I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Kat and I are willing and planning to host a Christmas game. Would probably start around 23rd, longer day/night phases on the festive days maybe, we can see about that. We could open sign-ups soon so everyone knows in advance if they can manage around that time. We'd use the new rules too etc.
I'm not sure where to post this, since this section has no "free talk" thread so, I guess this will be my suggestion, make a sticky thread in this section where anybody can talk.
Btw I just wanted to say, if you are hosting now and you need players, send me a message linking to your game, I'll gladly join it.
I'm not sure where to post this, since this section has no "free talk" thread so, I guess this will be my suggestion, make a sticky thread in this section where anybody can talk.
Btw I just wanted to say, if you are hosting now and you need players, send me a message linking to your game, I'll gladly join it.
I've played a game here and there on the Oro Jackson Forum and i'm pretty sure they play mainly Vanilla Town of Salem but I think the idea of leaving a Deathnote could be fun. But the ones used on that forum give too much away from the game so if it were to be introduced here i'd suggest that players aren't allowed to outright accuse anyone or start a witch hunt from beyond the grave.