I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
2 major updates:
1) I have exited the bathroom and I am not so full of shit anymore
2) I am not crazy my mother had me tested, although she does regret not going with that follow up appointment
Ok, it was a bunch of work but I listed the faction win totals HERE
You can take your own conclusions from it (like some hosts heavily favouring towns and making it impossible for mafia to win #salt).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I tried to add to some years relevant information that affect balancing, for context. I cannot be arsed to do the research for exact numbers but I think saying something like "2015, James adds 15 new roles and fucks the whole game" would be important.
Ok, it was a bunch of work but I listed the faction win totals HERE
You can take your own conclusions from it (like some hosts heavily favouring towns and making it impossible for mafia to win #salt).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I tried to add to some years relevant information that affect balancing, for context. I cannot be arsed to do the research for exact numbers but I think saying something like "2015, James adds 15 new roles and fucks the whole game" would be important.
Ok, it was a bunch of work but I listed the faction win totals HERE
You can take your own conclusions from it (like some hosts heavily favouring towns and making it impossible for mafia to win #salt).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I tried to add to some years relevant information that affect balancing, for context. I cannot be arsed to do the research for exact numbers but I think saying something like "2015, James adds 15 new roles and fucks the whole game" would be important.
Evil seems to "favour" mafia teams (HE WANTS TO MAKE YOU THINK) but his total is more balanced due to supportive co-hosting. Same applies to me I guess.
Evil hosted the most games (a whopping total of 25). Panda and Gry come second at 7, then a bunch of us at 5.
DD and Nii think you guys are all idiots so they make the game easier, they both record 5 games each with no mafia / third party wins.
2011 and 2013 had the most games (11) followed by 2018 (10). The latter two heavily favoured townies handing them 7 wins in each year.
How can a host favor towns over mafia or any other group? I don't get that. Aren't Mafia roles a constant or hosts can nerf and buff whatever they like?
I think he doesn‘t mean intentionally, just going by the results alone. Which don‘t tell much as some games are really close, or one team throws it hard.
How can a host favor towns over mafia or any other group? I don't get that. Aren't Mafia roles a constant or hosts can nerf and buff whatever they like?
Because the host decides the setup of the game, the number of players in each faction and how strong their roles are and how they interact (plus, if there are specific mechanics and how they affect the game).
Eg, that Panda game that had a mechanic that revealed all mafias. Thanks Panda.
It's not intentional but it's a thing. Looking back, I admit my latter setups favoured mafia teams. I recall back in the Nii games that he wanted to give a different role to everyone (avoiding vanilla townies because people bitch otherwise) but there were barely enough roles, so all town had to do was reveal their roles and it would be gg.
Another piece of trivia: up until 2018 it was much better to be cancelled than a third party. Since then, there have been 3 third party wins and no cancelled games, the last in 2014 (I believe you can make a comeback third parties, si se puede ).