I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
It's a pleasure that you are joining this game, madam. Please, next time tag @gnut to confirm your participation or any other matters that might trouble you. @gnut is willing to help you as much as possible. If you have any trouble in game or whatsoever then tag him, PM him and every possible ways to make him see your post(s). @gnut is gladly there to help you since he is the host after all.
I hope you will enjoy this game and have a lot of fun.
Other things you shouldn't say:
"I'm a normal townie." (really, having bulbonic plague would cause less people to want you dead than that)
"I'm passive... I think." (Wyis, 2017)
"I have a night and active role." (leads to a russian roulette)
"I'm a Prostitute and my role fits Connie 'cause he's a bitch." (altho saying anything Kato would say might lead you to die)
"I used my role to protect Emperor 'cause he's cute." ( '_' who the hell would believe in that? might not get you killed, but people will never drop your ass after it)
"I'm Vandred." ('cause of deaths before Night 2).
The theme isn't even decided yet. Though maybe people are right and hero academy is more for a game with some extra system, so I may just go with Ace Attorney.
Regardless of the theme, there's no avi-picking for anyone this time.
If 1 day makes a big difference for anyone else or any of the pending folks @Purity of Magi@Zasz@Lady pompom then I'll consider moving it to the 3rd. If not then probably not.
"I used my role to protect Emperor 'cause he's cute." ( '_' who the hell would believe in that? might not get you killed, but people will never drop your ass after it)
Other things you shouldn't say:
"I'm a normal townie." (really, having bulbonic plague would cause less people to want you dead than that)
"I'm passive... I think." (Wyis, 2017)
"I have a night and active role." (leads to a russian roulette)
"I'm a Prostitute and my role fits Connie 'cause he's a bitch." (altho saying anything Kato would say might lead you to die)
"I used my role to protect Emperor 'cause he's cute." ( '_' who the hell would believe in that? might not get you killed, but people will never drop your ass after it)
"I'm Vandred." ('cause of deaths before Night 2).
Please do not forgot the most important part:
'If you're agreeing with Magi's night role results (detective, doctor etc.), you're mafia with her. Reason? Just because.'
"I used my role to protect Emperor 'cause he's cute." ( '_' who the hell would believe in that? might not get you killed, but people will never drop your ass after it)
).
@Arjuna, I'd appreciate it if you put those pages (the earlier post too) in spoiler-tags. Not only for those bandwith-less fucks among us, but moreover that you just spoiled me.