I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
I sure would want to join you guys, but to make it short: I'm still having internet connection problems and already sent a notice of termination to my internet provider. I probably won't have internet connection at home in July (only via mobile phone), since I was too lazy/busy to look out for a new provider as of yet.
It is the Telekom. Til now, I actually had a very good experience with them, hence I never considered to change my provider, even though there have always been better offers from cost point of view.
It is the Telekom. Til now, I actually had a very good experience with them, hence I never considered to change my provider, even though there have always been better offers from cost point of view.
Ah. I had a few problems with them but overall it's working fine. 1&1 tho, those are scum But they work for some, so I guess it's just random law of the universe which provider works for you.
Thanks for the tag. I'd love to try another one here. I'm not sure about my availability mid-July though, so I'll wait until the last days of sign-ups to confirm or not.