I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
I was thinking and if it helps somehow with the 'commenting on the game' you guys can PM me or Hardy your guesses and thoughts and we can share them later, like a bet thingy or something. I've done that in the past with other hosts (without the revealing later part, just wanted to test my guesses back then :P )
Nah it's fine for this game since we're probably halfway through, but I suggest we at least try to make a spectator/dead player pad in a future game to test it out before inherently saying that it's bad. People just feel like talking
Something like that was alrdy discussed in the past, I think there was even an idea about a hidden forum/thread for dead people/spectators.
What I recall was that people decided not to allow it and see how that 'tool' could be like, don't know what happened with it.
Something like that was alrdy discussed in the past, I think there was even an idea about a hidden forum/thread for dead people/spectators.
What I recall was that people decided not to allow it and see how that 'tool' could be like, don't know what happened with it.
IIRC after game 45(the Magi game) people searched for a way to make a pad for spectators possible, I think because Ust was mad after the whole barkeeper thing and posted a lot in this thread, as well as many other people. It ended with Pat finding a way to do it, although unsure if it's the best method. Refer to the post he made here
I don't think anyone decided not to allow it, the hosts simply didn't want to bother with it which is fine but then we're back at the "people posting about it here" thing.
Can't the Conversation feature be used like that? Hardy or Lala include the dead players and they can speculate however they want without the active ones knowing it. If another one dies, he can be added.
Can't the Conversation feature be used like that? Hardy or Lala include the dead players and they can speculate however they want without the active ones knowing it. If another one dies, he can be added.
Aye that's a smart idea actually, since Pat's way was made before the forum change. Now that we got the new forum and the handy conversation thing this could work without much of a bother on the hosts.
It sounds clever indeed but I recall that in the past some people were aprehensive with leaking, which is also Hardy's concerns, and I won't go over them^^' Specially 'cause the holiday ended for me and I won't be able to follow things properly, it will be with him, so it's really up to him. As you guys said about the lack of need to send PMs with guesses: game had proggressed a lot already anyway.
It sounds clever indeed but I recall that in the past some people were aprehensive with leaking, which is also Hardy's concerns, and I won't go over them^^' Specially 'cause the holiday ended for me and I won't be able to follow things properly, it will be with him, so it's really up to him. As you guys said about the lack of need to send PMs with guesses: game had proggressed a lot already anyway.
Well there's constantly hosts locking the discussion thread or warning people to stop during the games, so I'm unsure how well people survived 49 games..
Well there's constantly hosts locking the discussion thread or warning people to stop during the games, so I'm unsure how well people survived 49 games..