I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
The hardest part of this is deciding which characters to use
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So for the ones playing, if there is a character or moderator that you are interested in the above spoiler (bar Da Vinci and Sherlock ofc), you can pick if you want. Otherwise I will randomize.
I guess it’s something we just do here. Google also corrects me to Jeanne d’arc if I try to use de. Since I don’t know French, not sure why it is like that. Maybe it stemmed from American laziness decades ago. Even her father is Jacques D’Arc. It’s just common. We even have Jeanne D’Arc Federal Credit Unit and Jeanne D’Arc shops. Nobody uses de.
I guess it’s something we just do here. Google also corrects me to Jeanne d’arc if I try to use de. Since I don’t know French, not sure why it is like that. Maybe it stemmed from American laziness decades ago. Even her father is Jacques D’Arc. It’s just common. We even have Jeanne D’Arc Federal Credit Unit and Jeanne D’Arc shops. Nobody uses de.
I guess it’s something we just do here. Google also corrects me to Jeanne d’arc if I try to use de. Since I don’t know French, not sure why it is like that. Maybe it stemmed from American laziness decades ago. Even her father is Jacques D’Arc. It’s just common. We even have Jeanne D’Arc Federal Credit Unit and Jeanne D’Arc shops. Nobody uses de.
As Gry pointed out, the dates didn't help me pick xd So I think I'm going to host 'sooner' than 'later', meaning between 7 and 10. Announcement up later today or tomorrow