I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
FGO is a VN format. It’s hard not to pull from that theme especially with singularities like Shinjuku and Salem. Not sure what you’re implying.
Especially considering Murder at the Kogetsukan is a whole fgo special event coming soon in the NA server. The spirit of mystery and murder lives strongly with this theme:
I know, meant the ones after mine. Since on the countdown I saw I posted with 3 seconds before it ended, then refreshed at 0 and no new posts, so it shouldn't have counted. You can also see it based on how at the post itself it says 3:49 on mine, but 3:50 on the next, meaning it was posted after the countdown ended. I'm sure there's a detailed view some mod or admin could see that it was after 3:50 when the countdown finished.
But, as I said, no point arguing on it. Just think it shouldn't have counted.
I know, meant the ones after mine. Since on the countdown I saw I posted with 3 seconds before it ended, then refreshed at 0 and no new posts, so it shouldn't have counted. You can also see it based on how at the post itself it says 3:49 on mine, but 3:50 on the next, meaning it was posted after the countdown ended. I'm sure there's a detailed view some mod or admin could see that it was after 3:50 when the countdown finished.
But, as I said, no point arguing on it. Just think it shouldn't have counted.
Countdowns aren't a definitive element on deciding when a thread is closed, and hosts can pretty much decide however they want to handle it. In my opinion the rule of thumb should be that once the hosts close the thread or say "Thread is closed" (a better option), that's what marks the point where everything that comes after stops being counted.
We can decide on an official rule, though, since the issue seems to come up every other game.
Let's all cheer for this years MH Mafia Championships representative @GrySun! Go go Champion! In unforeseen events, he'll be backed up the fabulous @digitaldude