I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Yeah, in this forum, we are all as serious as Yakuza if we are not using emojis in our posts
By the way, not really related, but just wanted to note that your assessment of your own play is actually accurate. You weren't spamming once people actually started to stop talking nonsense, so there is that.
Though, that being said, you didn't need to "seriously" bother defending your "spam", either. But I guess you just learn (or rather, get used to) be chill as you play more often.
Not sure why I even wrote this old-guy-sounding advice post out of nowhere. Father time, maybe.
Ohh weell..
TFW I triggered both Gary and Panda with that one post and started that whole thing because I didn't use emotes as the damn thread is going too fast...
TFW I triggered both Gary and Panda with that one post and started that whole thing because I didn't use emotes as the damn thread is going too fast...
Well, I wouldn't say you "triggered" them. It was a confusion of sorts for both of you and that led to a mistake. Stuff happens as we are humans, time to move on.
If you liked playing, come play with us again.
Who cares if one xi0 or two gets triggered
No way I'd know what should have been the best course of action since I'm a noob to this game, so it's not like I have anything constructive to add. But the whole thing was hilarious to say the least so I've already had more than my share of fun I probably woke up my whole neighbourhood lol-ing so there's that
No way I'd know what should have been the best course of action since I'm a noob to this game, so it's not like I have anything constructive to add. But the whole thing was hilarious to say the least so I've already had more than my share of fun I probably woke up my whole neighbourhood lol-ing so there's that