That sure is useful info after the game ended. You know you were also a player in the game, you could've easily told us all that it's not allowed since you played many games, thus effectively preventing both lawl and me from ever even doing it.
That sure is useful info after the game ended. You know you were also a player in the game, you could've easily told us all that it's not allowed since you played many games, thus effectively preventing both lawl and me from ever even doing it.
He wasn't online during that time remember? He came right before his death and post few text.
Anyway this is lesson for all of us and none of should ever do that again
He wasn't online during that time remember? He came right before his death and post few text.
Anyway this is lesson for all of us and none of should ever do that again
But it started long before his death with the mortician claim, then there were several days until he died. You guys were even mafia buddies, if your plan was making the mortician claim you could've backed it up with the rules. Shouldn't even have been gary, could've also been you, lawl or panda.
But yes I agree, we should know from now on. I don't mind sitting out the next game for this, I'm just mad because it could've been avoided easily.
But it started long before his death with the mortician claim, then there were several days until he died. You guys were even mafia buddies, if your plan was making the mortician claim you could've backed it up with the rules. Shouldn't even have been gary, could've also been you, lawl or panda.
But yes I agree, we should know from now on. I don't mind sitting out the next game for this, I'm just mad because it could've been avoided easily.
Well iirc he was busy, we couldn't talk much in the pad too and he didn't show up like 2 days(or just post few times), i guessed that he was busy because of new form thing
Anyway for now imo there is no need for
punishment and if there was hermy would of done it
I missed lawl doing that the first time around. When I did see he had done it I expected Evil to do something about it. I didn't put much thought into it because I had never seen a false PM play like that in the first place and had to reread the exact rule myself. Nothing is written concerning faked PMs, but I think it's obvious to everyone now that it SHOULD be written there. If you aren't allowed to be a fake Vigilante, you definitely shouldn't be allowed to fake PMs either.
Well iirc he was busy, we couldn't talk much in the pad too and he didn't show up like 2 days(or just post few times), i guessed that he was busy because of new form thing
Anyway for now imo there is no need for
punishment and if there was hermy would of done it
I missed lawl doing that the first time around. When I did see he had done it I expected Evil to do something about it. I didn't put much thought into it because I had never seen a false PM play like that in the first place and had to reread the exact rule myself. Nothing is written concerning faked PMs, but I think it's obvious to everyone now that it SHOULD be written there. If you aren't allowed to be a fake Vigilante, you definitely shouldn't be allowed to fake PMs either.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I was on the pad every nightphase with lawl....I never saw you after the first night
It would have been the same with or without the PM. He was a dead confirmed detective by the time you got online, and that, solely (again), was enough for people to vote and leave. I personally have no problem with any punishment as I said before, but I do think you donºt have a point in that case specifically^^'
I missed lawl doing that the first time around. When I did see he had done it I expected Evil to do something about it. I didn't put much thought into it because I had never seen a false PM play like that in the first place and had to reread the exact rule myself. Nothing is written concerning faked PMs, but I think it's obvious to everyone now that it SHOULD be written there. If you aren't allowed to be a fake Vigilante, you definitely shouldn't be allowed to fake PMs either.
it's two completely different cases though. lawlett threw me off by claiming he received a PM from me, when it clearly wasn't the case. when i came across that claim, it was sort of already too late to act, and just as well was it questionable to directly do so, as he didn't include quote tags, and it might as well just be the freedom to reveal your detective results, just a little more precise with the typography - which would probably only fall into the "or anything similar" category. So it's not a black and white case, it might also be gray-blackish.
and gry, what he did would reveal a real PM, including quotes, as in ensuring everyone of the truthfulness of the text. A hostkill here would have been problematic, because it would instantly confirm his content as true (the players seeing his real role), which wouldn't have change the outcome for you, quite the opposite, it would eliminate any doubt. i decided not to intervene, also because of the case before and that gry is a noob, and wasn't aware of how severe that action was and what he really did, until some players pointed it out.
but can we also discuss lovemagi and goi at the end? i do recall a hostkill due to editing (was it possibly lovemagi, or wizzard), and why was that not added to the rules yes?
Okey we back again,firsty I edited one time
It was like that; Votekill piplup
Then I saw lovemagi's post which she says something like "Hermy why did you kill naomi,if I know you would kill naomi,I would of kill goi" or something like that then edited her post to Votekill g01
Then I wrote;
What the hell Votekill Lovemagi
So post looks like this;
Votekill piplup
------double post thing-----
What the hell Votekill Lovemagi
Then she edited her post to Votekill Piplup...
Then I wanted to change my vote back to piplup so instead of write my votekill,I deleted post and it looks like this; Votekill piplup
it's two completely different cases though. lawlett threw me off by claiming he received a PM from me, when it clearly wasn't the case. when i came across that claim, it was sort of too late already to act, and just as well was it questionable to directly do so, as he didn't include quote tags, and it might as well just be the freedom to reveal your detective results, just a little more precise with the typography - which would probably only fall into the "or anything similar" category. So it's not a black and white case, it might also be gray-blackish.
and gry, what he did would reveal a real PM, including quotes, as in ensuring everyone of the truthfulness of the text. A hostkill here would have been problematic, because it was instantly confirm his content as true (the players seeing his real role), which wouldn't have change the outcome for you, quite the opposite, it would eliminate any doubt. i decided not to intervene, also because of the case before and that gry is a noob, and wasn't aware of how severe that action was and what he really did, until some players pointed it out.
but can we also discuss lovemagi and goi at the end? i do recall a hostkill due to editing (was it possibly lovemagi, or wizzard), and why was that not added to the rules yes?
I never said lawl's case was black and white, as it's not really expressly said that faking such a thing is against the rules, but it's obvious it should be, yeah. The issue with not doing anything there is that it's easy to point to it as a reason why things unfolded the way they did after that. But who knows. I don't know about the quote tags being a requirement for the rule-breaking either, as people could just remove them in an attempt to circumvent breaking the rules. It's nitpicky as hell but there's a distinct difference about saying what you did the night prior and copying it verbatim, regardless of the format.
Well of course, it wouldn't really change anything, the damage would have been done. But that's the case with anyone who would quote a PM for a provable role. Doesn't mean something shouldn't be done about it. Magi killed him, so it didn't seem as necessary, but one could also say that Magi wasted her Assassination on him, since he should have been hostkilled.
The issue isn't with the edits themselves, it's because Lovemagi changed her vote from g01 to piplup. I didn't notice anything like that with g01's.
ofc, editing typos or grammar isn't an issue, but completely changing content or deleting entire posts cannot be allowed. in these two specific cases both(!) changed their votes too accordingly. wizzard was hostkilled by digital for less.