I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Sorry for the delay guys, but as I said my son started to go nuts and the codes weren't working with me in the original post.
I didn't forget the roles, okay.. maybe I did. But I already wrote them down somewhere. The PMs took so long because the theme of the game is fucking confusing and I was scared to send wrong PMs to the right/wrong persons.
Hm, I'd recommend against deleting posts that happened past the end phase. We either commit on not posting after the time or leave them.
It doesn't look fair that half of the players can read those post and half can't.
(I mean, for a normal game, I get it; for a speed one, sounds unfair)
Hm, I'd recommend against deleting posts that happened past the end phase. We either commit on not posting after the time or leave them.
It doesn't look fair that half of the players can read those post and half can't.
(I mean, for a normal game, I get it; for a speed one, sounds unfair)
Hm, I'd recommend against deleting posts that happened past the end phase. We either commit on not posting after the time or leave them.
It doesn't look fair that half of the players can read those post and half can't.
(I mean, for a normal game, I get it; for a speed one, sounds unfair)
I agree. Here, the pace is so fast that when those posta a written, they haven't seen the day end yet. If you delete them, some might have seen them, some not, and that makes it rather unfair. It's a different thing to delete posts that are done more than 5 minutes after the end of phase.
In the end, me, Demon, Holt, Gry and Ustie can see them, the rest can't (it doesn't matter for me anymore tho '-'" )
Sooo... yeah, I'd say you guys should revert it and just try to commit to the timing for the future phases.
(or someone can see with Xad if he wants said person to lock the thread whenever time is up)
In the end, me, Demon, Holt, Gry and Ustie can see them, the rest can't (it doesn't matter for me anymore tho '-'" )
Sooo... yeah, I'd say you guys should revert it and just try to commit to the timing for the future phases.
(or someone can see with Xad if he wants said person to lock the thread whenever time is up)
No, I don't? o.o
I thought Bia couldn't either. I get why you can, now that I think about it, since you also hosted. Since Bia didn't yet, I assumed she couldn't (and well I forgot about you)
No, I don't? o.o
I thought Bia couldn't either. I get why you can, now that I think about it, since you also hosted. Since Bia didn't yet, I assumed she couldn't (and well I forgot about you)
C'mon, you know he wants to be you '-' *wink wink WWWR*
No, I don't? o.o
I thought Bia couldn't either. I get why you can, now that I think about it, since you also hosted. Since Bia didn't yet, I assumed she couldn't (and well I forgot about you)