I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Going into details, I think with proper time available and dedication (like... 1 or 2 hours per day in your desktop, to be able to properly read 1000 not very spammy posts per 24 hours, not counting nights for rests granted), anyone in here can go and have a shot. Don't feel discouraged.
The playstyle is very different, almost a completely different game, but again you can probably grab things you learnt here and apply there. I'd 101% suggest to play a practice game before, though, and see if it's your thing.
In there they play hard (it's a game about finding murderers after all!) but at the end of the day it was a very welcoming community (moderated quite closely so there isn't a culture clash nor any hurt people).
Went in there making fun that we play YOLO and yet I ended up being probably the worst in there because of my personality.
I played quite well for two whole cycles and was a trusted townie which is very important to project. But then some shenanigans happened and I got stuck with one idea and that one only. Talked mad shit TO TOWNIES thinking they were mafia and wouldn't let go. Was adviced to, and I never did. To the point that I was going against to things I had thought originally just to fit this one idea. Mafia abused this and we lost.
It ended up being a very personal game and I learnt more about myself than the game (and I learnt a lot about the latter), for the better as I have to sort some things out. It's only been a day and I'm much happier and it's nice to know where to improve and how.
I'll probably reconsider playing here more, because we have a nice fun bunch of people in this community and our silly careless way to play this game is just very... Pleasant. Just surely won't be very invested because I don't think it's good for any sort of schedule I want to have looking forward.
Much love o/
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Oh a bunch of people said I was funny so I can celebrate that I guess, lmao.
Hell no, I'm pissed I couldn't watch him today. Guy is finally playing my favorite game. It was hurtful having to cope with current wow just to watch the bald.