I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Oh man.. As much as I really, really want to, I don't think so... Between work and family there's only so much time I have. I would be able to post at lunch and whatever time I have to spare at work, and possibly like one post in the evenings.. But from experience I need hours to spare if I'm gonna do it right, and if I don't do it right it'll only be a burden on anyone. No one likes an inactive player.
Unfortuanetly, I won't be able to make it this time, I basically won't be able to connect a great part of the day (in my time zone) the whole week, too bad was looking forward a new game,
I said there was a 30% chance it doesn't happen from the very beginning. We were working stuff out, but there's still some much to do and I had no time this week to figure things out. It's just not realistic. I mean, we can still do a small game, just that new stuff has to wait for an other time.
Alright. Game will be happening, it won't be as extreme rpg-ish as we initially wanted, that idea will be moved for another time.
So currently:
MAFIA GAME 52 Start: Oct 24
Host: Evil (main), Gry(co)
Theme: TBA(I'll let Evil confirm whether he wants to tell the theme now or just reveal when game starts)
We start on the 24th october, on some EU time. Until the end of the 23rd I'll want a final confirmation from the signed players that they're definitely in.
I'll have to check the rules to see if I can live up to whatever min post limits have been set up and so on. I'll come back to you on that one. But with only ~10 players I should be able to at least keep up I hope.