- Joined
- Mar 29, 2010
- Messages
- 1,270
- Reaction score
- 483
- Age
- 39
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Lately I have finished reading bakuman to it's current chapter and well that was a great ride up till now, as now there is the challenge of writing something that would be both mainstream and NMS at the same time I ponder in it's meaning, as I read in other sections of MH and other forums I read things about "yeah the manga had it's own concept but now it's just another mainstream battle manga/typical fighting manga" , mostly said about Reborn, Medaka box and Magico.
OFC some of us would agree and some wouldn't but what do you think makes a battle manga Non-mainstream?
What makes a manga to be "typical" and "mainstream"?
As I have not read such a large amount of manga it's a bit hard for me to discern as there are simply manga that gets to me and those which doesn't without much more to it.
We will get Obata-Sensei's opinion about what would be mainstream yet not mainstream but let's try and see what kind of manga answers our point of view to this.
I would start by saying that FMA and ANE in the meantime in my opinion answers this criteria because of the setting it has and the focus on character development
OFC some of us would agree and some wouldn't but what do you think makes a battle manga Non-mainstream?
What makes a manga to be "typical" and "mainstream"?
As I have not read such a large amount of manga it's a bit hard for me to discern as there are simply manga that gets to me and those which doesn't without much more to it.
We will get Obata-Sensei's opinion about what would be mainstream yet not mainstream but let's try and see what kind of manga answers our point of view to this.
I would start by saying that FMA and ANE in the meantime in my opinion answers this criteria because of the setting it has and the focus on character development