I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
I'd have to think how to make a 50th game special. had that idea of a pkm game, but got robbed of that now
GoT with tv-series characters? maybs announce big and share the work with ust, if he up for it
I'd have to think how to make a 50th game special. had that idea of a pkm game, but got robbed of that now
GoT with tv-series characters? maybs announce big and share the work with ust, if he up for it
Hmm, I'd wanna play though. have about 16 GoT avatars ready though, since my previous game was originally to be GoT TV-edition, but due to lack of players changed the theme.
Story wise a mafia got game makes no sense, why would all these characters be in the same place, why would everyone have equal vote on who to decide dies...makes no sense.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Maybe we should have a jo-jo game. Lots of cool looking characters.
I think that in order to get something special that will keep people hyped a super popular theme would be better, many don't follow some of the animes listed.
GoT would be cool, Ustie made it work twice I think, and I'm sorry about the póketheme xP There's Harry Potter, Naruto and Star Wars as well as super popular 'series' and I agree with Greg that Marvel Heroes could be cool. The majority nowadays knows those themes well, but it depends on how much Evil would like to work with them.
I only did GoT once, and only a fraction of people actually liked it because it was more books based with Houses instead of characters. People want a TV-show GoT game, but as dd said, building a story for it that makes any sense is near impossible. It would be just slapping GoT avatars at people and letting them play.
I think Marvel is good idea. It could be about the Skrull invasion.
I only did GoT once, and only a fraction of people actually liked it because it was more books based with Houses instead of characters. People want a TV-show GoT game, but as dd said, building a story for it that makes any sense is near impossible. It would be just slapping GoT avatars at people and letting them play.
I think Marvel is good idea. It could be about the Skrull invasion.