Shounen Magi by Shinobu Ohtaka

Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2016
Messages
525
Reaction score
222
Country
North Pole
Detective Conan is currently Shogakukan best selling title. When I say currently, I mean according to recent charts, I haven't checked what's Shogakukan's best selling mangas of all time.
Oh I see! Well I am glad that magi is second then <3

We say it as Ja'far=جعفر in Arabic, the (') is used in here because there's no equivalent for the letter (ع) in English. I write it as Jafar because I'm lazy :P

Here's who's Ja'far is based on.
Haya-san, you speak Arabic? May I ask where are you from?
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
It's a good number for three weekend days of sales.
 

Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2016
Messages
525
Reaction score
222
Country
North Pole
Magi is actually top 4 not 5. And I think that the sales are good for three days only.

I wonder how the indivitual chapters of magi are ranking in Shonen sunday...
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
In last five issues Magi has been 4th, 3rd, 16th, 4th and 12th. Nothing out of ordinary.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ice

Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2016
Messages
525
Reaction score
222
Country
North Pole
In last five issues Magi has been 4th, 3rd, 16th, 4th and 12th. Nothing out of ordinary.
That's interesting to know. Thanks :)
Where do I find the ranking of evwry chapter? Is there a link?
 

Reyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
450
Reaction score
466
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Magi 30 debuted in the top 5 this week and sold 144,612 copies:

Link

Major is a popular baseball manga that's often in the top 5 in the Sunday weekly ranking. Overall, this week wasn't a very good one for manga sales compared to before, but it's worth noting Magi sold better than its rival, Fairy Tail.
Wonder how it would of fared if it came out last week where Jump was king.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-13/japanese-comic-ranking-july-4-10/.104276
 

airmattress

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2014
Messages
2,214
Reaction score
983
Gender
Hidden
Country
Joker

Reyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
450
Reaction score
466
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You're comparing 7 days worth of sales for those series to only 3 days for Magi..

It sucks that the sales dipped a lot compared to 2013-2014, but they still manage to get to 500k sales after some months, and it's still one of the best selling for the magazine so yeah..
Not really I'm just wonder how it would have done if it release near more competition.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
That's interesting to know. Thanks :)
Where do I find the ranking of evwry chapter? Is there a link?
The rankings get consistently posted in the Shonen Sunday thread.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ice

KumagawaMisogi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 28, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Country
United States
Does anybody remember the chapter where Aladdin compares alibaba and sinbads different styles of ruling? Like how alibaba walked with the people and the people flocked to sinbad?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,446
Gender
Male
Country
France
Does anybody remember the chapter where Aladdin compares alibaba and sinbads different styles of ruling? Like how alibaba walked with the people and the people flocked to sinbad?
It's Chapter 307 I think.
 

twilight2020

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2014
Messages
344
Reaction score
99
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
You're comparing 7 days worth of sales for those series to only 3 days for Magi..

It sucks that the sales dipped a lot compared to 2013-2014, but they still manage to get to 500k sales after some months, and it's still one of the best selling for the magazine so yeah..
You cant compare recent sales with those in 2013/14, magi have anime during that time, but no anime now, although you might argue AoS anime might bring in some newbie to the series.

Also if I am not mistaken kou arc vols sold better than at arc vols, so magi sales is not dropping but more like a v-curve.
 

airmattress

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2014
Messages
2,214
Reaction score
983
Gender
Hidden
Country
Joker
You cant compare recent sales with those in 2013/14, magi have anime during that time, but no anime now, although you might argue AoS anime might bring in some newbie to the series.
?? Why? There are series who didn't drop nearly as much as Magi did with their anime ending (we're talking about 200k sales drop)
Also if I am not mistaken kou arc vols sold better than at arc vols, so magi sales is not dropping but more like a v-curve.
nah that's just the impression everyone got because of how much trashtalk the AT arc received, but after the anime ended pretty much every volume sold lower than the previous one.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
?? Why? There are series who didn't drop nearly as much as Magi did with their anime ending (we're talking about 200k sales drop)
Notable and numerous examples being?

Just going by the same shitty studio that made Magi anime: after their respective anime end, Blue Exorcist sales dropped by 350000, Seven Deadly Sins - by 200000, Fairy Tail - by 150000.
 

Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2016
Messages
525
Reaction score
222
Country
North Pole
The rankings get consistently posted in the Shonen Sunday thread.
Thank you so much <3

I like how most of the recent chapters have been ranking very high!

And in regards to sales, magi is doing great for an anime-less manga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Wohooooo magi selling 307k in 10 days!!!!!!

Magi best manga ever :3
--- Double Post Merged, ---
@Hayatempest
(As suggested)

So yeah, I highly recommend the anime. The music is superb. I have gotten both CDs of the OST and let me tell you: Shiro Sagisu is a genius. If magi ever gets a 3rd / 4th season I want this guy to compose the music.

While I also hate how they crammed 12-ish volumes into 25 episodes, I still like the original take of the anime on the finale of season 1. I am not a fan of anime original contents, but it was nice seeing an alternate conclusion to the finale of season 1. Depraved Alibaba made sense and the way they got him back was really well done.

Season 1 also gave me the the HV activation scene of Mor-san. And to date I have yet to see a more enotional and tragic scene in any anime. Everytime I watch this scene I get goosebumps. Sentiment actuel of Shiro strikes again full glory.

Season 2 was also amazing. I can never get enough of the medium fight. The sucky art does become apparent when I watch it on our huge TV screen but at least on my iphone and laptop it looks rad :3

I def think manga creaters do support the anime counterpart as a good / popular anime can do wonders to sales. Magi had a huge spike in sales because of the anime and two years after the anime ended the sales are still going strong * knock on wood*

I am really hoping that they'd be adapting the entirety of the second part of the manga in 50-60 episodes. That would be dope. An other studio like uftable would be great, but I'd be conent with A-1 as well. I just want to aee all the manga animated!!!!!!!!!
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
So the final arc has just reached its midpoint?:twitch

Smh not sure if I can take more of this slow as fuck pace.
 

Eastgrove

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2014
Messages
2,458
Reaction score
714
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So the final arc has just reached its midpoint?:twitch

Smh not sure if I can take more of this slow as fuck pace.
It's like a roller coaster. A very short one with a steep climb and a short fall.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
It's like a roller coaster. A very short one with a steep climb and a short fall.
....:shootme

Yeah seriously I thought we were more advanced in the arc, like 70% done or something, but looks like she'll keep dragging this shit...
 

Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2016
Messages
525
Reaction score
222
Country
North Pole
Magi almost breaks the 400K mark in the latest oricon chart.
Pretty good imo! That's not even a month worth of sales.

Hurray for mah baby :3
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,984
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Dear beloved Magi members. Our upcoming event, Husbando Wars, is coming soon! It starts on August 22nd, 2016. Be sure to join!
 
Top