I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
I d like to try a speedgame, but its tricky, i will be at my family place, might be free for the game but cant promise, i have no idea at what time ill be back, im depending mostly on people who drive me or on tranports. I think i ll try next time when im sure im at home.
So, who'd be interested in playing a speedgame on 08.07., starting 18 CEST? Likely lasting 3-4 hours. The time isn't set in stone yet so if more prefer an hour earlier/later then that's fine, but the date is certain.
10 players max should be the best number. Fast and simple. Spots reserved for the hosts of the upcoming big game if they want them.
You know, ever since I sent out the notice of termination to my internet provider, my connection problems got less and less.
Actually, I shouldn't have available internet connection by now. I didn't even a receive a confirmation of the termination yet, and I'm too lazy to check, lmao.
TLDR:
Count me in. I would appreciate if we could start earlier, but it's not a blocker.
You know, ever since I sent out the notice of termination to my internet provider, my connection problems got less and less.
Actually, I shouldn't have available internet connection by now. I didn't even a receive a confirmation of the termination yet, and I'm too lazy to check, lmao.
TLDR:
Count me in. I would appreciate if we could start earlier, but it's not a blocker.
Well, even if the Telekom happens to cut my internet connection during this week, I'll still be able to play/post via my mobile phone. I think that should suffice for a speed game. : )