I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
I'll answer your questions in order;
1. Usually, if you see a sign-up at the top if the thread, all you have to do is indicate you're 'in' and want to play and sit back and relax.
Usually. This game in particular we're not accepting noob players, new members or members we've confirmed to contribute little to the game. We had a new member (but allegedly pro MG player) in the previous game he caused nothing but n problems (and by afk'ing, the eventual victory of town).
We do host games for noobs and new members, and some host could accept you into the main event too, but not us this time.
2. Please check out the 'Rules' thread in this section. Lately, all our games have been custom xd. And no, only designated members can host a game. So randoms like you can't come in here and start hosting, no.
Please check back later, you might be able to play the next one. It's just that at this point, I'm kind of tired of absolute noobs coming, posting thrice and then calling it a day. I'm not saying you're like that but don't feel like taking a chance on you.
Correct me if I‘m wrong, but.. don‘t you already have people that don‘t fit your criteria but are still signed up? I see both newbies and afk people in the list.
Ok I got my schedule and I dont know what to do...
As it is I would be completely unable to play on Day 1, specially if the game starts early on. Then the hypothetical Night 1 would be hell for me too since it would catch my sleeptime that I cannot miss.
Then I would miss half of Day 2 and then... have plenty of time from then on since I would have a free day after that. My schedule also softens after this.
I would like to play a lot, since a game from the golden trio is simply amazing, but I also think its not fair that I afk again through the first steps of the game.
What if D1 starts late? Like, proper evening time? Would you then be able to make a few daytime posts?
Briefly ignoring the other hosts/players, I have a cutesy visitor flying over sometime mid-late august so Id rather not risk that visit messing with the game. As long as the net amount of players able to have a good time increases, playing around with dates doesn't matter too much to me as long as its not pushed too far up basically.
Today or tomorrow, depending on how much time I have, I’ll figure out schedules and post so everyone has a better idea of what hiphop happens when.
That would be ideal, since I would at least make it to the end of the D1 and read something so I can discuss.
Otherwise I would still have time to post 3 times (everyone has time to do that at least) its just that making 3 "shitposts" with a vote in the third is pretty much the same as afk in my eyes... so I want to do things right.