I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
will we use some of the new (and approved by three Hosts) roles I put into the role suggestion thread? Like Shapeshifter, Old Cat Lady or the Mafia Apprentice from gnut?
will we use some of the new (and approved by three Hosts) roles I put into the role suggestion thread? Like Shapeshifter, Old Cat Lady or the Mafia Apprentice from gnut?
Uhm, I really like the Shapeshifter one, seems like an actual third party menace (with serious chances of winning if let loose).
The problem is that I already have the game pretty much set, with roles and mechanic decided so... I dont know if I want to try this one when the special mechanic is already balanced.
Yours? Pretty sure it was James He suggested the mafia apprentice together with the town apprentice like a year ago, but only the townie one passed. He then lately came up with a more interesting twist to it, but it felt kinda unstable to me that he can become a role I didn‘t plan to be in the game so I‘m more indifferent about it than the other two.
Uhm, I really like the Shapeshifter one, seems like an actual third party menace (with serious chances of winning if let loose).
The problem is that I already have the game pretty much set, with roles and mechanic decided so... I dont know if I want to try this one when the special mechanic is already balanced.
Yours? Pretty sure it was James He suggested the mafia apprentice together with the town apprentice like a year ago, but only the townie one passed. He then lately came up with a more interesting twist to it, but it felt kinda unstable to me that he can become a role I didn‘t plan to be in the game so I‘m more indifferent about it than the other two.
Don‘t let em force you Use the roles you and spriggan want to have in it.
I did? Uh, maybe I did, I dunno. I suggested so many roles over the time I lost sight of them. But if it gave gnut some sort of hidden inspiration that cut loose last time and got enough support then that's good. As for your critic of the mafia becoming something you haven't planned for, I did made another Mafia Apprentice version where the Mafia Apprentice can only "replace" a dead Mafia buddy's role which he has to chose at the beginning. So kinda like the Townie Apprentice but instead of following a couple nights, his role activates when his mentor dies. So if he follows the Janitor he becomes a new Janitor once the old one dies, same with other roles like Escort, Mafia Poisoner, Pirate, etc. I would forbid following Mafia Boss though, as fun as it would be if a Mafia Apprentice changed his guilty result into innocent after a couple days when the Boss he followed died, it would fuck up the entire game's mechanic where the Mafia had only one Mafia Boss so if you happened to get him, you knew you only had to worry about finding the guilty ones.
I am very sorry to say this but I won't be able to play this game. I love mafia and I love Lotr even more but I definitely won't be able to spend the amount of time I would want to into this game since I'll have a flight on that exact day and spend there two weeks.
I forgot to mentioned that I'm be leaving to go on a Ski Trip in 2 weeks with my family and I'll be gone for a week so I thought I let you guys know but I still want to play mafia.
I forgot to mentioned that I'm be leaving to go on a Ski Trip in 2 weeks with my family and I'll be gone for a week so I thought I let you guys know but I still want to play mafia.
@Lambu u can take me off pending. Things got changed and let's say that I got even less time on those dates then I had (not really surprised tbh lol) Sorry man. Next time maybe. :/
@Lambu u can take me off pending. Things got changed and let's say that I got even less time on those dates then I had (not really surprised tbh lol) Sorry man. Next time maybe. :/
tss a game without me and demon, thats such an heresy !!!! Next game ill be Eraser head and be sure ill erase everyone with anillimited vigilanterole !!!!!!
tss a game without me and demon, thats such an heresy !!!! Next game ill be Eraser head and be sure ill erase everyone with anillimited vigilanterole !!!!!!