I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Oh speed mafia always sounded very interesting and fun, I think people tried here once, not sure.
Basically you need people to be very comitted to spend something like an entire afternoon in it '-' which wouldn't be thaat much different from playing it in real life, I think?
Oh speed mafia always sounded very interesting and fun, I think people tried here once, not sure.
Basically you need people to be very comitted to spend something like an entire afternoon in it '-' which wouldn't be thaat much different from playing it in real life, I think?
It's been almost half a decade, can't find a freaking link explaining it.
But, long story short (iirc) you play in a platform like skype or discord, instead of lasting several hours days last some minutes (10/30), whoever dies leaves the conversation... And thats kinda it?
It's been almost half a decade, can't find a freaking link explaining it.
But, long story short (iirc) you play in a platform like skype or discord, instead of lasting several hours days last some minutes (10/30), whoever dies leaves the conversation... And thats kinda it?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Could be. Kind of rough times coming in just some weeks though, plenty of exams.
Games would be smaller ofc...
Would give newer players s chance of experiencing a game without having to much data and post to research.
Also the availability,if we can get it going will be every weekend or so unless therr is a themed game in process.
And even still it would be possible to host speed games.
I talked it over with my girl and she liked the idea...because the time commitment was precisely why she doesnt play anymore.
I think people may have the wrong idea...but this is no way a replacement for themed games,only another opportunity to play.
If we were to do it....people would already have the thought of a game on the weekend.
Would be no scheduled time....only a notification of the hours someone would be available to host.rather it be in the a.m. or p.m.
Games would be basic structure and the smaller groups of 8-10 players lead to less post but of higher quality.
Would be a good Mafia 101 imo...
I haven't dropped by the Mafia cat for awhile due to other commitments. As I've just started University, I'm going to be busy until about April, which is when I want to host another game. Feel free to hold your own game in the meantime. I just wanted to lock in a game for late March/Early April