I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Can't make everyone happy. My priority is to pick a theme I like, secondary I'll consider practicality (how that theme turns into a game) and at third place comes customer preferences I like Sherlock, but I don't think it has enough recognizable characters. Sure if you count in every side chracter from episodes, but recurring/major characters are about 10 or so.
@Ustegius and @digitaldude: I apologize for posting in the other thread. Thank you digi for pointing it out and thank you Usted for deleting the posts.
As I mentioned, all the avies look awesomely adorable.
All expect Anna and Elsa are are from the official Disney Princesses line-up merchandise graphics. All from Disney Princesses wiki. It's a horrible thing they did to Merida when they included her in the franchise.
All expect Anna and Elsa are are from the official Disney Princesses line-up merchandise graphics. All from Disney Princesses wiki. It's a horrible thing they did to Merida when they included her in the franchise.
Well, just the Princess treatment she got later bothers me, since she was the first Princess to be messy haired, freckled, very natural looking, pretty much a tomboy. And then she is put in the Princesses merchandise line, and get the glitter, jewelry and more curves treatment. Well Pocahontas is the daughter of the Chief, so guess that counts? Mulan though just married a high ranking officer and gets some honorary titles herself too. I dont' really know or care, for this game, I stayed with the the official Disney Princesses™ media franchise line-up which consists of 11 Princesses. The wiki and fan boards (yes, it has a following as I found out) speculate that Elsa and Anna are to be soon officially added to the line-up so I used them to fill the extras.
Also gonna move these posts in the Discussion thread now.
Well, just the Princess treatment she got later bothers me, since she was the first Princess to be messy haired, freckled, very natural looking, pretty much a tomboy. And then she is put in the Princesses merchandise line, and get the glitter, jewelry and more curves treatment. Well Pocahontas is the daughter of the Chief, so guess that counts? Mulan though just married a high ranking officer and gets some honorary titles herself too. I dont' really know or care, for this game, I stayed with the the official Disney Princesses™ media franchise line-up which consists of 11 Princesses. The wiki and fan boards (yes, it has a following as I found out) speculate that Elsa and Anna are to be soon officially added to the line-up so I used them to fill the extras.
Also gonna move these posts in the Discussion thread now.
Ah, yes, I didn't even think about that. But now you mention it. Typical Disney bullshit I guess.
The same goes for Pocahontas and Mulan then? I'm not that familiar with their merchandise, but if they fit it, it's even more bullshit since they are supposed to be strong female warriors and shit.
I thought they initiated Princess Leia into the line-up too last year, or was that just a rumor?
Yeah, Mulan and Pocahontas did get a make up too. Now Pocahontas, native american girl from from year 1610 or so, wears eyeliner and red lipstick.
Don't know anything about the Leia rumor, didn't come up when I made the game. Wouldn't be too suprised though, she just appeared in Star Wars Rebels too :/
The Princess Leia thing was deciding not to sell things featuring "Slave Leia" from Return of the Jedi. Most likely a Disney decision...typical political correctness gone overboard. Obviously something like that might be too sexual for a childrens toy (sort of debatable given Barbies wtf), but I guess we're just supposed to ignore that she was literally a slave in the movie...rofl
Yeah, Mulan and Pocahontas did get a make up too. Now Pocahontas, native american girl from from year 1610 or so, wears eyeliner and red lipstick.
Don't know anything about the Leia rumor, didn't come up when I made the game. Wouldn't be too suprised though, she just appeared in Star Wars Rebels too :/
I liked her showing up in Rebels.
Although if felt really unnecessary for her to show up, that episode's plot could've been done without her. Felt like a cheap cameo.
The Princess Leia thing was deciding not to sell things featuring "Slave Leia" from Return of the Jedi. Most likely a Disney decision...typical political correctness gone overboard. Obviously something like that might be too sexual for a childrens toy (sort of debatable given Barbies wtf), but I guess we're just supposed to ignore that she was literally a slave in the movie...rofl