I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
The game will probably begin on the 19th. Gives me some time to set up PMs and finalize roles. Christmas day or night will likely run for 48 hours or even more to accommodate everyone's holiday festivities and commitments. Myself included.
I plan to start at 11pm AEDT so it should be after your exams for the 19th. As for the 21st, as long as you let me know when you won't be available, I will let people know.
I plan to start at 11pm AEDT so it should be after your exams for the 19th. As for the 21st, as long as you let me know when you won't be available, I will let people know.
Thank you for asking, but I can't I'll be busy next week and I still don't know, how to play
EDIT: Oh wait, it's not next week, it's week before Christmas, which is even worse timing. Sorry
Don’t wanna miss out on this theme but if I make it until Christmas I really don’t know if I’ll have much time, if any.
On the other hand that’s five days after the game starts so the amount of posts should be slightly lower then.
Well I’m pending for now.
(And no, I’m not asking to be killed N1 again..)