I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Hah.
Last game i had little time to play during the first day, then i would have been fine. I still decided to play; i got slaughtered D1.
Next game i'll be busy for the first 5 phases. Why should i bother trying?
I don't know how you guys can play at work, personally i can't and i don't want to try. So i'd be able to play only during the evenings, which is not enough.
5 is a lot, I say at least the first 3/4
Also the real reason you were lynched the first day wasn't because you were inactive but because of your random vote and form what holt said, even after you voted, you were still lurking.
Sure, if you wanna be the guy who just stares at his phone during the whole thing. And with the amount of posts the games have had lately, just checking now and then isn't enough... since that'll let you read like 10 posts out of 100 and then you're way behind. Even worse then if you're Mafia.
I still think that you can play and read everything and contribute as long as you're not out all the day, you can check form time to time.
Well it's your call if you think you can play or not, but for me I definitely will try my hardest to be in game if there a place (because active people have the priority) as this could be my first panda game, I'm still pissed that last time I didn't even have the chance to play and got killed off N0
Out of all people, I didn't expect panda to persuade me to play Mafia XP
There's still a bitter taste in my mouth from the recent MGs I have played (not counting this year's MU championships), but I've also grown attached to it. I guess that's due to me hosting with great people.
....For you then, I'll have to see my schedule if it fits. Pending.
I remember you playing the Umi game (which I think was your first?), have you played others?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I posted a Google Calender concerning the game first 6 days.
Also, in the Role Suggestion thread, I posted an updated role list. Please check it out, I hope to be able to host with those roles. Check it out, share yo thought
5 is a lot, I say at least the first 3/4
Also the real reason you were lynched the first day wasn't because you were inactive but because of your random vote and form what holt said, even after you voted, you were still lurking.
My vote wasn't random. I had no clue about who could be mafia, but i still had to vote before leaving, and had to votelock sicne it was adding a bonus. I votelocked you, because you votekilled me.
And what Holt said was false. I was working the whole day after i voted; i came back once like 2 hours before the day ended, to check how much time was remaining. The next time i logged in, the day had ended and i was eliminated. I never read anything and i definitely wasn't lurking. Saying i was eliminated out of spite because of what happened in previous games would be more honest. Especially from you, considering you voted against me almost immediately when the game started.
I wasn't saying i got eliminated because of my inactivity. The fact that i was busy at work meant i couln't defend myself; i could have explained my vote, i could have avoided that silly "he's still lurking" thing, i could have even revealed my role. But i was away, so nothing prevented my elimination. And the week of the next game will be even busier for me i think, so yeah. That's pointless for me to sign in.
I also ironically enough have much less time to play when I’m on vacation (because when I’m working I usually have some hours to spare, but at home I’m parenting 24/7).
But what the hey, put me down for pending so I can instead in all likelihood pull out at the last minute () - at least I’ll have to stop debating with myself at this very moment.